The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Acadian National News

+17
Chip
stanislavsoltys
Sauberbmw
Jon
Kurt
Qorten
Fox
Trevy
kj34
Will
ForthWall
OSE Stock Control
Scotch Moen
YingBlanc
Daniel
Carl
Jack
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

76Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:25 am

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

More News!

August 2: North Fraesia Surrenders
It is confirmed that all combatants loyal to Fraesia have completely surrendered in exchange for immunity. Re-building Fraesia has begun.
"This will be a long process, but will benefit everyone in the end," said Acadian President Alexander Johnson.
Fraesia suffers massive damage, as most combat occurred in cities and towns. Re-building costs are estimated to be millions of Enieos, as well as paying various debts for the war. Even though the fighting has stopped, protests are still occurring in Acadia.
Whether or not Acadia will give Fraesia its independence has not been stated.
August 13: Republican Candidate Nomination
Matt Randall (R) has been officially nominated to run against current Democratic President, Alexander Johnson, for President.
Acadian National News - Page 4 Rod-blagojevichAcadian National News - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWts5ofSaon2wEa3Grqh1jQ4PO1v_Xl_nwqDz3xwuJfKZjCEU1vA&t=1
Left: Alexander Johnson | Right: Matt Randall
August 13: Shaydian and Acadian Independence Day Tomorrow
Tomorrow, August 14, celebrates the day Shayden and Acadia defeated Posillpo in the Colonies' War. (Wiki page in progrss: http://usnw-wiki.wikkii.net/w/index.php?title=Colonies%27_War )

77Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:31 pm

Carl

Carl

Is that... Mitt Romney? Neutral

Yay Fraesia Surrenders Razz Now War Crimes trials has begun Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

78Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Boooo, Frasia surrendered (jk) Razz

79Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:46 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

You just want to see the world burn Dan.

Now that this has ended, Follvirkeland can stop being P.O.ed at Acadia. Razz

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

80Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:26 am

Go matt Randal! Razz

81Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Jack

Jack

August 18: Violent protests in Davis
Davis, Acadia, the city attacked by unmanned Fraesian aircraft, is experiencing large amounts of protests. Reporters say the demonstrators are demanding Fraesia's independence, and want Acadia to stop interfering with foreign politics. Riot police were dispatched to calm the riots, but to no avail.
"You know, the God damn imperialism [is] what's caused this all," a protesters says to ANN. "It wasn't our [Acadia's] land to begin with, yet we still want more."

Major Political Journalists and other important politicians have their own opinions.

"If the Acadian Government is really for the people, they will do what their country as a whole desperately needs. If you trace this war back to the start, you will recall that the Fraesian Confederacy's relations with Acadia were strained because they both claimed New Fraesia as their own. A direct result of ongoing Acadian Imperialism, that has been occuring since the 19th century. Now is the time for a change." says Ronald Banks (D).

However some republicans disagree.
"Fraesia's former government was unstable and on the brink of bankruptcy. Their army was also posing a threat to Acadian security when troops were deployed to the border. There was a problem and we have solved it. I believe the Acadian presence in Fraesia will benefit everyone in the end," says Ben Parker (R).

August 23: Former Fraesian Prime Minister Executed
The Acadian Supreme Court recently sentenced Jacques Varcame, former prime minister of Fraesia, to be sent back to Fraesia, and his punishment to be decided by the Fraesians themselves. The Fraesians hanged him earlier today in one of the devastated towns his army bombed during the war.
"This marks a new beginning," says Alexander Johnson, president of Acadia.

82Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:42 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

O.O A modern day hanging??

What a world we roleplay in.

83Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:23 am

Fox

Wonder what the repercussions will be knowing that the Acadian Government sent him back knowing he'd most likely be executed.

Dan .. any thing Justice wise that could complicate issues.. I ask Dan since he was very up to date on the laws, and I hope he still is .. lol

84Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:54 am

Daniel

Daniel

The Imperial Federal Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo condemns the Acadian handling of the Fraesian Prime Minister, seeing it as a violation of the Union's Charter of Fundamental Rights, Part One, Section Two, Clause Six, which states: "Extradition to a state that is dangerous to the one affected (is prohibited to protect human rights)." We will immediately petition the High Court to review this case in order to decide what should be done about it.

85Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:09 pm

Jack

Jack

Guys, I added the hanging part to the story to make it similar to the hanging of Saddam Hussein. Razz

The Acadian Supreme Court did not authorize or support the execution of Jacques Varcame, and does not recognize Fraesia as a state that is dangerous to the one affected, as the combat has stopped.

If this is going to cause trouble, I can change it if you would all like me to do so.

86Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:30 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Don't worry, the court case is just roleplay (and like most court cases, you have a chance of being found innocent). Razz Out of RP, I like what's being done here Smile

Also, Saddam Hussein wasn't sent to another country to be hanged. Razz

87Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:01 pm

Carl

Carl

Neutral

LOL Matt Lauer and Anderson Cooper xDxDxD

88Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:54 pm

Jack

Jack

Daniel: Right, Saddam Hussein was hanged by the people of his own county. Wink
Carl: LOL, I was hoping someone would notice that.

89Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:27 am

Daniel

Daniel

Spoiler:

Spoiler'd for semi-offtopicness. Razz

90Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:34 pm

Carl

Carl

I wouldn't consider that off topic, since it is a reference Devil Razz

91Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:22 pm

Jack

Jack

Well, aside from that, isn't anyone excited about the first part of the news? D: Acadia is slowly changing.

92Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:56 am

Daniel

Daniel

Riots don't sound exciting in the good way D:

This could be a change for the worse or better, depending on how it goes. Razz

93Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:31 am

Carl

Carl

LOL Jack Razz

94Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Acadia is slowly changing.
And I'll have a few toys ready when it does. Devil

95Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:55 pm

Jack

Jack

Michael-M wrote:
Acadia is slowly changing.
And I'll have a few toys ready when it does. Devil
Nah, you ruined it. Razz You'll see below.

President Johnson signs Clean Energy Bill into Law
Two years since the bill's proposal in the Acadian Senate, the Clean Energy Bill has passed today, calling for the construction of several solar, wind, and nuclear power plants across Acadia. [More]

General Assembly passes Sovereignity Act
At a press conference this week, President Alexander Johnson announced the passing of the Sovereignty Act. This act states that Acadia will continue to govern Fraesia. Article 2 of this act allows Acadian government to use force to occupy land outside of Acadian borders if necessary; without a need of approval from the general assembly. This leaves command of the army to the president and his advisors.
Acadian National News - Page 4 Rod+Blagojevich+Speaks+Media+Corruption+Trial+DsZAYJIJa0Cl
Johnson stated that this act has been enacted in response to Folland's declaration of war on the Ivouixkaw Federation.

Long story short, there has been a change of plans. Originally Fraesia was going to be set free and renamed the Fraesian Republic. Acadia's imperialism was also going to end. But for roleplay purposes, it is not. Devil

Last edited by Jack on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

96Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:04 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

D: Oh dear god I've Influenced politics! And already the lines are blurring. Lemme quote my last news.

As of the following morning, ground forces of neither country have yet to cross the border.
Meaning there has been no invasion yet. Razz

97Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:11 pm

Jack

Jack

*Facepalm*

I should've read it closer. I'll edit it. I really only paid attention to:
"Jets flew into Ivouixkaw and bombed...It is now apparent that a state of war has been declared against the Federation."

98Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:13 pm

Carl

Carl

Seems like Euphemians have their own "Manifest Destinies"

Can't wait to see who won Razz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_destiny

99Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Jack

Jack

I've seen the picture on that article before. Razz

100Acadian National News - Page 4 Empty Re: Acadian National News Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:45 pm

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

Well, if two of the three biggies of Euphemia get into each other's path there's sure as hell huge trouble and roleplay on the way. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum