The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Accepted: Full Member | Acadian Federation

+5
Willem
Jon
Carl
Scotch Moen
Jack
9 posters

Accept Acadia as a Member?

Accepted: Full Member | Acadian Federation Pollle10100%Accepted: Full Member | Acadian Federation Pollri10 100% [ 7 ]
Accepted: Full Member | Acadian Federation Pollle100%Accepted: Full Member | Acadian Federation Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Accepted: Full Member | Acadian Federation Pollle100%Accepted: Full Member | Acadian Federation Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

Accepted: Full Member | Acadian Federation Borders_wavy
Welcome to Acadia. Razz

Flag:
Accepted: Full Member | Acadian Federation 800px-Newflag_copy

Coat of Arms:
Accepted: Full Member | Acadian Federation 800px-Acadia_CoatofArms_2

Anthem:
The Acadian Salute

Capital:
Troy

Largest City:
New Stretton

Official Language:
Trentannian

Recognised national languages:
Trentannian
Etruscan

Ethnic groups:
Acadian 86%
Shaydian 5%
Kaskaskian 4%
Fraesian 3%
Other 2%

Demonym:
Acadian

Government:
Federal Republic
President-Matt Randall
Vice President-Paul Bower

Legislature:
General Assembly
Upper House-Senate (Conservative Majority)
Lower House-House of Commons (Conservative Majority)

Independence:
from Trentannia
Declared-November 1, 1780
Recognized-August 14, 1789

Population:
111,000,000-ish

Currency:
Sents (§)

Date Formats:
mm-dd-yyyy

Drives on the:
Right

Internet TLD:
.aca, .agv, .org

Calling Code:
+1

History
Acadia was a collection of small Trentannian colonies in the 1600's-1700's, located south of the other colonies known as "Shayden". In 1778, to pay debts from a recent war, Trentannia taxed the colonies large amounts of money. The colonists complained that they were not represented in Trentannia, and had no say. However, the Trentannian government ignored the complaints and continued to tax its colonies. After two years of protests, the two groups of colonies declared their independence, together. This started the 9 year long Colonies' War, which resulted in Trentannian Defeat and the independence of Shayden and Acadia.

[In Skype today we discussed a reform of the GAW, so this info is subject to change]
During the 19th and 20th century, Acadia was in a period of imperialism. The Federation expanded and doubled in size by 1827. By the beginning of the 20th century, Acadia had dozens of overseas dependencies, most in the Allidean Sea near Ruteria. By the start of the GAW, Acadia had a large and powerful empire and was ready to fight. During the GAW, Acadia joined the Regal Powers with Shayden and Posillipo, and fought until victory. By the end of the war, Acadia had a damaged economy and its territories were crying out for independence. Eventually all but two dependencies were given their independence.

In modern times, Acadia is an extremely conservative nation. It has very close ties and a 223 year old alliance with its neighbor, Shayden, as well as an alliance with Kaskaskia, Fraesia, and Folland, and in Althena, Calibria. It was briefly in debt after the Fraesian War, but recovered after the election of Matt Randall as president. Acadia boasts of a large and powerful military, and maintains Adonia's largest nuclear arsenal. It recently granted its western neighbor, Fraesia its independence and has good relations with the nation today.

Acadia now tries to achieve friendly relations with all countries on Adonia.

I promise you Acadia will not be as imperialist or belligerent anymore. Please don't hold a grudge on Acadia for the Fraesian War, it's not going to be in any wars anytime soon. You have nothing to worry about.

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I promise you Acadia will not be as imperialist or belligerent anymore. Please don't hold a grudge on Acadia for the Fraesian War, it's not going to be in any wars anytime soon. You have nothing to worry about.
But it's fun to call you evil. Razz

I see no problem at all. In fact if it were up to me (it kinda still is, Exec Sec and all) I wouldn't even require a re-app from you. Buuuuut I understand the rules and so I already know what I'm going to vote. Welcome back Jack. You belong here. We missed you. You won't ever leave again, yes, never again! MUAHAHAHAHA!

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

Carl

Carl

No, please be imperialist! Crying

After reading your app and seeing your 2 amazing PDFs I think it's pretty good. Can't wait for the images but then I would still say yes! Smile

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Jack

Jack

Damn! I knew I was forgetting something! The pictures! LOL I'll go find some. XD

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

I actually liked aggressive Acadia Razz

I'm thrilled that you're coming back. We just need pictures and then this is a definite yes from me.

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Yes Yes Yes I wish I could say yes Razz

Jack

Jack

Sorry guys, these are old pictures. It's pretty much all I have.
Spoiler:

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

They are still good
Razz
Whats with the circles Razz

Jack

Jack

They had to do with the story in the CJ. Razz

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

Jon

Jon

Opened the poll and voted.

Carl

Carl

I think you haven't voted yet Jon

Voted.

Jon

Jon

ArrowHead wrote:I think you haven't voted yet Jon

I always say voted before I vote. Razz

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Voooooootaid.

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Voted!!

Daniel

Daniel

Normally a poll is supposed to go up only 24 hours after the requirements are filled, but with activity as it is right now...eh, what the heck. Razz

Voted. Very Happy

Carl

Carl

I think with only 1 more vote, this would get accepted Razz

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

You got it, Carl Razz
Welcome back, Jack.

Daniel

Daniel

Welcome back! Smile

Jack

Jack

Yay! Very Happy Thanks guys!

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

The application has been accepted (was there any doubt?) and will be moved.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum