The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Proposal: Continental Border

+10
alerules22
Jon
Kurt
Daniel
Fox
Carl
stanislavsoltys
Scotch Moen
Will
YingBlanc
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:14 am

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

vooooooooooooted

77Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:38 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

Vooooted (yays finally xD)

78Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Voted.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

79Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

I think some clarification is needed. Like names and where the continent will be divided. East and West Althena is just unrealistic, IMO.

Anyway, voted.

80Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:57 pm

What I believe the contents should be called:
Althena (for the west)
Drethia (for the east, in relation to the plate it's on)

81Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:49 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

So then you're proposing a whole new continent?

82Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:46 am

No, just names for "West and East Althena"

83Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:51 am

Fox

Lets vote on dividing the continent in half first, then you can decide and vote on names?

Michael-M wrote:So then you're proposing a whole new continent?

I believe the vote is to divide the Althena landmass in to 2 parts in name only, like Europe and Asia are the same landmass joined, yet two continents.

Escilnavia wrote:Drethia (for the east, in relation to the plate it's on)"

Althena as a whole actually sits on 8 different tectonic plates. In the proposed split, the eastern half would encompass Peilan plate ( covering far east), Nayaman plate (north east), Carreon plate (north east tip), Pioyang plate (central north), Central plate (self explanatory), Kabier plate (north west) and a portion of the Drenthian plate (south west) which actually covers the majority of the Fozah states int he western part of the Althena landmass.

84Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:16 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

We also need to consider the Arab Peninsular area, cause in real life categorizing The Middle Eastern countries are confusing xDxD

85Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:50 am

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

Middle East has always been considered Asia. There is nothing confusing about it in RL. Of course it's a bit difficult on Adonia as there is no clear divide of which to say, "There we put the border between West Althena and East Althena/Drethia." You could decide to split it in a cultural/historical way. What's the history of the continent, which peoples knew about who and how closely related were/are they to eachother.

86Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:12 pm

I think it's ok if Malo's on the West, I kinda see Malo as like the israel of Adonia.

87Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:28 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

I can see Malo to the west, but the little peninsula, where that gonna go as we chatted about before, I mean we could do just a very narrow strip to connect it to East, but that seems impractical, why don't we just cut the peninsula in half? I can fetch a diagram with my idea on it.

88Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:14 am

Fox

The map is on the very first post guys.. that's what is being voted on.. if you don't agree then vote no and redraft this afterwards with different ideas or maps and names.

The thread has been up since April 15th, if you had different ideas that was the time to post it, not now after the vote has been called and 7 votes have already been received.

89Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:12 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

didn't think the picture on the first page was the official, thanks for pointing it out Fox ^^ yeah it looks fine by me

90Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Voted.

91Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:02 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Voted.

92Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:55 pm

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

Lol it cuts a few nations in half?

93Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Carl

Carl

Apparently Yes Razz

Voted.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

94Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:55 pm

Jack

Jack

I like Kurt's the best. The one on the first page is a little unrealistic.
Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Border_thing
I think we put this to vote too early, and the borders should still be discussed.

95Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:44 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Due to continued confusion and deliberation pertaining to the proposal, the vote has been cancelled. The vote will renew itself after the discussion has come to an agreement.

I for one also like the secondary proposal. What makes it better is moving the border along national borders, so no country is cut in two by it. Also, would you guy like an updated map of Althena to work with?

96Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:37 pm

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

I like kurts

97Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:38 am

Fox

An updated map would be good.

My opinion is that what I think are the Fozah states should be included in the Western part of Althena, along with places like Gamat that are more "European" than "Asian".

98Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:49 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Here yah guy's go. One up to date Althenian map.

Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Althenamap2

Edit:Unless there are yet, more missing countries, there's your "real" updated map.

Last edited by Michael-M on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

99Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:39 am

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

um, missing Valtava, and it's right along the proposed continental border. I haven't really done anything with it though so I'm wondering if I should resign it and just have one country?

100Proposal: Continental Border - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposal: Continental Border Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:19 pm

Carl

Carl

We need a real updated map Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum