The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Francistown Film Festival | Day Five

+2
Carl
Daniel
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Empty Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:58 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Francistownfflogo
Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Fff_day_5
FRANCISTOWN FILM FESTIVAL, DAY FIVE

Mary: Hello once again, ladies and gentlemen! Today, we are presenting the 18 Francis Awards which will be given to the assorted films and actors who will have won awards. To repeat the list I set out a few days ago, the rewards are:
- Best Actor;
- Best Supporting Actor;
- Best Actress;
- Best Supporting Actress;
- Best Animated Film;
- Best Cinematography;
- Best Costume Design;
- Best Director;
- Best Film Editing;
- Best Makeup;
- Best Original Score;
- Best Original Song;
- Best Picture;
- Best Sound Editing;
- Best Sound Mixing;
- Best Visual Effects;
- Best Original Screenplay;
- Best Stunt Coordination.

Jonathan: In addition to Charles and Johanna, several of the directors, actors, and other such people from the films that made it into this festival are also in attendance.

Brian: Hi!

Jonathan: This is Brian Skarr, who is going to be our special announcer, who will announce the nominees for the categories, after the judges have decided on who will be nominated. While he is announcing the nominees, the judges will decide on which to pick as winner for each category, and then pass on their decisions to us, and then Brian will announce the winners. So, Mary, are you ready to hand over your 10 Enieo? Because I'm pretty sure that each film will be nominated for something!

Mary: You should be ready to fork out that much! I'm positive I will win!

Charles: Wait, you were serious about that bet?

Mary: Of course we're serious! I'd never make a bet in jest!

Johanna: Good thing it's only 10 Enieo then...

Brian: Well, looks like the judges have decided on the five nominees for Best Actor, and they are...

Spoiler:

Mary: Wow, those are some interesting nominations! Personally, I think the nominations of Seen, Norman, and Bell was a given, as they all had great performances.

Jonathan: I agree with you, Mary.

Brian: Here come the nominations for Best Supporting Actor!

Spoiler:

Jonathan: My favorite of those just listed was Nicolas Princeps; he really knows how to make the most of his screen time.

Mary: I prefer Carter Jonesfield, but you're right, Nicolas Princeps was pretty good in that film as well.

Johanna I really liked Huston's performance in AIN Wars, and I hope that he will show us more of his skills in the future.

Brian: And the nominees for Best Actress are...

Spoiler:

Mary: Miss Stevens' role as Hana was completely awesome! I'm so glad she's nominated!

Jonathan: Totally! Anyways, Brian, have the judges decided on who will be nominated for the next award yet?

Brian: Well, here it comes now!

Jonathan So, who's been nominated for Best Supporting Actress?

Brian: The actresses nominated for Best Supporting Actress are...

Spoiler:

Jonathan: Fauté's role as the Queen in King Cappore Saseille was quite well done! I would have been somewhat disappointed if she didn't get that award, so it's a good thing she did get it!

Mary: I preferred Ivanovich as Adriana, but I'd have to say, Fauté's also a pretty good actress.

Charles: I think both of them played their parts really well in their respective films.

Brain: And the nominees for Best Animated Film are...

Spoiler:

Mary: It's unfortunate that only two animated films made it into the festival, as, in my opinion, Anokan will definitely win that award, with very little competition.

Jonathan: As much as I like Bugs Bunny, I'd have to agree with you there, Mary.

Brian: The nominees for Best Cinematography are...

Spoiler:

Charles: Of those five nominations, I personally like Fall of the Imperium the best, although I really like the others as well.

Jonathan: Yeah, the cinematographers who worked on that film really knew what they were doing!

Mary: I agree with you both.

Brian: The nominees for Best Costume Design are...

Spoiler:

Mary: The costumes for King Cappore Saseille and AIN Wars were awesome!

Jonathan: That's if you discount the generally bland costumes in the second half of the latter movie.

Mary: Well, yeah. But that doesn't make the costumes in the first half any less awesome!

Brian: The nominees for Best Director are...

Spoiler:

Jonathan: I'm glad Corry's nominated! He's my favorite director of those that made it in!

Mary: I would have preferred it if Jim Bailings had also been nominated... but I'm content with the current list of nominees.

Charles: I admire Simon Coto's work a lot, so it's nice that he's nominated.

Brian: Nominations for Best Film Editing go to...

Spoiler:

Johanna: I'm no movie expert, but I do believe that the editing of Inception is quite superior to most of the other nominees... of course, that's just my opinion.

Charles: Inception's editing was done pretty well, alright.

Brian: The nominations for Best Makeup are for...

Spoiler:

Mary: AIN Wars' use of makeup for the portrayal of many of those different alien species, in my opinion, was excellent!

Jonathan: Indeed.

Brian: The nominees for Best Original Score are...

Spoiler:

Johanna: The score of Don Fierro was so great! I'm really happy to see it nominated!

Mary: Me too!

Brian: Nominations for Best Original Song are...

Spoiler:

Mary: "Fallen, but not Forgotten" is one of the best songs with lyrics that I've ever seen in a film!

Jonathan: I agree, and I would be quite surprised if it doesn't get a Francis Award.

Charles: Indeed, it's quite the song!

Brian: Nominations for Best Picture are...

Spoiler:

Jonathan: What did I tell you? I KNEW that Fall of the Imperium would be nominated! I just knew it!

Mary: Well, Fall of the Imperium was a given, but what surprised me was that Lakehurst was nominated; although I think it's a great film, I didn't think it was of Best Picture caliber. But then again, that's only my opinion.

Johanna: I kind of felt the same way.

Brian: The Best Sound Editing nominees are...

Spoiler:

Charles: The sound editing on all those listed films was quite good, in my opinion.

Mary: I agree with you, Your Majesty.

Brian: The nominees for Best Sound Mixing are...

Spoiler:

Mary: Those are all great films, but in particular case, I think AIN Wars should win this Francis Award.

Brian: The nominations for Best Visual Effects go to...

Spoiler:

Jonathan: I wonder which one will win that award... all of their special effects were great!

Mary: I also wonder...

Johanna: I'm rooting for Lakehurst.

Brian: The nominees for Best Original Screenplay are...

Spoiler:

Johanna: Hmmm, interesting.

Charles: Indeed.

Brian: And the final nominations, for Best Stunt Coordination, go to...

Spoiler:

Jonathan: During this brief break, let's count the nominated films, so we can see who won the bet!

Mary: Sure!

Jonathan: Look! I've won the bet!

Mary: You know, if there had been more animated films, then I would have won.

Jonathan: Well, I still won, so hand over the money now!

Mary: Here you go then; ten Enieo.

Brian: Ladies and gentlemen, we will now announce the winners of the First Annual Francistown Film Festival! They are:

Best Animated Film:

Best Cinematography:

Best Costume Design:

Best Film Editing:

Best Makeup:

Best Original Score:

Best Original Song:

Best Sound Editing:

Best Sound Mixing:

Best Visual Effects:

Best Original Screenplay:

Best Stunt Coordination:

Best Actor:

Best Supporting Actor:

Best Actress:

Best Supporting Actress:

Best Director:

Best Picture:

Brian: The final tally of awards and nominations is:
- Fall of the Imperium: 7 awards, 12 nominations.
- Pirates of the Alcadean: The Curse of the White Chest: 1 award, 9 nominations.
- Inception: 1 award, 4 nominations.
- Source Code: 0 awards, 4 nominations.
- The Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie: 0 awards, 1 nomination.
- Agents of Tegno: 2 awards, 11 nominations.
- Don Fierro: 2 awards, 14 nominations.
- Where in the World is Anokan?: 1 award, 4 nominations.
- 2011: 0 awards, 5 nominations.
- AIN Wars: 2 awards, 8 nominations.
- Lakehurst: 1 award, 7 nominations.
- King Cappore Saseille: 1 award, 7 nominations.

Jonathan: With the awards now counted and presented, the First Annual Francistown Film Festival has come to a close. We wish the best of luck to you all; Khot hap ee ko, and come back next year for the Second Annual Francistown Film Festival!

Mary: Thank you ever so much, Your Majesty, for attending this Film Festival.

Charles: It was our pleasure.

Johanna: Well, I'll have to return to Gamat soon, so we'd best return to Skarr House. Goodbye, Mrs. Phillips!

Mary: Goodbye everyone! For the last time, this is Mary Phillips reporting from the FFF, signing off.

2Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Empty Re: Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:25 pm

Carl

Carl

Congratulations to Everyone Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

3Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Empty Re: Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:59 pm

Great script and presentation Daniel, it's sad to see this ended, you've done great.

And by the way Don Fierro got nominated more than any other movie Very Happy

4Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Empty Re: Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:28 am

Fox

Fantastic way to end the Festival ..

Congratulations to all those winner and to all the movies that got nominated. I won something so I'm happy I put the effort in to apply.. yay.. I hope we do this again, but lets not wait another year ..lol .. lets have it every 6months or so.

5Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Empty Re: Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:32 am

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

Yay I won something.... Loved the Festival, now planning the new one Wink
Excellent!!!

http://www.usnw.net

6Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Empty Re: Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:28 am

Carl

Carl

LOL The Looney Looney Tunes Movie didn't win an award... Oh well, good job for having 5 nominations Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

7Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Empty Re: Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:13 am

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Congrats everyone! And as always Daniel, I'm very impressed with all the work you put into this!

http://www.usnw.net

8Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Empty Re: Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:32 am

Yeehaa! Awesome, absolutely brilliant! Fall of the Imperium really deserves it, it is the most expensive and most earning film ever.

9Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Empty Re: Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:17 pm

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

congratulations to everyone Smile

10Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Empty Re: Francistown Film Festival | Day Five Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:08 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Replies:

30: Indeed.
K50: Congratulations for being the most-nominated film! Very Happy
Fox: No need to wait for another year; the Ruterian Film Festival is being planned Wink
30 (again): Did you just confuse that Bugs Bunny movie with 2011? Because neither won an award, but it was 2011 that got 5 nominations Razz
Chip: Thanks, that really means a lot to me! Smile
9988: Congrats for winning the most awards! Cool
Forth: Yay!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum