The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Francistown Film Festival | Day Two

+5
Fox
alerules22
Carl
kj34
Daniel
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Empty Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:40 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Francistownfflogo
Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Fff_day_2
FRANCISTOWN FILM FESTIVAL, DAY TWO

Jonathan: Well, welcome back, ladies and gentlemen, to Day Two of the First Annual Francisto...

Mary: Jonathan, I'm pretty sure that everyone here, not to mention those watching this event, know that it's Day Two of the first annual FFF.

Jonathan: Well, yeah, but it's kind of our duty to say that.

Mary: You're right. Well, sorry for interrupting you. Please continue, Jonathan.

Jonathan: Okay. Well anyways, as I was saying, welcome back everyone! Today, we will continue to review the films which qualified for the finals this year, accompanied by our special guests for today. The fi...

Mary: Wait, did you say "Special guests"? I thought there was going to be only one?

Jonathan: Well Mary, since the volcanic ash from Askivötn cleared up a few days ago, Johanna was able to fly here at last. She arrived last night, in fact. However, because of the delay caused by all flights in Fovazh and West Althena being grounded for a long time, her stay here will unfortunately be substantially shorter than originally planned. However, she will be able to attend the festival for the next few days.

Mary: Oh look, here she comes now!

Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Johanna

Johanna: Hello guys!

Mary: Welcome, Johanna! It's great to meet you!

Johanna: Same here.

Mary: So, are you enjoying your stay here in Grand so far?

Johanna: Definitely!

Charles: So, what's the first film on today's list?

Jonathan: That would be the Utrovan film Source Code, Your Majesty.

Johanna: I've never seen it. What's it about?

Mary: The plot centers around a certain man who, after narrowly surviving a train derailment in Chidessa, decides to hunt down the person responsible for the bombing which caused the accident. After doing so, he finds that the bomber has already set his plans in motion for a larger "accident", this time hitting the Utrovan capital, and he decides to try to prevent that from occuring. The film stars Jake Gyllanov as Stanislaw Colldorov, Vika Monohan as Hristina Varon, Vera Farmiha as Captain Gosda, Jeffrey Wright as Dr. Rutleh, and Mikhail Ardon as Drechk Snih. Like the Utrovan film we saw yesterday, this one is also directed by Stanislaw Walzak.

Johanna: Hmmm, interesting. What do you think, Charles?

Charles: I agree with you. Let's begin the film!

Jonathan: Right away, sire!

Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Source_code

*1 hour, 33 minutes later*

Charles Better then I expected!

Mary: That film did have a few suprises in store... I didn't expect the end to be like that.

Jonathan: I think that every really good movie should have some suprises in store... it gets boring when all the films are so predictable.

Johanna: I agree with you on that. Anyways, what's next?

Mary: Another Utrovan film, and one of only two animated films to make it in. It's called "The Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie". It's quite short actually; the shortest film that made it into the finals, if I'm not mistaken.

Jonathan: Heh, I used to watch those Utrovan cartoons about him a lot when I was little... so, what are we waiting for?

Mary: Here we go!

Francistown Film Festival | Day Two The_looney_looney_looney_bugs_bunny_movie

*29 minutes later*

Mary: Well, that was short.

Jonathan: Indeed. I wouldn't have minded it if it had gone on longer however.

Mary: Really? For my part, I was kind of relieved when it was over. Too much rabbit-ness.

Jonathan: The "too much rabbit-ness" is what I enjoyed best!

Charles: Uh... guys?

Jonathan: Sorry, Your Majesty.

Charles: It's ok. I rather liked the short film as well, but let's not get into that. What's the next film?

Jonathan: I believe it's the Grandian film Agents of Tegno, which was the only film from our country to enter.

Johanna: What's it about? It only came out a few days ago, so I didn't see it yet.

Mary: Directed by the world-famous Grandian director Jim Bailings, who also was the producer of the box-office hit Loggers, which won two Defers Awards and made 173 million Enieo worldwide, and starring Andrew Norman as Kent Antas, Isabella Thompson as Jenny King, Harold Bama as Henry King, and Fred Benner as Jim Andrews, Agents of Tegno is set during a fictional war between the Republic of Nosagua and the Principality of Conortosia. As the Nosaguans rapidly lose ground during the war, they dispatch a small team of secret agents into the heart of Conortosia to kidnap high-ranking Conortosian officials and hold them for ransom. However, the agents have no idea of how hard their mission would be, in more ways than one.

Johanna: This is gonna be great, I can tell.

Jonathan: Switch it on!

Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Agents_of_tegno

*2 hours, 15 minutes later*

Johanna: What did I tell you? It was great, wasn't it?

Mary: It was! And I can't imagine how Jenny felt... it must have been hard for her, with her boyfriend being one of those Conortosian officials.

Charles: Yeah, considering the circumstances, I was not that surprised that she did what she did in the end.

Jonathan: Andy Norman sure was a great actor... he obviously didn't win that Golden Fabhcun for Best Actor for his role in Attack of the Killer Parrots back in July for nothing.

Johanna: I second that.

Mary: What's the next film, Jonathan?

Jonathan: That would be the other animated film that entered, Where in the World is Anokan?, directed by Bob Peterson, and starring the voices of Jamie Bell as Billy, and Jorden Nagai as his best friend, Russel. The story begins when Billy and Russel are rummaging through some of Billy's late grandfather's things, and they find a misplaced letter from 1979. They then decide to attempt to reach the distant (fictional) nation of Anokan on the other side to the world to deliver the letter to earn the last Guide badge they need.

Mary: Sounds pretty decent.

Jonathan: Here we go then!

Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Where_in_the_world_is_anokan

*1 hour, 36 minutes later*

Mary: That was wonderful! A lot better than that Bugsy movie!

Jonathan: I'll have to hand it to you, it really was a lot better than I expected!

Johanna: Is that the end of Day Two?

Charles: I believe there's one more for tonight.

Mary: Indeed there is. It's the Ruterian disaster film 2011, directed by Ronald Arnolds. It's a fictionalized version of what some people claim could happen on December 23rd 2011, when the Mutir Long Count Calendar ends its cycle.

Charles: I saw this one before, and although a few scenes were a little unrealistic in my opinion, it was a pretty good movie overall.

Jonathan: I haven't seen it.

Mary: Here goes!

Francistown Film Festival | Day Two 2011

*2 hours, 38 minutes later*

Jonathan: Whew! That was exhilarating!

Mary: Even though I've seen it before, it was good to see it again!

Johanna: I enjoyed watching it again as well.

Charles: So did I.

Jonathan: Well, I suppose that's it for tonight. Good night everyone! Khot hap ee ko, and and please come back tomorrow for Day Three of the Festival!

Mary: Goodbye! It certainly was a pleasure to meet you, Johanna! I hope we will have an opportunity to meet again sometime soon.

Johanna: It would be great to have you over anytime, if that's alright with Charles. I'm still just a guest here myself for now.

Charles: Of course it would be fine!

Mary: Thank you both so much! Well, this is Mary Phillips, signing off now, and I wish you all a pleasant evening.

2Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Empty Re: Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:45 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

I like it.. looking forward to tomorrow!
Interestingly enough I haven't seen any of these movies in RL. Very Happy

3Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Empty Re: Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:48 pm

Carl

Carl

Wow sooo epic D:

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

4Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Empty Re: Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:02 pm

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

Epic *Ale Plans the Ruterian Movie Festival*... :O

http://www.usnw.net

5Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Empty Re: Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:04 pm

Fox

Great day two!

Love the critiquing of the movies, glad there are some good and some bad.

Getting anxious about the winners now ..lol

6Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Empty Re: Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:22 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Nicely done, you took an idea and made it your own Smile Excellent Job

7Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Empty Re: Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:05 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Great work!

http://www.usnw.net

8Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Empty Re: Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:42 pm

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

Excellent Smile

9Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Empty Re: Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:30 am

Spectacular, can't wait for more!! Very Happy

10Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Empty Re: Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:00 pm

Daniel

Daniel

REPLIES:

KJ: Thanks! Very Happy (PS: Two of Day Two's films are completely original [plotwise] Razz)
30: Thank you again!
Ale: Another Film Festival? Sounds good to me!
Fox: Don't worry, the winners are coming soon Wink
Will: You're the one who originally suggested that I make a Francistown Film Festival, so a BIG thanks goes to you! king
Chip: Thanks once again! Smile
Forth: Thanks!
Huston: More is assuredly coming!

11Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Empty Re: Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:26 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

Um... Dan, the Looney Tunes movie is waaaaaaay longer than 29 minutes. Neutral

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

12Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Empty Re: Francistown Film Festival | Day Two Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:15 am

Daniel

Daniel

StanislavSoltys wrote:Um... Dan, the Looney Tunes movie is waaaaaaay longer than 29 minutes. Neutral
Well, that's why you're supposed to fill in the "Length of Film" box Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum