The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Case Proposal: Okaiken, Shayden, Insulo, Sinope, et. al. v. The Government of Bergenstein

+11
kj34
Trevy
Jack
Agunter999
Willem
Daniel
Jon
Juls
Kurt
Scotch Moen
Carl
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

The delegation from Insulo would like to remind Bergenstein that it is responsible, as a sovereign nation, for the actions of lower levels of government inside its borders.

It is our opinion that the government of Bergenstein is in violation of the charter if they do not act to prevent these actions by a lower level of government within Bergenstein. If Bergenstein is not capable of enforcing the rule of law within its own borders and controlling lower levels of its own government we question whether Bergenstein is truly capable of functioning as a sovereign nation.

We also believe that the central government of Bergenstein is in violation of the above mentioned sections of the Charter because it is the responsibility of the central government, due to its membership in this organizations, to ensure that violations of the charter do not occur within its territory. These crimes are horrendous, and the parties directly responsible should be brought to justice, but Bergenstein's government cannot claim that it is not responsible for controlling the actions of parties, as that is the responsibility Bergenstein accepted when it joined this organization.

We strongly support the central government of Bergenstein remaining as the sole defendant in this trial, as the purpose of this trial is to assess the observance of the charter by said state. Therefore, punishment of individual criminals or groups responsible for these executions is outside of the scope of this trial. Separate trials can be held to punish the direct perpetrators of the crimes that are the subject of this trial at such time that they can be individually identified and apprehended.

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

Jack wrote:One central government of Bergenstein doesn't even seem to exist.
Meaning Bergenstein as a state shouldn't exist. *cough* *cough*

Trevy

Trevy
Member (New Terrance)
Member (New Terrance)

Jon wrote:The delegation from Insulo would like to remind Bergenstein that it is responsible, as a sovereign nation, for the actions of lower levels of government inside its borders.

It is our opinion that the government of Bergenstein is in violation of the charter if they do not act to prevent these actions by a lower level of government within Bergenstein. If Bergenstein is not capable of enforcing the rule of law within its own borders and controlling lower levels of its own government we question whether Bergenstein is truly capable of functioning as a sovereign nation.

We also believe that the central government of Bergenstein is in violation of the above mentioned sections of the Charter because it is the responsibility of the central government, due to its membership in this organizations, to ensure that violations of the charter do not occur within its territory. These crimes are horrendous, and the parties directly responsible should be brought to justice, but Bergenstein's government cannot claim that it is not responsible for controlling the actions of parties, as that is the responsibility Bergenstein accepted when it joined this organization.

We strongly support the central government of Bergenstein remaining as the sole defendant in this trial, as the purpose of this trial is to assess the observance of the charter by said state. Therefore, punishment of individual criminals or groups responsible for these executions is outside of the scope of this trial. Separate trials can be held to punish the direct perpetrators of the crimes that are the subject of this trial at such time that they can be individually identified and apprehended.
The Republic of New Terrance agrees with the Insulo delegation and stresses that as a part of this organization, it is the central government of Bergenstein that must prevent these actions from occurring. If say government is unable to prevent such actions upon its citizenry it is say state's sole responsibility to seek help among other union nations.

These actions, taking place over the amounted time, are no longer excusable due to the fact that the central government of Bergenstein was not capable of preventing them. Therefor it is the duty of the United Sovereign Nations of the World to step in and place restrictions on say coupe and the central government of Bergenstein. The Republic of New Terrance supports this case in court.

Jon

Jon

The delegation from Insulo must insist that these proceedings continue posthaste. The crimes to be analysed in this trial represent a grievous violation of the union charter and demand immediate attention.

Carl

Carl

we need a judge XD

Either it's Mike or Kenny Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Daniel

Daniel

The Imperial Federal Kingdom wonders whether the fact that the accused are currently in absentia will have any bearing on the course of the trial.

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Ok, I'm here.

The Commonwealth is neutral in this case, obviously.

The case can begin. The Vice-Consul would like the plaintiffs to state their case.

Cuz, you know, I missed about 3 pages XD

Carl

Carl

XD

The prosecution would like to open its case.

Bergenstein, a nation in Western Althena, joined the USNW around a month or two ago by its government headed by the High King Gotenburg. While it claims peace and prosperity to the nation in the USNW, it has hidden its darkest secrets, such as the promotion of a non-conformist traditionalist hermit kingdom while persecuting people who wanted to live a better life in the country.

The Government of Bergenstein had always claimed that it has a stable form of economy when it joined the USNW. Upon entering the USNW, Bergenstein revealed otherwise. They had one of the most unstable economies on the planet, severely affecting the regional and the global market. However, the worst is yet to come.

A small group of a movement for change, called the modernist movement by the Bergenstein Government, demanded change for the handling of the economy within Bergenstein. However, the traditionalists attack the peaceful movement and also incited wicked acts such as execution by guillotine, etc. as publicly announced by the Meinsburg Government, an arm of the Central, traditionally controlled Central Bergenstein Government.

to be continued Razz

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)

Very good and very bad for me Razz 

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

The Sinope Republic would like to add that the United Sovereign Nations of the World are as well responsible to an extend. By allowing such nation to be a member state of this union, by not conducting proper investigation before allowing the said nation to be accepted into this union, the USNW is hereby responsible as well. By voting against the membership of Bergenstein into the USNW, Sinope has been expressing its opposition to this unstable country to be part of the union. Moreover, the Sinope Republic asks for the establishment of union-wide sanctions over Bergenstein and the definitive expulsion of Bergeinstein from the USNW. If the precedent request is rejected, Sinope asks for the suspension of membership until a proper government is established.

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

The Government of Trevi entirely agrees with the statements said by the Sinopian Government, our government voted no on such application as well, and we deem the USNW responsible for allowing such a corrupt, unstable and completely violent nation into the USNW, we therefore demand that the USNW takes immediate action either by suspending and even expulsing the Nation of Bergenstein from the USNW.

http://www.usnw.net

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Suspect

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

The Vice-Consul will take other testimonies, but if none are forthcoming, requests to hear the defendant's side of the case.

Carl

Carl

We'll provide the rest on our show of evidence.

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Um, does that mean you're done and Bergenstein can go, or am I waiting on you, Carl?Razz

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

By the way, the case is active so it should be moved.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

Carl

Carl

@Kenny - I certainly can't do it while I'm travelling back to Winnipeg Razz

From Fargo, ND

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

The Vice Consul is still waiting on a show of evidence from Okaiken. Until then, the case cannot proceed.

Carl

Carl

Um this is only the opening statements not yet the evidence. and for that matter, I will go on.

Our case has gathered several evidence, from video evidence to documents released by the states government in Bergenstein, especially from the most recent revelation that the Meinsberg government still practice execution by guillotine because it is their 'tradition'. We have also gathered several eyewitness statements, mainly some members from the modernist movement who have applied as Okaiken refugees.

This concludes our opening statement. Go on your honour.

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

The Vice Consul would now like to hear from the defendant's side.

woodb3kmaster

woodb3kmaster

Sorry to butt into something that's really not my business, but didn't I say that something like this would happen if you let Agunter in? Razz

Agunter999

Ehem, this is a roleplay case not a case against me or my personal actions so to speak Neutral 

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

woodb3kmaster wrote:Sorry to butt into something that's really not my business, but didn't I say that something like this would happen if you let Agunter in? Razz
This is merely roleplay. Agunter hasn't actually done anything wrong, unless livening things up is illegal, in which case he'd prolly have to go to jail, cuz that's all he's doing.

Agunter999

Thankyou Kenny

Daniel

Daniel

kj34 wrote:
woodb3kmaster wrote:Sorry to butt into something that's really not my business, but didn't I say that something like this would happen if you let Agunter in? Razz
This is merely roleplay. Agunter hasn't actually done anything wrong, unless livening things up is illegal, in which case he'd prolly have to go to jail, cuz that's all he's doing.
Yep, pretty much this. Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum