The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1

+7
stanislavsoltys
jmsepe
City_Master
Carl
alerules22
Scotch Moen
Agunter999
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Empty Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Sat May 31, 2014 12:42 pm

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)

Bergenstein Realism Act #1

This is (the first of possibly few) act that aims to make Bergenstein more realistic, this will initially focus on the dependencies however may change to some other topics at a later date. I have not decided what other changes may occur but I think that this following proposal must go on, otherwise everything is just unrealistic.

In 1939 Bergenstein I on the brink of collapse and to prevent this the aristocracy of the mainland Bergenstein states voted to join the Bruellan Empire to create a strong Bruellannic nation. But that is nothing new, nor is the fact that the dependencies of Bergenstein split off and went their own ways. Litheniant became a part of Kallvarde, the grad duchy became a self administered part of Kallvarde very separate yet still part of Kallvarde. Bit like Hong Kong but more Sorbian :PWhen Bergenstein regained independence at the end of GAW Litheniant now did not return to Bergentein but remained part of Kallvarde as a special administrative region.

Danskmarkensweg (which I need to make a nicer flag for Razz) was liberated from Mervian rule in late 1867 by Bergenstein troops and remained a Bergen military stronghold until the end of the war in 1876, however now, instead of Danskmarkenweg randomly becoming part of Bergestein it and Scotia become associate members of Bergenstein, (basically closely tied, but not actually part of) with Merkator and Thule becoming allies with Bergenstein. In 1901 the Vis-King of Danskmarkensweg and the King of Scotia agreed that Danskmarkensweg would be annexed by Scotia mainly as to create a stronger state in the turbulent times in global politics. The Vis-King and government still had a degree of autonomy however Scotia took control of things like defence (though Dansk units still wear distinctly Dansk uniforms) and foreign policy. The Dank already used the Scotian currency, the Novak.

The gets rid of the horribly unexplainable dependencies berg has while still maintaining relation with the nations, this does void the while Dank referendum and all that stuff Razz

Last edited by Agunter999 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Amended removed the Union thing with an annexation)

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Bergenstein voting to be annexed into Bruellen pre-GAW is appropriate.

Kallvarde swallowing up those dependencies is appropriate.

Scotia however would have most likely tried to go the Bruellen/Kallvarde route, and swallow up Dansk, instead of creating some special alliance with it. In reality when a regional power wants to form an Alliance it's usually with another equal power. Dansk is just a tiny island compared to Scotia. And back in the late 19th century I could just see an Annexation happen. People were more land grabby back then.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

Agunter999

Yeh but you have to remember Scotia and Dansk were for exactly the same cause against the Scandinavians Razz Long live all Uralics sort of thing Razz

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

I'm completely against the Dansko-Scotian Union.

http://www.usnw.net

Carl

Carl

Against the Dansk-Scotia Union thing, because I just don't see it happening.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

City_Master

City_Master
Member (Septentria)
Member (Septentria)

I'm also against the Dansk-Scotia Union. The other two do seem plausible though.

7Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Empty Re: Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Sat May 31, 2014 10:32 pm

jmsepe

jmsepe
Member (Teiko)

I support the motions above for the aforementioned reasons. Razz

http://teiko-about.blogspot.com

8Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Empty Re: Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:10 am

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

I agree with the above posts.

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Well, guys how about instead of us downright saying no, let's let Agunter explain in detail why he thinks Dansk and Scotia would sign an Alliance instead of going plain annexation.

10Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Empty Re: Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Yeah, I don't see the Dansk-Scotian thing happening.

11Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Empty Re: Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:19 am

Agunter999

***Amended***

12Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Empty Re: Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:56 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Better. Though the Dansk army still maintaining an individual identity? Well I guess anything is possible. It'd still be an administered arm of Scotia. But I'm okay with this.

13Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Empty Re: Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:57 am

Agunter999

Oh it is entirely administered and under the direct command of the scotia army they just wear a different uniform.

14Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Empty Re: Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:03 am

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Looks better. I'm glad to see there is reform. Smile

15Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Empty Re: Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:17 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

That seems much more reasonable.

16Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Empty Re: Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:49 pm

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

I still don't like it, I think Danskmarkensweg should be abolished, or at least have the name changed. I also don't like the "associate members of Bergenstein" part, as it doesn't make much sense for those far off nations to join with Bergenstein, seeing as it was not a large military or economic power.

17Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Empty Re: Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:35 am

Agunter999

Well they joined in that for the purpose of protection against Mervey who if berg had not promised their freedom would have just re swallowed them up. And I love that name :p

18Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Empty Re: Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:29 am

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Well another thing to note too Agunter, if you like the name you could just use it inside Berg. That way the current Danskmarkensweg could be abolished for realism purposes.

I like where this is going so far and I am definitely glad to see Bergen become more realistic.

19Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Empty Re: Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:08 am

Agunter999

I do like the name but if you notice Danskmarkesweg in scotia still has ties with it, Please I have given them up don't expect me to get rid of them completely Razz

20Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Empty Re: Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:33 am

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I was just trying to compromise, and provide realism. I have no real business in this since I am not in the region. Razz

21Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Empty Re: Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:41 am

Agunter999

This is a compromise, Razz

22Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Empty Re: Proposal | Bergenstein Realism Act #1 Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:20 am

Kisa Atsuko

Kisa Atsuko
Member (Sundanesia)
Member (Sundanesia)

Well so far reasonable enouth for me... though I dont know much about the area... Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum