The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Follandan Showcase

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

26 Re: Follandan Showcase on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:44 am

Uh oh! A nuke! in new Uniden City, what caused the ruins just wondering?

27 Re: Follandan Showcase on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:24 am

@Escil: I'm presuming that the "ruins" were caused by that major earthquake not too long ago.

Fantastic pictures of the capital, Mike! Very Happy

View user profile

28 Re: Follandan Showcase on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:31 pm

Jack

Member (Acadia & Valessia)
D: WAR, WAR, WAR! ...But, I guess we have to find out who is responsible for the explosion before invading a country... Sad

By the way, the capital looks amazing. :O

29 Re: Follandan Showcase on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Very Nice Pics you have there Razz

View user profile http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

30 Re: Follandan Showcase on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:38 am

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
Follvirkeland Showcase:|"Invasion" of Malo

- -

Follvirkeland's Expeditionary Force finally arrives in the Tresta Sea, just off the coast of Malo. The Expeditionary Fleet, a group of 5 ships; 4 Destroyers and a Carrier weigh anchor and begin the initial stages of Operation Desert Mace.

Squads of the 35th Rangers along with Elements of the 63rd Infantry Regiment, 5th Army will begin their insertion into Malo, occupying and securing designated landing zones inland to turn them into Forward Operating Bases. These installations will then act as staging areas for an attack on an Airstrip currently held by Militant forces. The 35th Rangers will go in as Vanguard units, destroying strategic assets ahead of the 63rd Infantry.

Phoenix Interceptors begin scrambling from the F.N.S. Cathleen. The Phoenix's will strike known Militant locations inland, giving the 35th and 63rd enough coverage to land safely without risk of Counterattack.

As the jets enter Malo airspace, the Infantry load onto their Helicopters, gearing up and prepping for Insertion into the country. This will be the first Ground Combat action the Follvirkeland military has seen since the Great Adonian War.

Whoa! RPG!

Reports had mentioned Militant leaders knew Follvirkeland was coming, and set up listening posts all along the coast in their territory. The Militant at this post attempted to take a pot shot at one of the Choppers with an RPG. Fortunately it missed. However woefully inaccurate they may be, god will they ruin your day if they get it right.

View user profile http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

31 Re: Follandan Showcase on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:44 am

It has begun.

Also, I think these are the first pictures of the desert region of Malo, so... Cool

View user profile

32 Re: Follandan Showcase on Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:41 pm

Neutral

Well Dan, Razz

EDIT: Those ships sure looks vulnerable xDxDxD

33 Re: Follandan Showcase on Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:51 pm

Jack

Yay war!

34 Re: Follandan Showcase on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:57 pm

kj34

Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)
You always did make the best war pics.
Give em hell!

View user profile

35 Re: Follandan Showcase on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
I like the war pics! Gives me reason to show off mah toys. Cool

Follvirkeland Showcase:| Outreach Isle

- -

Detouring from the war, Outreach Island is a small inhabited, mountainous island in the South Rites sea. Quite chilly most of the year (and downright freezing in the winter), Outreach was long ignored until later in the Home Defense Act. Follvirkeland was in the process of building a Fleet for the Cilician Ocean, but needed Eyes and Ears off the mainland to catch anyone wanting to come "visit" them. Outreach was then dragged into the Government's attention. Small, with high elevations, the location was perfect. An effort to establish a presence there was immediate.

It'd be a little hard to find without good ol' GPS tracking.

The Town of Outreach was built to house the Government/Military personnel stationed on the island, as well as any others who might want to make a modest living there. Because of the island's out-of-the-way location and insignificant civilian importance, few came. Today, the small town is home to over Two hundred residents.

Energy for the town and it's Military assets are supplied by the generous Follvirkeland government. Several large Wind Turbines make use of the Island's strong wind currents blowing in from the sea. Resulting wind chill however is not generally liked.

Over the mountain and through the woods, to the Listening Post we go. This is one of the two most valuable things on Outreach Island.

The Communications post monitors all nearby Comm traffic. If there's a foreign power's ship in the area and her Captain ordered a sandwich over the radio, they'd hear about it. Due to the post's hard to get to location, roads were not built. Instead materials and supplies were ferried in by Helicopter, and the station maintains a Helipad at all times for regular supply shipments. The path going off the left, however? It leads to something.

The only 'road' up here connects the Comm station with the rest of the Listening Post. The Post's truck runs between the two whenever a Supply run comes in, or personnel need to get from one to the other. No guardrail. Long way down though.

The other end of the Post sits the Radar station. This is the Eyes of the Outreach. It's Long Range Radar points out anything from a baseball to high altitude bombers. Without this, the Cilician Fleet harbored at Kristinsund Naval Base would have very few minutes of warning of an impending attack.

The continued safety of Follvirkeland from this vigilance more than makes up for the dreaded weather.

36 Re: Follandan Showcase on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Moar Military D:

Nice Update Razz

37 Re: Follandan Showcase on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:56 am

Jack

Snowy pics! Very Happy I'm terrible at making small towns, but somehow got #1 on Ben's Top Ten after posting a small town CJ entry. Razz

38 Re: Follandan Showcase on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:36 am

Trevy

Member (New Terrance)
Member (New Terrance)
This is awesome! It looks so real

View user profile

39 Re: Follandan Showcase on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:46 am

Nice little island you've got there. Smile

View user profile

40 Re: Follandan Showcase on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:49 am

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
Just for fun, I did a little Hinali 2013 picture amidst all this hype about the Olympics. I don't really have the intention to host one though. lol

I tried being creative with the text like placing it on the stadium or the field or hanging from the wires. But ugh t'was difficult. Like this will do. Razz

41 Re: Follandan Showcase on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:23 pm

Jack

I like it. Razz If you have the time maybe you should host the simlympics.

42 Re: Follandan Showcase on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:54 pm

LOL Jack Razz

I like that Razz

43 Re: Follandan Showcase on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Or perhaps the next Adonian Summer Games? It looks pretty good Razz

View user profile

44 Re: Follandan Showcase on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:40 pm

naaah Simlympics is best choice, because of the churn out of PAS sign ups for the games here x3 Still maybe these games as well though

View user profile

45 Re: Follandan Showcase on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:24 pm

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
I don't actually have a fancy complex, but what's seen is the bulk of it. Farther off to the right is the Baseball stadium and then that's it. Although i downloaded a Swim Arena, so i need to find a place for that.

46 Re: Follandan Showcase on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:23 am

Well a suitable place for it is beside the main stadium, as with the other Simlympics/Olympics Razz

47 Re: Follandan Showcase on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:59 am

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) CARL! Y U AANG NOW?

48 Re: Follandan Showcase on Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Qorten

Member (Ami Confederation)
I like it all a lot!

View user profile

49 Re: Follandan Showcase on Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:41 am

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
Follvirkeland Showcase| War in Malo 2

- -
- -

Early the next day after Follvirkeland forces arrived in Malo, Operation Desert Mace sprang into Phase 2. The Militants had been using an old Airstrip that had been left over from the Great Adonian War for their own purposes. This Airstrip will prove vital for Follvirkeland to be able to transport more resources into the area efficiently.

Elements of the 63rd Infantry were already en route to the base as the sun began to climb high. Satellite imagery of the base showed supportive structures already existing. Command wondered what the militants were doing with the base, but that info will be found out in due time. Scans showed minimal resistance. Odd but lucky. the 63rd will have an easy time clearing it out.

Before the Infantry would land at the base, UT-37s would diliver strike packages on key targets within the base. An Ammunition dump and the main barracks. This preemptive strike would decimate the enemy force before troops on the ground were engaged.

The Air Force took pride in being Surgical with their ordinance.

Quickly following the Air Strikes, Ghosts arrived on scene to offload the Infantry. The 63rd created a perimeter around the base as Ghosts carrying Rangers of the 35th flew to the heart. The base's Control Tower. Take that and the Strip is captured.

As the barracks burned, the 35th begins their insertion by repelling down onto the tarmac just outside the Tower. Militants would be no match for Trained Rangers.

With Ghosts circling overhead and slight casualties, the Airstrip was secured. The F.N.S. Cathleen off the coast were given the all clear to send in additional backup to reinforce the base.

To make preparations to welcome the first of Follvirkeland's UT-130s.

Follvirkeland now has a strong presence in Malo.

Last edited by Michael-M on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:13 am; edited 2 times in total

50 Re: Follandan Showcase on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:15 am

Cool update.. and interesting storyline.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum