The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Follandan Showcase

+19
Agunter999
SimEmirate
Jon
Juls
Sotl
Chris
ForthWall
Sauberbmw
Willem
Fox
Qorten
Trevy
kj34
YingBlanc
Jack
Carl
Kurt
Daniel
Scotch Moen
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

151Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:32 am

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

Looks amazingly good, Mike! I wouldn't mind a little vacation in that little town.

152Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:35 am

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I'm loving your SC4 work!! And who knows, maybe you could rebuild Hinali!!

153Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:08 pm

SimEmirate

SimEmirate
Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)
Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)

Love the last two pictures!  Very Happy 

154Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:56 pm

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Beautiful work! I like it. Very Happy

155Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:26 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Building a new large city on a large tile takes a ton of effort, patience, and thinking. I'm busting my bum on sections of road here and there alone! This is probably why I always do small towns, they can be done within 2-5 hours. Big cities? I'm spending days, weeks on these suckers. I've already spent well over half a day on this new tile I've decided to start. Making my next big city! What it is, though, is just a random. I've called it Miketon as a placeholder, and it's on a region that isn't suitable for my CJ Union canon. So what do I do with it? Maybe it's just a for-fun project, or maybe I'll forget about the region it's on and just say it's in Folland. But for now, I'm building it, and it's nowhere near done, but I'll show off the progress.

Follandan Showcase - Page 7 1

Follandan Showcase - Page 7 2

As you can see I've gone all out with mass transit compared to my usual design. I've made extensive use of the MHW, creating a beltway around downtown and then branching it off west, east, and south into adjacent tiles. Also, included are four lines of Elevated Rail that run through, as well as the typical Bus system. I am not going to touch Subway with a nine inch pole.

Follandan Showcase - Page 7 3

Here I had to make due with a raise in terrain. I decided to be fancy with the avenue, and then I thought about putting something here for drivers to see as they go up and down the hill. Then boom, office space in a nook on the hillside. At the bottom is a small reservoir.

Follandan Showcase - Page 7 4

No big city is complete without a sports field. Baseball and Football/Soccer are covered, with ample parking.

Follandan Showcase - Page 7 5

Using a Japanese BAT for the city's main Primary/High school for the inner city.

Follandan Showcase - Page 7 6

Follandan Showcase - Page 7 7

The city's convention center, always a must to have. Easy access to the freeway and rail.

Follandan Showcase - Page 7 9

And the hospital, it was the first thing I built on the tile. Again easy access to the freeway and rail system there's also a park for people to relax at. Might have gone overkill with the garage. But I'm just absolutely loving the dense urban look this is taking on. The presence of the Elevated Rail is only making the city look that much better and I can't wait to see it in use when everything is developed.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

156Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:58 am

Carl

Carl

I love it! Very Happy

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

157Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:22 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Hello again. 

Miketon had a growth spurt. It was messy, teeny bit gross and icky but just like everyone's horrible adolescent years the city is starting to steadily grow into itself. Quick note, my highways and elevated railways were successful!

Follandan Showcase - Page 7 1

Follandan Showcase - Page 7 2

Obviously, tons of Maxis. Most times its not a bad thing. Buuuut...

Follandan Showcase - Page 7 3

North.

Follandan Showcase - Page 7 4

East.

Follandan Showcase - Page 7 5

South. I love this part more so, just cause of the highway winding up the hillside.

Follandan Showcase - Page 7 6

West.

Follandan Showcase - Page 7 7

The city center where the highway T's west, east and south.

Follandan Showcase - Page 7 8

I love the clustered look to this. The overpasses, the railway. Not showing the trains yet, I forgot I didn't have a skin plugin for it, Maxis ones are fugly.

Follandan Showcase - Page 7 9

And the city Hospital, currently charging 5,500 patients up the bum for healthcare cause this is a capitalist city.

158Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:47 am

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Nice work!

159Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:58 am

Carl

Carl

That's amazing work! You work a lot faster than I do Razz

160Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:02 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

You have a lot more effort to use cause of your specialty cities. Once i get the transit in place, i just zone and go. Razz

161Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:10 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

That looks fantastic... Maxis repetition is a shame, but despite it, it still looks amazing!

162Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:18 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Love it, but I still hate those overpasses. Razz

163Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Mon May 05, 2014 12:12 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Fly_the_colors_by_dehyan-d7h8jl3

Who want's some Tank?

164Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Mon May 05, 2014 12:37 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

wants* and not thanks Razz that looks like a bad garden decoration hahaha
though in a battlefield it might be quite deadly Wink

165Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Mon May 05, 2014 12:47 pm

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)

and, how much are these tanks Razz

166Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Mon May 05, 2014 9:36 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Unit cost for a Type-7A3 Variant Monnard MBT costs $7.52 Million Sents.

167Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Mon May 05, 2014 11:04 pm

Carl

Carl

Okaiken already has Monnards Razz

168Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Tue May 06, 2014 1:51 am

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

It takes so long to load. Razz

Looks as though it's stuck in that garden, though.

Nice work anyway.

169Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Tue May 06, 2014 4:40 am

Agunter999

Mik Moen wrote:Unit cost for a Type-7A3 Variant Monnard MBT costs $7.52 Million Sents.

I ask because Kallvarde is looking for a new MBT (I would prefer a Kallvard made one any ideas? (I already claimed Croatian one for berg Razz))

170Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Tue May 06, 2014 10:58 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

If Kallvarde is a nation that would buy their tanks second hand instead of spending the money and time on developing their own then I'd assume they'd purchase tanks from Relastova. So basically T-55, T-72, T-90 ect.

171Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Tue May 06, 2014 11:34 am

Agunter999

Kallvarde is the nation that tends to build its own the problem is that I don't know what rl ones to use

172Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Tue May 06, 2014 11:41 am

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

152mm SpGH DANA and Pandur II

173Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Tue May 06, 2014 12:46 pm

Agunter999

Yeh, I do use the DANA but it isn't a tank and Pandur II is a Kallvard one, it is Bergen Razz

174Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Tue May 06, 2014 3:26 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

Yeah, but since you have a military alliance with Berg, you would possibly have acquired them when Berg was still stable some years ago.

175Follandan Showcase - Page 7 Empty Re: Follandan Showcase Tue May 06, 2014 3:44 pm

Agunter999

yeh that is true, but still an actual tank would be nice Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum