The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron

+2
Scotch Moen
Chris
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:36 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Hello. I'm here today to explain the idea of adding more land to the country of Mitron. Now before you say no, and before you see the map, let me tell you a few reasons why this should get passed.

a) It does not effect any current borders. All changes occurring are within the boundaries of what may be considered Mitron's "sphere of influence". All changes are occurring in Le Bae De Pioneers (Pioneers' Bay), or at the mouth of the bay.
b) Mitron is already a puny country. Generous, generous estimates currently put it at ~200,000 square km (~77,000 square miles). These new additions would not put it even above ~300,000 square km (~115,000 square miles). My former country was well past 550,000 square km (212,000 square miles). As Mike said in my app, he thought it nice I was taking a smaller country. This still makes me plenty weaker than I was before, plus I'm locked in a bay and landlocked everywhere else. No real power gain.
c) This will help me make a more interesting history. This way, I can spend more time expanding out my timeline and creating  more time spent settling the land. This is very important to me, as it enables Mitron to not be settled overnight.
d) The added land won't turn into metropolitan areas that will increase my population, wealth, power, etc. Most of it is farmland anyways. Outside of my metropolitan areas, there isn't a lot of highly populated, highly developed areas.
e) When I reapplied, and I claimed Lansay, I actually decreased much of the coastline. Even though Jonota Island was added, in my opinion it is still smaller than it was before. This would, in my eyes, be putting this country back to the level of power it was before, even though that level of power was little.
e) The GAW action can greatly increase with this. If the Invasion of Jonota is agreed upon, we can spend much more time in western Euphemia defending the island against invasion. Much more "interesting" RP can be created with this addition, not just with the GAW but with my own national history, as stated in c.

Now, to the actual proposal. Please read this before looking at the map, although I'm sure you most likely have looked at it by now. I would like to attempt to persuade you before you look at the map and scream various obscenities such as, "Unrealistic!" "Ugly!" "Bleh!" There are 3 main parts, really, to this proposal.
1) Jonota Island is more than doubling in size. Realize, that this will help my history, because there will be more time spent colonizing Jonota before colonizing Osatta Island & mainland Mitron. Also, I'm sure Jack will help me pretty this up; I merely did this in paint to get the point across. I realize that shape may change, but I like having a bigger Jonota.
2) Alcantara increases in size. Alcantara is a state in southern Mitron, along the Follandan border. It's northern border is right about where that inlet ends, near the south of Mitron.  The peninsula greatly expands; however, it expands into what was already, arguably, Mitronan waters in Le Bae de Pioneers. This allows more mainland exploration in the history of Mitron.
3) The third part is merely several small, unnoticable changes to coastlines, giving me slightly more land. Nothing really to get worried about.

Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Land_increase_proposal

Thank you for your time. I ask you to yourself these 2 questions.
> Is anything really, legitimately wrong with this proposal? Does it infringe upon any rules set up against land changes?
> If this proposal increases the level of enjoyment a member gets from being in the union of the United Sovereign Nations of the World, and there are no legal issues with it, then why should I reject it?

I just ask you to look in the kindness of your hearts, and to remember that we are all in this union for the fun of it.

Last edited by Chris on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Re: Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:47 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I love how you're being so sincere/pleading about this proposal. Razz

At first I was skeptical cause my brain immediately thought, "OH NU HE'S 'A TAKIN MAH LAND" but i then noticed no, you weren't when I referenced this with the current map. Basically you've made your island bigger, and you've extended the peninsula out more. Nothing infringing on anyone else and, actually, it makes the coastline look better.

I don't see anything wrong here.

One question though, why is Alcantara separate from the rest of Mitron proper? Any significance?

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

3Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Re: Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:54 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I just updated the map. Majhost doesn't like updating pictures unless I change their name. That may or may not clear things up for you. Smile

Actually, Alcantara is part of Mitron proper, if I'm understanding what you mean by 'proper' (Like the term Continental USA?) It's the southernmost state. So still within Mitron. We're too weak to really have any overseas territories, or territories outside our immediate sphere of influence.

But, if I'm misunderstanding your question, and I think I may be, then you're asking why it's so farseparated by the inlet, right? Well, I have no answer to that question. xD I was hoping to work into it some Spanish (Insulonian) history. Perhaps like the U.S. and Spanish Florida. Nothing complete with that or anything. Just an idea.

So to answer your question; no real significance, yet. :p

4Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Re: Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:40 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

As I have mentioned in Skype, I have no problems with this; no land is being added or taken from anyone, which would be anyone else's concern.

5Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Re: Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:48 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

I will accept a change to Jonota Island, but modifying that mainland is so unnecessary. Also, can you tell me that this will be your final request to modify the land that you applied to this Union and were accepted with?

6Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Re: Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:59 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

What's the issue with modifying it in the future?

7Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Re: Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:13 am

Jack

Jack

I want you to make a final choice for your location that you are happy with. Razz So pick something that you are happy with and stick with it, please.

8Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Re: Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:12 am

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

Alcantara means poop drain Razz 

http://www.usnw.net

9Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Re: Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:50 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

What I basically tried to ask was why does Alcantara have a border? If it's within Mitron it shouldn't have a border with it. Unless it's supposed to be a state border but then you only have two mainland states?

And I agree with Jack, you should make sure this proposal is your final one, at least for quite a while. We can keep changing the map or else we lose stability in the lore.

10Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Re: Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:11 am

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

@Jack: I guess we can say no land changes until x date, OK? I'd be happy with this land change.

@Mike: There are 4 mainland states. I just meant that it was the state border. http://www.majhost.com/gallery/uninja12/Maps/mitron_state_map.png

11Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Re: Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:56 pm

Jack

Jack

No, not until x date. Razz You have to pick something you are happy with and stick with it. It can be considered spamming if you keep on submitting repetitive requests. Please make this your final modification.

12Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Re: Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

All right Jack, seems I have no other choice. I really haven't done much, considering my only other proposals have been to move Mitron, but I'll submit to that.

Shall we all vote then?

13Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Re: Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:41 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

We just need confirmation from you Chris that this proposal is your final decision. After this, this will be the Mitron you have for a while.

14Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Re: Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:16 pm

Jack

Jack

Before I put it to vote, I also want to make a final map of your request. Razz A more detailed one.

15Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Re: Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:53 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Well, pm me I guess Jack. Razz

16Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Re: Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:04 pm

Jack

Jack

I touched it up and made Jonota big and ugly like you wanted. D: Is this good? Razz

17Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Re: Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:34 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Thanks for Jonota, but did you remember the mainland additions and the small "aesthetic" changes? Razz

We can Skype if necessary.

18Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Re: Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:23 pm

Jack

Jack

Jack wrote:I will accept a change to Jonota Island, but modifying that mainland is so unnecessary.
I didn't add them on there on purpose. Razz

19Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Re: Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:51 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Jack. -__- Let's talk.

20Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Re: Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:19 am

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

I guess it looks okay, but I agree about the constant changes.

and LOL Agus. Razz

21Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Empty Re: Proposal | Land Addition to Mitron Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:25 am

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I already consider this as canon, on my wiki it's canon and in my mind it is. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum