The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

[OLD] Invasion of Miensburg executions, and Civil war in Bergenstein

+8
Willem
Carl
Scotch Moen
SimEmirate
ForthWall
Daniel
Agunter999
Chris
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I think that without the bombing this is a perfectly legit RP. In all honesty, me & Dan are peacekeeping troops being sent in as Miensburg is breaking international law. They are practically in civil war and we were simply trying to save lives. I think if we move the background farther back to slow things down it is just fine.

Carl

Carl

Okaiken would like to condemn the actions of the Meinsberg State.

Evacuation Ordered on all Sanese Citizens in Bergenstein due to civil unrest and persecution.

All Bergenstein Assets in Okaiken will be seized or frozen due to the conflict.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Carl

Carl

Just put some evac orders and sanctions/frozen assets Razz

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I want war! Lol

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)

Yey the bombing took it too far, but otherwise it is still realistic for a weak state. So a peace keeping mission would be logical. Basically syria but with forgien intervwntion

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

But why would a Euphemian nation give a damn? I'd expect it'd be a Althenan neighbour.

Agunter999

It was because it was against the charter, it certainly makes sense if you invaded aswell

Carl

Carl

It is against the charter, but instead of invasion he could have applied the nation in the court.

Agunter999

Hummm maybe

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

You need to think of Political Ramifications. Yeah, we're young adults/teens who don't really give much of a damn but in the real world of politics and leadership, governments wouldn't just sit by as any country would suddenly send in their military to someone elses city cause there's internal strife. Look at Egypt right now, you don't see Americans going in on a peacekeeping mission.

Since the military of Bergenstein hasn't extended out of its borders, and hasn't really targeted foreign USNW citizens/officials, then there's no Political justification for a Foreign military intervention. If there still is an intervention then that country(s) would risk fallout from their decision and may end up with a court case, or events spiraling out of control which would lead to the War agunter wants. Razz

Also Will I agree, I wouldn't see a Euphemian Nation giving that much of a damn right now, what with being on the other side of the world and the E.B. would care more for it's own interests and not of Bergenstein's.

Woo, I wrote a lot.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Matinenda will stay cautious, and do what it can to avoid violence.

Shayden will stay uninvolved due to Bergenstein's persistence beforehand.

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

Why is Bergenstein at war with Grand? D:

Acadia declares neutrality.

Valessia declares neutrality.

Daniel

Daniel

MikeVM wrote:Since the military of Bergenstein hasn't extended out of its borders, and hasn't really targeted foreign USNW citizens/officials, then there's no Political justification for a Foreign military intervention.
Although I agree with the rest of your post, pretty much the only reason why Grand got militarily involved in this in the first place is because they specifically targeted the Margrave of Miensburg while he was in the country, and took him as a hostage (the Margrave of Miensburg is a title of the King of Grand, by the way). Of course, this may all turn out as alt-roleplay, so... Razz

Agunter999

So how much of this are we actually going to remove

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Like uh... Most of it hopefully.

Agunter999

Exactly how much, are IFK going invade or are we going to cut out all of the invasion stuff. The Coup d'état should stay though

Carl

Carl

What you said is what you said...

Agunter999

It not me who wants this stuff removed as long as is stays real not alt I don't mind

Jack

Jack

Well, I believe it is your decision, as you control Bergenstein.  So this is legitimate, but very confusing. Razz

Daniel

Daniel

Most of this shouldn't be legitimate, in my opinion - I mean, all-out war in response to a peacekeeping mission? Carpet-bombing what is basically the USNW capital, in the middle of an international sporting competition? Srsly? Razz

Jack

Jack

I know. Razz It doesn't make sense, but it is up to who RP'd it, which is Agunter in this case.  This is certainly causing problems.

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

War....war never changes Dan...

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

Daniel

Daniel

But how did Bergen aircraft even get to Grand so quickly? They'd have to be in the air heading towards Grand before Bergenstein declared war... also, Abbasid declared neutrality (and had previously disarmed the Mitronian base in their country to enforce that), so why didn't they do that for Bergenstein? Razz

Also, he didn't even ask me (out of character) before going out to bomb Francistown - we were discussing the pros and cons of naval combat, not aerial. Wink

Agunter999

Sorry dan but I wanted to suprise you also we are closer to Abassid than you that is why they let us.

Jack

Jack

If Francistown was bombed, wouldn't most of us be dead or injured, as that is where all our ambassadors work? Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum