The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fallout: Adonia

+6
ForthWall
Carl
Jack
Sauberbmw
Kurt
Daniel
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

26Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Michael kept quite at the sight of all the Human remains just right outside the vault door. It's like he just stepped through the gates of Hell itself. He winced at the sight and smell and tried not to step on any of them. When Jackson offered us to buddy up, (most likely because of my armament), I agreed, and slung it around to my front and put my hand on the grip, pulling back the charging handle to chamber the first round.

When Pip ran out ahead I wanted to stop her, but Ryan had already charged after. I fell back into my silent supportive role until they both stopped in their tracks at what was blocking our path, and I stood there like a stone. Then hell broke loose as the insects jumped at us. One jumped on Pip who yanked it off, grabbing the thing at arms length as it hissed. I clicked the safety off and readied my rifle, my voice suddenly finding it's way out.

Get down!

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

27Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:10 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

I pull out my knife and prepared for a giant bug to jump onto my face. I know it would be too dangerous to shoot them with all of us running around and panicking, so I do not pull out my gun. I hear Mike yell and I crouch down.

28Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:20 pm

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

THIS IS NOT GOOD *runs into the crowd aimlessly shooting*

29Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:19 am

Daniel

Daniel

Pip van Buren grunted in pain and dropped the mutant roach as one of Suano's randomly-fired shots hit her in the shin, causing her to drop to one knee. She pulled out her own pistol and fired twice on the bug nearest to her. It died with a final hiss and a flutter of its wings, trying to get back on its feet. She responded by quickly training her weapon on the other insects.

Pip van Buren: Grrr...Suano! Stop shooting without aiming, or you're going to kill us all! Or run out of ammo! Or worse, do both!

30Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:32 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Michael holds his fire as people still continue to run about. He tries to find clear lanes of fire and squeezes the trigger with single shot bursts. The insects might be deadly but definitely aren't invincible. They splatter with yellow and green fluid from the bullets and drop where they are. When the immediate area of bugs are cleared, Michael moves up to Pip and kneels next to her, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Michael: Hey, you okay? You're bleeding.

31Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:05 am

Daniel

Daniel

Pip van Buren: Yeah...just give me a moment to bandage my leg...I should be fine for now. We'd better get out of here quickly though, as we have over two thousand other Vault-dwellers behind us ready to leave this place as well. *calls out loudly* ANYONE HERE HAVE SOMETHING I CAN BANDAGE MY LEG WITH?

---

Confronted with gunshots from Suano, Pip, and Michael Moen mowing them down, and seeing many of their brethren being gutted or sliced in half by James and Jackson's knifework, the remaining radioactive roaches flee into the darkness. Up ahead, you can see what seems to be the end of the Vault exit tunnel, a large iron grate covering part of it. Several more skeletons are bunched around it - as well as one body with bits of decomposing flesh hanging off of the bony frame. Apparently, there may still be human life out there after all.

32Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:26 pm

Jack

Jack

I see that Pip van Buren is bleeding and I take out my first aid kit. We're not even out of the tunnel and someone is already hurt. Great.

I see the gates and the somewhat fresh bodies. I'm surprised, but anxious to see what's outside.

33Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:32 pm

Daniel

Daniel

As you pass the grate, the skeletons, and the rotting body, you see that you have now emerged into a tunnel once belonging to a coal mine. A set of railway tracks extend as far as you can see in either direction, and a single coal cart rests on them nearby. Looking to one side, the brightly-lit passage extends deeper underground, while you can see what seems to be daylight streaming from the end of the tunnel in the other direction.

34Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:55 pm

Jack

Jack

I see light at the end of the tunnel. I have never seen natural light and don't know what to expect.

Are we supposed to take the cart, Daniel? Razz

35Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:32 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I help Pip steady herself as she's bandaged and then give her some leverage to stand, holding onto my shoulder. A warm feeling passes over me, helping a girl out and all. However the situation and setting hasn't faded from my senses just yet and my rifle remains held in my other hand, magazine about a third empty.

We follow the other up to the coal mine and stop, scanning over the branching tunnels.

Michael: Well...not out of the woods just yet I guess.

Michael then suggests using the tunnel that leads uphill, instead of down.

36Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:18 am

Daniel

Daniel

Pip van Buren: I am kind of curious...what would happen if we went down instead of up?

37Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:45 am

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

*James Hook looks around, with blood on his trench-coat from the things they fought earlier. He remains silent.*

38Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:45 am

Jack

Jack

Well, based on my knowledge, we are in a mountain—since this is a coal mine. Going down will lead us to some water. Going up will probably bring us to the top of the mountain. Maybe since we can see light up top, we can go look around, then come back and go through the lit tunnel?

39Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:41 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Pip van Buren: I think Jack's plan sounds like a pretty good one to me. I'd want to at least feel the sunlight for the first time before we go back into the tunnel.

40Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:28 pm

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

I siggest we split into two teams, one will head outside the other down the tunnel, I personally want to go outside

41Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:29 pm

Carl

Carl

Sanders Remains quiet and yet...

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYY JENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKINS!

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

42Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:26 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Pip van Buren: Okay, whoever raises their hand will be on the 'going down team', and the rest will go up first. Who wants to see where the tunnel goes before heading out?

43Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:45 pm

Jack

Jack

I would like to go up first, but I don't think it would be wise for us to split up.

44Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:21 pm

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Ryan Tate: Looking around at the group as they debate as to where they should head first, I quietly slip away heading for the surface. Let them debate amoungst themselves while I get the first taste of Sunlight. As I neared the cave entrance, The intensity of the light grew and grew, the dampness of the cave began to let up as warmth and dryness took over. His detector beeped a few times, indicating radiation levels but nothing to serious. As I continued towards the entrance, I though to myself What will i see, what will i feel, Will it be a wasteland like my great grandfather described? will there be greenery? Would I see a city or just rubble? So many questions filled my head as I took the last few steps towards the entrance. I was scared, yet excited at the sametime to see what was out there. I couldn't believe my eyes as I entered the opening and looked upon the land.........

45Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:15 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Michael: I'll help you up to the surface. I don't think you should be walking on your own for a while.

Michael kept Pip on his arm and steadily walked her up the path toward what seemed to be daylight. The climb was more tedious with a second person to help but eventually ended facing the back of another who he guessed decided to run off ahead. He swore if everyone continued to act gung ho they won't last long enough to really enjoy this moment.

They made it up to Mr. Tate and stood next to him as they stared out at the immediate landscape. Michael put his hands up above his eyes to help shade him from the sunlight as he just stared, speechless.

46Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:51 pm

Jack

Jack

Just so you know what you are looking at, you are on a high mountain ridge near the Etrus Mountains. From there, you can see the city of Charles on the river not to far away. Further down the river is a large lake; the same lake that Troy is on. Behind you would be forests. But since it was nuked, you can't expect all of that to still be there. Razz

I continued with the others up to see the sunlight. I tried to keep calm, but I could not help how anxious I was to get to the top. The few in front of me stopped abruptly. I reached the light and looked around.

47Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:47 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

My eyes scanned the area, dusty brown, dead trees in places, the sun was filtering through the clouds. From the map of the world this area should have been more "lush" than it looked. My eyes then centered on what was obviously a spherical area of burnt land, like all life had been sucked from it. Ruins surrounded the flattened circle, with a lake surrounding that. My years of studying maps came to me.

Michael:That's Troy, isn't it? What's left of it.

48Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:33 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Pip van Buren: *limps outside* I thought it would look... greener. More beautiful. Not like this.

---

Pip van Buren points at a small series of flickering lights in the distance, near some burned-out buildings.

---

What do you suppose... that is?

49Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:59 am

Jack

Jack

Yay, a destroyed version of Troy! How do I jump back into this? It's been so long. I don't even remember my character. Can we get a recap? Very Happy

Wow, it just seems so...dark. Are those lights I see down there? I'm obviously just tired.

50Fallout: Adonia - Page 2 Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:10 am

Daniel

Daniel

Recap:

After over two centuries of operation, shielding its inhabitants and their descendants from the world outside, Vault Forty-Two finally opened on March 22nd, 2225. Vault resident Ryan Tate was the first to exit the shelter into the dim, skeleton-littered entry tunnel.

The Vault Dwellers hadn't gotten far when they encountered the first signs that life still existed outside their little world - hostile, mutant cockroaches swollen to the size of cats. A scuffle broke out, in which Suano "Sam" Sotona accidentally shot fellow Dweller and PIP-MiCo technician Pip van Buren in the leg.

After driving the radioactive roaches off, the first Dwellers reached the exit from the coal tunnel the Vault opened into, finding more skeletons along the way - as well as one human body in an advanced state of decomposition, bringing up the possibility of there being other human life still out there.

Exiting the tunnel, they looked out over the blighted landscape. What little sunlight that was illuminating the area filtered through gaps in the filthy-looking clouds overhead. Some distance away, Jackson Hook saw a river, and what seemed to be the ruins of a city (a marker appeared on everyones' PIP-MiCo maps at this stage, marking the place they emerged from as "Andrew's Ridge Mine", and the city in the distance as "Charles Ruins"). Further down, the river ran into a large lake. Next to it sat another ruined city, with a massive, scorched circle at its center. At one end of the lake stood a massive hydroelectric dam, beyond which the river fell back to ordinary levels. Although it was too far away for the PIP-MiCos to categorize, Michael Moen surmised the city next to the dam to be the ruins of Troy.

As they stood staring, Pip noticed a small cluster of burned-looking, yet still standing, buildings not too far away - and around them, a series of bright, flickering lights! What could this possibly mean...

Character recaps can be found here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum