The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fallout: Adonia

+6
ForthWall
Carl
Jack
Sauberbmw
Kurt
Daniel
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 14]

1Fallout: Adonia Empty Fallout: Adonia Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:21 pm

Daniel

Daniel

War. War never changes.

Two hundred years ago, there came an era when the ideals of unity, camaraderie, and a better world for all were swallowed up by greed, selfishness, paranoia, and a dreadful emnity between nations across the globe. Lands took up arms against their neighbors. Within the span of just a few years, a second Great Adonian War broke out. Powerless to stop the military buildup, the United Sovereign Nations all but dissolved.

The end of civilization occurred much as people had predicted - the world was plunged into an abyss of shadow and flame. In two brief hours, it was over. Adonia was nearly wiped clean of life. A great cleansing; a magical spark struck by human hands quickly raged out of control. Nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons rained from the skies, as well as others of greater and more terrible power. Entire lands were swallowed in flames, and many fell beneath the boiling oceans. Mankind was almost extinguished, their tortured voices becoming part of the ambient radiation that blanketed the landscape. A quiet darkness fell across the world...

...but it was not, as some had predicted, the end of the world.

Instead, the apocalypse was simply the prologue for another bloody chapter in our history - for although man had succeeded in destroying the world above, the war continued. War never changes.

In the early days, hundreds of thousands were spared the horrors of the holocaust by taking refuge in enormous underground shelters, known as Vaults, built across the globe to shield people from the storm of radiation above. Some offered salvation. Others became nightmarish deathtraps. When those who remained emerged, they had only the hell of the blasted, blighted wastes to greet them. Through the struggles and labors of the survivors and their descendants, new societies were built, new villages were established, new tribes were formed...and entirely new civilizations began to rise from the ashes of the old.

Seven generations ago, your families were among the lucky few to make it into Vault Forty-Two. Seven generations ago, the Vault's giant steel doors swung shut, never to re-open. Seven generations have lived without ever knowing of the outside world. But now, the Vault Council has deemed the time right for you all to leave. To find out what has become of the world above. To breathe the outside air...at last.

Fallout: Adonia

2Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:20 am

Daniel

Daniel

Character Creation Form

Name (surname included): Your character has one of these, right?
Personality: What does your character act like?
Appearance: Your character looks like something, right?
Vault Occupation: What you worked as while living in the Vault.
Skills: What is your character good at? A character should have at least six skills that they EXCEL at. Stealth, firearms, demolitions, repair, engineering, hacking, lock-picking, melee combat, tracking, bartering, entertaining, swaying others, getting shot full of holes, and more! So many options to choose...what will you pick? You have six skill points to start with.
Equipment: You are all equipped with:

• A standard-issue Vault jumpsuit
  • Your very own GPS-equipped Personal Information Processor Miniature Computer (PIP-MiC)
  • Protective eyewear
  • A 10mm pistol with 12 bullets inside
  • Enough bullets to reload your gun three times
  • A small satchel to carry everything in.

You can also take three other items of your choice, but don't go overboard and try to take the Vault mainframe computer or something with you. That's just ridiculous. Razz

Wasteland Character Creation Form

Name (surname included): As above.
Personality: As above.
Appearance: As above.
Allegiance: To which side of the conflict do you belong?
Skills: 
Equipment: You are all equipped with:

• Clothes befitting your occupation
  • Two implements useful to your occupation
  • A fully-loaded firearm of your choice
  • Enough bullets to reload your firearm three times (two times if it's a two-handed firearm, or once if it's a larger firearm)
  • A bag or backpack to carry things in.

You can also take up to four other items of your choice, but as above, please stay realistic. Razz

Characters

Kurt:
Sauberbmw:
Jack:
Carl:
ForthWall:
MikeVM:
Daniel:
Agunter999:
RepublicMaster:
stanislavsoltys:

VAULT FORTY-TWO INTERCOM: You will all be exiting Vault Forty-Two in short order. Please line up in an orderly fashion next to the gate and give your name and information to to Gatekeeper Willie at the front desk, whereupon he will issue you with the equipment necessary to emerge into the great outdoors. Respect your fellow man, and remember to follow the three rules for leaving the Vault:

1. Use your protective eye wear - a lifetime of living in the Vault can make the eyes sensitive to natural sunlight. Without protective eye wear, EXTREME eye damage could result!
  2. No pushing or shoving - you will all get your turn to leave in due time.
  3. Most importantly, do not abandon your fellow Vault dwellers in the face of peril - they will be all that you have.

May luck be with us all as we enter this brave new world!

Gatekeeper Willie: Okay, so who'll be the first to step up?

Last edited by Daniel on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:50 pm; edited 18 times in total

3Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:24 am

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Name (surname included): James Hook
Personality: Doesn't talk much, more of a person of action.
Appearance: Wears a Trench-coat, goggles, and a mask over his head.
Skills: Stealth, Melee Attacks
Extra Items: Knife, Cleaning Alcohol, and Bandages

4Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:58 am

Daniel

Daniel

Gatekeeper Willie: Thank you, Mr. Hook. Like your trench coat, by the way. Is it a pre-war original? No, no, you don't need to answer, I can tell by the design. Well anyways, on you go to the line over there. Who's next?

5Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:56 pm

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Name (surname included): Ryan Tate
Personality: Witty, sarcastic, Highly intelligent.
Appearance: Tall, slender, semi-built always wears his engineering built with multitude of tools.
Skills: Mechanical skills (can fix anything sorta Razz ) sharpshooter, computers.
Extra Items: wrench, tools (screwdrivers, welding head, small oxycetelyn tank etc) and his beloved sniper rifle.

6Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Gatekeeper Willie: Nice to see you again, Ryan. Thanks for stopping by to fix my computer the other day; being a few decades old sure did a number on its health, so to speak. Can you imagine what it would be like if it was one of those ancient pre-war technological relics? Anyways, here's your pistol and protective eye wear - make sure to put it on right away, otherwise you're likely to go blind - and off you go! *pats Ryan on the back, then turns back to the waiting line* Next, please?

7Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:51 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

Name (surname included): Jackson Hook (Brother of James Hook)
Personality: Good with people but doesn't take crap from anyone. Usually smart when it is most needed. Hardened, tough guy; one of the guards.
Appearance: Somewhat tall, brown hair, fairly muscular. Never without his knife.
Vault Occupation: Guard/Security
Skills: Stealth [1], firearms [2], melee combat [3]
Equipment: Some common medical stuff, Swiss (Torshian?) Army Knife, Army-Issued Combat Knife, Flashlight

8Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:47 pm

Carl

Carl

Name (surname included): Michael Sanders
Personality: Likes KFC (Do we even have KFC in Adonia?). Very aggressive and very rough. Very aggressive speaker yet somehow is very quiet. Acts dumb but is actually smart when it comes to waeponry and the military. Likes to tease everyone and call people names but then it would be much easier to call people names than their First or last names. A very good listener and does not talk while a person is speaking.
Appearance: Athletic Build. Mohawk hair. Medium height with medium light brown skin. Always have a semi-automatic machine gun on his back.
Vault Occupation: idk, Colonel? Kitchen Duty but promoted to weaponry.
Skills: [1]Cooking Fried Chicken.
[2]Melee attacks, [3]firearms, [4]Stealth and [5]repairing
Equipment: A flashlight, his semi-auto machine gun, knife.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

9Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:10 pm

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

Name (surname included): Sunao (Sam) Sotona
Personality: Nervous, intelligent, somewhat anti-social.
Appearance: Wears a sweatshirt with a 1986 football team on it (so a long long time ago) and pants. Light Build, but around 6 ft.
Skills: Intelligence [1], Logic [2], Crafting[3]
Extra Items:

• Gas Mask
  • Google Glass sort of Gadget
  • Electric Tablet

Last edited by ForthWall on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:18 am; edited 5 times in total

10Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:03 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Name Michael Moen
Personality: Shy, cautious introvert. Not much of a team player, always did things by himself. His usual affinity to remain alone helped keep others from befriending him too much, thus furthering his loner status. When comfortable, he becomes somewhat social and funny, but has long lasting, deep trauma that sometimes makes him revert back to being serious, cautious, and untrusting at first glances.
Appearance: 6 feet tall, blond and slightly overweight with a large build. Many know him to have been of Folland descent but rumors spread that he's the descendant of Chancellor Moen, the leader of Folland during the war. Since the Vault is in what was known as Acadia, many hold inborn grudges against all Follandians. Thus, Michael keeps to himself. He himself does not fully know if the rumors are true or not. Having the same name as the old chancellor, though, doesn't help.
Vault Occupation: Supply Inventory. Helped make sure rationing went along smoothly during his time there. One time he slipped an extra candy bar out of the depot as an offering of friendship to a girl he liked. Didn't go too well. He was in the process of training as Vault Security.
Skills: (3)Reasoning. (1)Problem Solving. (2)Sharpshooting.
Equipment:
  • A standard-issue Vault jumpsuit
  • Your very own GPS-equipped Personal Information Processor Miniature Computer (PIP-MiCo)
  • Protective eyewear
  • A 10mm pistol with 12 bullets inside
  • Enough bullets to reload your gun three times
  • A small satchel to carry everything in.
  • An old/modified Shaydian M4 Carbine with a full 30 round mag
  • 4 M4 magazines
  • A filled drinking water pouch.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

11Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:29 am

Daniel

Daniel

Name: Pip van Buren
Personality: Miss van Buren is a smart woman, prone to witty remarks, which often cross into colorful language territory. She is incredibly curious, almost to a fault. Her curiosity has lead her to develop especial skills in hacking and lockpicking, which got her in trouble many a time when she was younger. She is very kind-hearted and has a strong idea of what, from her point of view, is right and wrong.
Appearance: With light brown hair and matching eyes, Pip is rather small for a Vault Forty-Two dweller; at only 5'1", she is one of the shortest - and arguably, one of the cutest - people of her age in the Vault. Being left-handed, she chooses to wear her PIP-MiCo on her right arm, and has custom-tailored one to fit her wrist in such a way. She doesn't care much about her appearance, and constantly insists on wearing her jumpsuit as is at all times.
Vault Occupation: PIP-MiCo Repair Technician
Skills: Computers 4, Lockpicking 2
Equipment:
  • Standard-issue Vault jumpsuit (currently wearing it)
  • Standard-issue Vault protective eye wear (currently wearing it)
  • Custom-tailored left-wrist-mounted PIP-MiCo 3 (currently wearing it)
  • 10mm pistol with 12 bullets inside
  • 36 extra 10mm bullets
  • Lockpicking tools (shhh! don't tell anyone...)
  • 203-year-old bottle of Wild Pegasus whiskey
  • Basic PIP-MiCo Maintenance Kit
  • Small satchel

12Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:57 am

Daniel

Daniel

Gatekeeper Willie: Jackson Hook. What a surprise! I'd have expected you to be leaving a little later, being part of the Vault Security and all. But then again, after seeing your brother just a few moments ago, I shouldn't be too surprised, should I? Here you go, your pistol...reloads...protective eye wear...I think that's everything. See you Outside later. Who'll be stepping up next?

*Michael Sanders steps up*

Hey, Mike! I hear you got promoted to Armorer a few days ago? Good for you. I'm going to miss your cooking once we get Outside, but then we can't have everything served to us on a silver platter now, can we? Here's your standard equipment, and remember to wear your protective eye wear. We don't want another Noodle Incident now, do we? That's a good fellow. *nods* Next?

*Sunao Sotona steps up*

Hello, Sam. I must say, that sweater is looking to be in pretty fine condition...you maintain it yourself? I'm impressed. Anyway, I won't keep you long, so here's your pistol, 10mm reloads, and your protective eye wear. Good luck when Outside! So, who's up next?

*Michael Moen steps up*

Ah...Michael Moen. Yes, we have the usual things right here. *hands Michael the gun, bullets, and special goggles* Off you go then. Next person?

*Pip van Buren steps up*

Miss van Buren, it's good to see you here. I was afraid you had gotten yourself "lost" on the reactor level again, or something of the sort; you and your curiosity. *shakes head slowly, chuckling* Only two extra items? That's odd - knowing you, I'd have expected you to have a few extra items poorly concealed somewhere; it doesn't look like you're doing that, though. Huh. *shakes head again, somewhat faster than before* Well anyways, here's your bullets, pistol, and protective goggles. Off you go now, and make sure to stay in line - it's in the rules. So...who's the next one?

13Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:05 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Michael couldn't help but notice the rather quickness of it when it was his turn. He shrugged it off, choosing not to care and loaded himself up. He slipped the magazines into his belt, made sure the safety on his rifle was on and slung it over his back, and holstered the sidearm.

Then began the walking in line.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

14Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:41 am

Daniel

Daniel

VAULT FORTY-TWO INTERCOM: Attention, Citizens of Vault Forty-Two: the Vault Door is now opening. For your own safety, please stay away from the door while it opens. Once it is entirely open, you will be free to leave. Have a nice day. This is the Vault Primary Overseer, signing off. It has been 74,663 days since the bombs fell. The date is March 22nd, 2225.

The massive 30-ton steel Vault Door slowly unlocks and begins rolling to the side, into a special niche made in the wall to hold it in the 'open' position. As it does so, your PIP-MiCos' Geiger counters light up and begin to click very slowly.

VAULT FORTY-TWO INTERCOM: Warning: radiation leak detected. Location: Vault Entrance. Intensity: 0.015625 rads per minute. Estimated time to total fatal exposure: 64000 minutes. Recommended response: immediate sealing of Vault Door.

Your PIP-MiCos' Active Mapping System tab flashes on the screen, automatically opening. On it, you can see several green dots, representing non-hostile Vault citizens near to you, and a rather large number of hostile red dots in the tunnel up ahead, which makes a right angle before heading to the surface. The entrance tunnel's lighting has not weathered well, and is barely lit as a result - preventing you from clearly seeing what kind of hostiles the red dots are. However, you can see many skeletons littering the ground around the tunnel entrance, some of them having broken hands, arms, legs, or feet in a last desperate attempt to force the Vault door open. They appear to have lain there for centuries, undisturbed until just a few moments ago.

Fallout: Adonia Day_1_-_vault_42_entrance

Last edited by Daniel on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

15Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:55 pm

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

I don't know what it was, or if I was the only one feeling it, but I could not wait to leave this place. To catch smell of the wind, To look upon open plains, hell, even see some animals grazing the land, I didn't care. As long as I don't stay another minute in this hell hole. As the vault doors opened, the stench was unbereable, skeletons as far as the eye could see littered the floor. On top of that, we detected hostiles down the tunnel. Cocking my gun, and turning the safety off, I prepared to leave the only world I've known and venture out into the unknown, perhapes never to return again.

16Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:02 pm

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

This is not good *grabs pistol shakingly while walking out*

17Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:11 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Pip van Buren: I'll go first! *pushes to the front and runs off down the tunnel, turning her PIP-MiCo's brightness settings to maximum so she can use it as an impromptu flashlight*

18Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:38 pm

Jack

Jack

I volunteer to take the lead since I have a flashlight. I invite Michael to walk alongside me since I notice he has a large gun. Being careful to avoid any skeletons, we continue through the tunnel.

19Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:46 pm

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Ryan Tate: oh dammit Pip! Hold up! *Runs after her trying to avoid several skeletons but inevietably steps on one, the cracking sound as the bones crushed echoeing off the walls and down the tunnel. The dim lit tunnel makes it harder to see her as she runs off.*

20Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:52 pm

Daniel

Daniel

You come across a large group of what seem to be some kind of insect. You recall reading about them in biology class, but none have been actually seen in the Vault since your grandparents were little children. These, however, are much bigger than the ones that were eradicated from the Vault generations ago - more or less cat-sized, brownish in color, and faintly glowing in the dim light, many of them skitter away in fear when you shine your flashlights at them. However, about half a dozen of them decide to hold their ground, hissing menacingly at you.

---

Pip van Buren: *suddenly comes to a stop at the bend in the tunnel* Ewwww! What are those things?

21Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

James watches them, trying to remember them from biology.

22Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:31 pm

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Ryan Tate: I don't know and I don't want to find out. We better keep moving! *Yells to the others to hurry up so that the vault door can be closed.*

23Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:53 pm

Daniel

Daniel

One of the giant insects hisses even more angrily as you approach, and one of them leaps suddenly onto Pip's head, scratching and clicking. Your PIP-MiCos' Geiger counters go up slightly as several more of them leap towards you, indicating that these creatures are faintly radioactive.

---

Pip van Buren: *pries the insect off of her face and holds it at arms' length with both hands* Disgusting. Do any of you have any idea what these are? From all appearances, these seem to be members of the Blattodea order, but I can't identify the variety. *stomps on another creature's back and turns around* If this is what it's like not two minutes out of the Vault, I'm not sure I want to see what it's like when we get outside-Outside...

24Fallout: Adonia Empty Split post Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:17 pm

Carl

Carl

Darn, I'm quiet Razz

Mike Sanders throws a piece of fried chicken towards somewhere away from the group.
Sanders: Don't tell anyone Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

25Fallout: Adonia Empty Re: Fallout: Adonia Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

One of the creatures jumps at James, but he manages to dodge the attack and stab it, unscathed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum