The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official Political Map of Adonia

+15
SimEmirate
Scotch Moen
Chris
Agunter999
alerules22
Chip
Daniel
ForthWall
Kurt
Trevy
Sauberbmw
Willem
kj34
Carl
Jack
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Official Political Map of Adonia Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:40 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

The new map is finally here, and this time, it's official! Very Happy There is a change in this map that we have not seen in the previous ones.  Member nations (and dependencies) are now underlined, not filled in with color.  That's pretty much it, except there's a PDF and a PNG; they're the same images, just the PDF is more complex. (And the PNG is about 2mb, while the PDF is about 19mb)

The PNG version:
PNG:

The PDF version:
PDF:

Fixed Issues:
  • Some minor name adjustments
  • Updated Mitron

• Known Issues:
  • Fix Folland/Fraesia border

• Questions, comments, and any requests can be posted below!

Last edited by Jack on Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:40 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated Version 28)

2Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Carl

Carl

Glued. Razz

Very Nice, detailed map Smile

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

3Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:58 pm

kj34

kj34
    Member (Paradise)
    Member (Paradise)

Awesome,10/10, if we had a rating system Razz

4Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:33 pm

Jack

Jack

Lol, thanks. Razz No issues?

5Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:15 pm

Carl

Carl

Nah

though you might check Llianpolii or something Razz

6Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:18 pm

Jack

Jack

Lol, sure! Smile Can you tell me where that is? Razz

7Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:57 am

Willem

Willem
    Member (Bruellen)
    Member (Bruellen)

Some of them names lol Razz

8Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Very Nice! I was expecting colour but still 10/10!

9Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:59 pm

Jack

Jack

Lol, I didn't create very many new names, but yes, some of them were very funny. Razz Color, sadly was no possible to create in this format, but thanks! Smile

10Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Trevy

Trevy
    Member (New Terrance)
    Member (New Terrance)

Just a few issues with Carreon. You forgot Oinaeos (Morsco), Venland, Bovina, Minonae, the Gulf of Txipala, and the Gulf of Uruvia.

11Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:03 pm

Jack

Jack

LOL Crap! I completely forgot to finish Carreon! XD Thank you for noticing that, Trevy.

12Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:20 am

Carl

Carl

LOL Jack Razz

13Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:30 am

Trevy

Trevy
    Member (New Terrance)
    Member (New Terrance)

No problem Razz . Also, I don't really like how the country border goes over the C in Carreon. It just seems like the borders are the way they are so that would not be an issue. Other than that cheers

14Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:31 pm

Jack

Jack

Oh, you're right, that does not look good. I will fix that, too! Smile

15Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:59 am

Jack

Jack

Updated: Version 24 in first post!

I also experimented with colors. Here is a sample for Euhpemia.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/110713785/colortest.pdf

It is still a vector (PDF), but it loses quality, raises the file size dramatically (this PDF alone's file size is already larger than the entire map), and will be a lot of work to change all the fonts and hunt for territories/dependencies. So, for now, member nations will still be underlined, not colored.

16Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:36 am

Carl

Carl

That's pretty good Smile, although your call for the colour.

I love the new map Very Happy

17Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:22 pm

Kurt

Kurt
    Admin (Shayden)
    Admin (Shayden)

I like the idea of coloring, but I feel you should create two types of maps. One with member nations colored, and the other with the Member name's underlined (the old version).

18Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:32 pm

Jack

Jack

I could do that, although the colored one's file size as a PDF would be huge, so I would have to save it as a PNG. (Illustrator doesn't like JPG's) The underlining way is much more efficient, but I will see what I can do.

And Kurt, get on Skype. Razz

19Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:39 pm

Willem

Willem
    Member (Bruellen)
    Member (Bruellen)

That looks amazing Jack Very Happy

What is wrong with a PNG? Razz

20Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:59 pm

Jack

Jack

Thanks. Razz And nothing is wrong with a PNG, it just lacks the complexity and detail of the PDF. What were you talking about?

21Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:28 pm

Willem

Willem
    Member (Bruellen)
    Member (Bruellen)

I was wondering why the colormap could not be a PNG. That's all Razz

22Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:32 pm

Jack

Jack

It actually does have to be a PNG if you want to be able to load it. Razz (As opposed to a PDF)

23Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:43 pm

Willem

Willem
    Member (Bruellen)
    Member (Bruellen)

I see Razz

24Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:43 pm

Trevy

Trevy
    Member (New Terrance)
    Member (New Terrance)

Carreon looks better, but you stil forgot Oinaeos(Morsco). Razz

25Official Political Map of Adonia Empty Re: Official Political Map of Adonia Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:32 pm

Jack

Jack

I purposely took that out. Razz It was unrealistic for a colonial dependency to remain there, same with the Posilliponian dependency in Euphemia that is in the process of being removed. After the GAW, Morsco's empire was gone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum