The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAW Reform Project

+13
alerules22
kj34
Chris
Kurt
Jon
Trevy
Daniel
Sauberbmw
ForthWall
Willem
Carl
Scotch Moen
Jack
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 17]

376GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:59 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

I agree with Mike.

So we're abandoning the first 24 pages? Razz Sorry I've been so absent on this project, so I'm not going to tell anyone what to do.

377GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

No, but if it's not big enough it may not instill the fear in the Okanese necessary. They could just say, "That's all they've got?"

378GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:51 pm

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

How about no bomb at all? Not until we work out the war, then we might need to see how to end the war to end all wars.

379GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:06 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

No bomb could be just as good, but then if there wasnt a bomb, then it may never have even been developed, and everyone today claiming their country is nuclear armed would be frauds. Razz

Besides have you even seen a nuclear explosion? Even a small yield warhead scares the fuq out of people.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

380GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:45 am

SimEmirate

SimEmirate
Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)
Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)

Chris wrote:No, but if it's not big enough it may not instill the fear in the Okanese necessary. They could just say, "That's all they've got?"

We've been over this, its Sanese.  Laughing

Anyway, I agree with Mike, there should be no bomb Razz

381GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:05 pm

Jack

Jack

We don't have to drop a bomb. Razz But the research still must've existed leading to the creation of nuclear weapons. So there was always a last resort during the war.

382GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:20 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

An invasion of Okaiken would've been just plain rough. And we seriously need islands in the Cilician.

383GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:51 pm

Carl

Carl

The lack of islands is quite advantageous for the invasion argument. I mean, the armies would not so probably spread out.

However, the placing of the cities in Okaiken (particularly the big 3 cities of Iban, Toyoshi and Okashi) are located in an inland sea, which makes the invasion tougher. It's tough, but doable and achievable.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

384GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:58 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

If there's no islands, then why would you expand east Carl? West is easier. The islands are why Japan went east. Their expansionist ideals even took them far west, but the islands are the only reason they went east.

385GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:47 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Okaiken went east with it's Navy toward the Kuykan Expanse. Those have a $censored$ ton of islands compared to the rest of the Cilician plus they had strategic value being close to the Mainland. I'll leave the true reasoning up to Carl.

So are we officially discussing the non-use of a bomb now? Knowing WW2 era armaments, Shayden would have just shelled Okaiken with a fleet of Battleships for weeks until it surrendered instead of going ashore with troops.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

386GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Yeah, but if the Okanese are as tough as the Japs were, no shelling would presumably scare them.

387GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:46 pm

Trevy

Trevy
Member (New Terrance)
Member (New Terrance)

Scare them? They were on the tail end of quitting the war anyway. Some would argue that that bombs did less damage to Japan then an US invasion would.

Seriously guys, the atomic bomb wasn't as "big" as you think it was. I mean don't get me wrong its a big bomb but in the grand scheme of things we could actually do without the bombs. Or at least just one bomb or a smaller bomb. Hell any bomb would scare someone, especially if dropped on a urban region.

388GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:50 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Well yes Trevy, but the bomb definitely made up their mind.

389GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:38 pm

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Chris wrote:Okanese

Who are they? It's Sanese for the fifteenth time.

We need to work from the start of the war, guys...

390GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:40 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

We need to look at the outcome too. I'm personally against a clear victory for either side.

391GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:56 pm

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

^

Me too.

392GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:36 am

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I would agree to victories achieved from the war (national technology, military, science, etc.). It could explain the Superpowers.

393GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:47 pm

Carl

Carl

I don't know, This is the point where Okaiken (Mitoyagi back then) forks away from Real Japan... hence the last blank area of the Okaiken wiki page. I think there could be several options into this, not just bomb Okaiken (remember that 1 month 1 week gap between the last bomb and the Showa Emperor's surrender message? That actually give us an idea that maybe the bomb was not the cause of the end of WW2 after all. After Japan lost Okinawa, the Japanese considered surrendering. Also, we can choose a treaty rather than surrendering, as that would make sense for the next phase of Okaiken's history, which is the Quiet Revolution and the current constitution.

394GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:39 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Well, it's very much a far away war with no real moral motivation for you Carl. You guys are thousands of miles away from home in Euphemia. Unless you guys are REALLY fanatical, even then it's hard to have the troops be die hards fighting for the land. Hence more islands, imo.

Sorry, that was kind of off topic. Razz

395GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:49 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Shayden and Okaiken arrange a treaty, causing years of friendship.

396GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:53 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Are we having a joint occupation? (Mitron, Shayden, Acadia, Folland, Kuyrut)

Also, how about a desert theatre in Abassid?

397GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:24 pm

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Occupation of what?

398GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:38 pm

Carl

Carl

I think he meant Okaiken Will Razz

399GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:42 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

An occupation of Okaiken.

400GAW Reform Project - Page 16 Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:25 pm

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Oh. Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum