The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAW Reform Project

+13
alerules22
kj34
Chris
Kurt
Jon
Trevy
Daniel
Sauberbmw
ForthWall
Willem
Carl
Scotch Moen
Jack
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 17]

1GAW Reform Project Empty GAW Reform Project Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

The GAW is a very cool and important part of Adonian history; but it is a little out of date and has some flaws. First, some over it doesn't make sense and just seems unrealistic. We need a more real approach. Second, some of the countries on there don't exist (New Friscia, Rhineland, Commonwealth of Shayden). Third, there are sooooo many red links on the wiki page, it drives me crazy.

I think we need to start fresh and make a more up-to-date version of the deadliest war in history.

This is the discussion thread. A final thread will be posted when we reach a conclusion.

So, Rhineland is gone. Never existed. We have a new Germany, Brullen. Here is a current map:

This will be the Germany. Razz

Also, Euphemia had hardly any participation. That needs to change, you all know Acadia. Very Happy Shayden, Folland, and Acadia probably joined at the same time, maybe when a friend was attacked. We'll figure it out.

So, let's discuss. Cool

Last edited by Jack on Mon May 06, 2013 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

2GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:45 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Folland was very isolationist in the first couple hundred years. We barely had an organized national militia and couldn't participate in international operations. The only instances of conflict were the border skirmishes when Imperial forces invaded Euphemia, and closed in on Folland's borders before Shayden or Acadia aided us in pushing them back.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

3GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:47 pm

Jack

Jack

Awesome. So can you expand on that and get more specific? Razz We're starting from scratch, remember.

4GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:13 pm

Carl

Carl

I think Okaiken is ready to become evil Devil

I think I could invade either a Folland Island or a Shayden one to start the war in the Eastern Portions of Althena.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

5GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Okaiken was an Imperialist? D:

6GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:21 pm

Carl

Carl

Well we are not going to be called "Imperial" if we weren't Imperialists Razz

7GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:11 pm

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

lol Carl

I will help with this project Very Happy

8GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:42 pm

Jack

Jack

Great, thanks Carl! I think an evil Okaiken is just what we need. Now we can have a plot. Okaiken and Brullen are allies. Brullen invades Trentannia, Trentannia becomes puppet state; Brullen invades Aelin, Aelin is annexed. Okaiken has a huge empire over in the east. They have increasing tensions with Euphemia and the navy over there is becoming a threat. They need to eliminate one of Shayden's key bases. Posillipo also has quite a large empire. They are being threatened by Brullen.

This sets the stage for the war.

The teams:

Regals Imperials
Posillipo Brullen
Shayden Fascist Trentannia
Acadia Okaiken

9GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:47 pm

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

Why are they called regals if only one actually has some sort of that Razz

10GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:53 pm

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Looks Good Smile

Brullen needs to takeover more land Razz

11GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:05 pm

Jack

Jack

Yeah, we will change that. Razz

And I know, Will. Razz I just listed the main players.

12GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:59 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Well it's better than calling them "Allies". Razz

Folland would follow suit with the rest of the Euphemians in the defense of the continent, thought as I said, not much Folland participation past it's own borders really. We wouldn't get a far reaching military until several decades later.

13GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:09 am

Jack

Jack

Now I must make a PDF map of this. That's like the 4th one today that I will have made. Very Happy

14GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:05 am

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Well Marqualis did send aid to the allies involved in the war though we had no direct conflict with the Axis. However, we did have a bit of a skirmish with Talagua and won the two islands North of Valium

15GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:43 pm

Daniel

Daniel

I liked the idea of Trentannia being a Big Bad State during the war...my national history and much of the history I crafted for the region (United Vassalies, etc) depends on it, not to mention my entire modern culture and much of my older culture. D:

Plus, Trentannia had to have had a British Empire-equivalent somehow. Razz

16GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:44 pm

Jack

Jack

I think Posillipo (even though it is France) plays the role of the big, powerful empire that the British Empire was. Trentannia plays the role of Fascist Itlay. Okaiken is the Japanese Empire. Razz

The only thing we're missing is a Soviet Union.

17GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:26 pm

Jack

Jack

Here is a map of what we've got so far. I think maybe the Polandrian Empire can be used as a Soviet Union-type-country. Brullen definitely needs some bigger competition. There is also the Birani Empire to the right of Trentannia. We could use this for something, too.

18GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

The Polandrium Imperium is more of a Gothic culture. Isn't Sukoyria or Prisharovia more of a Soviet Union equivalent?

19GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:19 pm

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

That map looks good Jack Very Happy Maybe Brullen could expand East to met someone?

20GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:52 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Jack3oh3 wrote:I think Posillipo (even though it is France) plays the role of the big, powerful empire that the British Empire was. Trentannia plays the role of Fascist Itlay. Okaiken is the Japanese Empire. Razz

I'm fine with that; the Posilliponian Empire plays just as important a role - if not more important - in my history and culture, after all. I just need Trentannia to have had a colonial sort of empire during the 14th-16th centuries at least, and for it to have attempted to restart it during the early- to mid-20th century (as Trentannia ruled Grand again for a decade prior to and during the GAW). Razz

21GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:26 pm

Jack

Jack

Mike: Polandrian area is like Eastern Europe/Slovak/Polish. Razz
Will: The empire is already huge, I'll go into more detail below.
Daneil: I'm glad it works out then. Smile

Now we have another map! This one of southwest Althena.

The Imperium Socjalistycznej Republiki Radzieckiej or the ISRR is our big, bad communist empire. Maybe Brullen will have some territory issues with them, and that could case a fight between the two. And when it is time for war, both the ISRR and Posillipo declare war on Brullen.

22GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

That would make for some hefty Naval battles and a few amphibious landings during the war. Always fun fun.

Also, wasn't Forgia and also Zebtesia part of Malo before or during the GAW? I think Dan might have mentioned they won independence after/because of the war.(?)

23GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:00 pm

Jack

Jack

Yeah, I think we can put you in charge of navy battles if you're okay with it. Cool And I think you're right. Razz It's fixed in this map:

I just lazily combined the two maps so we can better think of stuff. Razz So we just need to discuss ways that Brullen made the ISRR mad. Any ideas?

24GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:06 pm

Carl

Carl

LOL Jack, i think that's pretty good... Razz

I think we should focus here first then move on bit by bit towards the Cilician Portion of the War Razz

25GAW Reform Project Empty Re: GAW Reform Project Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:18 pm

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Well maybe Brullen could take that Island: Valessia or take places like Loftindor and Sameshira?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 17]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum