The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Insulo Official City Journal

+15
Scotch Moen
Kurt
kj34
Qorten
Fox
Carl
Chip
alerules22
Bruce
ForthWall
Will
androidboi
Kisa Atsuko
Daniel
Jon
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

51Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:21 am

Bruce

Bruce

Nice work with those modern "rowhouses" Razz

https://plus.google.com/111420842954473821448/

52Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:26 am

Love it Jon Smile Good job!

53Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:18 am

Daniel

Daniel

Impressive! I especially love the tunnel Smile Looking forward very much to the next update!

54Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:50 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

Special teaser for only here.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Purtomascteaser

55Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:02 pm

Daniel

Daniel

wow that is nice!!! Surprised Surprised Surprised

56Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:44 pm

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

It is a Real Image, it is just amazing, I am bad again Razz.

http://www.usnw.net

57Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:02 pm

Bruce

Bruce

So bright and beautiful...nice work, Jon.

https://plus.google.com/111420842954473821448/

58Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:24 pm

Very nice work, but I think you need more clothing and automobile industries in you nation. Very Happy

59Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Oh great, everybody is switching to the self-lotting thing and leaving me behind Neutral

Looks good though! Razz

60Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:46 am

Jon

Jon

Hello everyone, today we're going to go back to Insulo! The city we'll visit is one that has hardly got any mention before now, Purto Maculo in the far-eastern Basque-speaking region of Insulo.

Here is a map of Insulo, Purto Masculo is on the far right in white:

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Insulomapa

First we'll see some anchovy fishing boats out at sea near the city. The waters here are plentiful in seafood that plays a big role in the diet of the city.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Purtomasc4

Now we go to the border between the city and the beach. The beach here, called Hondartza Harrigarri, goes very far inland and is one of the most famous beaches in Insulo.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Purtomascteaser

A picture of the Lehoikumek neighborhood showing a canal that brings water to the city from a nearby river. The canal was once an important shipping route to inland towns, but with the advent of roads and railroads became largely recreational.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Purtomasc2

A wide boulevard near the main plaza of the city featuring numerous sculptures from a variety of time periods. Purto Masculo has long been a favorite location of artists of all kinds. Also shown are two cannons that once guarded Purto Masculo's strategic position between the Insulonian and Posillipan Kingdoms.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Purtomasc3

Finally we go even further back in the history of Insulo, here you see an ancient Insulonian temple. The temple itself is in ruin, but an urn inside that will soon be extracted to the national history museum is remarkably intact.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Purtomasc1

Hope you enjoyed this city, I put a lot of hard work into this and you can expect to visit it again.

-Jon

61Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:19 am

androidboi

androidboi

excellent work brahhh~

62Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:52 pm

Nice work Jon Smile

63Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:29 pm

Daniel

Daniel

FANTASTICO!

64Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:21 pm

alerules22

alerules22

Muy buen Trabajo, Monica I Desea pasar sus vacaciones ahi.

65Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:08 am

Jon

Jon

Hello everyone, we are again visiting the picturesque seaside, and mountainside, town of Purto Masculo.

Here is the map just for your reference, the city is on the far right in white:

To start this time we see the beginnings of a beautiful sunrise in the mountains outside the city as a sheepherder tends to his flock.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Purtomasc8

Now as the sun reaches it's full brightness we arrive in the small hamlet called Dedí along the winding road into the mountains.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Purtomasc5

Now we find our selves in the jumbled narrow streets where car traffic is banned for the safety of everyone, drivers and pedestrians alike. This particular neighborhood is called Lehoikumek, or Lion Cubs in the Basque language native to the region.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Purtomasc7

Finally we see St. Peter's Cathedral flanked by two massive columns from ancient Insulonian times that have be made into decorative pieces adorned with christian sculptures.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Purtomasc6

Hope you liked this update, I very much like working with this city and have put a lot of extra work into it with all the lotting. I very much appreciate comments, both complimenting and critiquing, so feel free to respond.

-Jon

66Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:10 am

Daniel

Daniel

Beautiful update! I really like it! Smile

lol I have the same column in front of my parliament

67Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:49 pm

I'm lotting my Simlympic Park Razz and I agree, it makes playing the game a lot more fun, because it looks that much better. But you've done something much cooler, nice work Smile

68Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Jon

Jon

A little USNW only teaser:

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Purtomasc9

Thoughts?

-Jon

69Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:54 pm

YAY its Iowa! Very Happy

70Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:21 pm

Jon

Jon

Except that those are grapes, which grow in Iowa but aren't terribly common.

71Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:51 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Really nice. Smile

72Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:54 am

Daniel

Daniel

I really like it as well Smile Where did you get those dirt tracks?

73Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Jon

Jon

Hello again everyone, I have a short update for you today. We are once again going to be exploring the area around the city of Purto Masculo, shown in white on the far right on the below map:

This update is going to highlight some more natural scenes outside the city and in the foothills of the mountains.

This photo shows a winery and cattle ranch near the base of the foothills and accessible only by narrow gravel roads, this region is famous for it's fine white wines. The power lines shown provide power from hydroelectric dams in the mountains to the city.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Purtomasc9

The next picture shows a group of loggers working in front of a dried river bed. Logging in the region is heavily restricted with age limits and quotas to prevent deforestation.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Purtomasc10

The final picture shows a rest stop along TIE-284 heading toward the border with Posillipo in the beautiful and peaceful forest east of the city.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Purtomasc11

Hope you enjoyed this rather short update, I might not be able to do updates as often for a while because I have returned to school. I will, however, try to get at least one update each month.Sorry about that.

-Jon

74Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:00 pm

Great work Jon, it looks really nice. I've got to say, that's one interesting exit on the last picture....

Keep this coming! Smile

75Insulo Official City Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:41 pm

androidboi

androidboi

TOO SEXY

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum