The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Insulo Official City Journal

+15
Scotch Moen
Kurt
kj34
Qorten
Fox
Carl
Chip
alerules22
Bruce
ForthWall
Will
androidboi
Kisa Atsuko
Daniel
Jon
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

101Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:29 pm

Carl

Carl

Looks Asian! Very Happy

Cool!

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

102Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:29 pm

Daniel

Daniel

You're the 100th replier in this thread Carl Wink Smile

103Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:49 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

I don't know what it is about that pic that I like, I just like it Razz

104Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:33 am

Fox

Great picture, quite realistic.

Love the weather effects too.

105Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:59 pm

Oh my...

We mos def need more Asian slums. Very Happy

106Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:24 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Like I said in Skype, my favorite picture of yours. Smile

http://www.usnw.net

107Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:01 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

Hello everyone, time for a real update. Today we are visiting the Insulonian Special District of Borola, a small sliver of land on the island of Borola and the poorest area in Insulo. It is bordered by North and South Borola, two nations that have traditionally engaged in war. North Borola is currently ruled by a military junta, and has seen massive amounts of political violence, resulting in an influx of refugees to Insulonian Borola. The special district is almost entirely comprised by the massive city of Lakit, which with an estimated permanent population of 8,995,462 is far and away the largest city in Insulo. It is believed there may be many more people here living for who have not been accounted for or are living in the city temporarily as migrant workers or refugees.

We'll start in the far western sector, outside the city, where one of the last parcels of forest left in the Special district has become home to many refugees and impoverished people. The government is attempting to reduce the amount of squatter settlements by building cheap housing, but construction has been mired by bad weather and cannot keep up with the massive numbers of people coming into the special district. In this shot we see the edge of a slum called Sungai Sedikit.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Borola1

And here we see a highway embankment through a frequently flooded area that is known as Setanrawa.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Borola3

Now we move into a more dense area, Cendawan City. This was once a smaller city but has now been enveloped into the giant city of Lakit, and has since become a less than desirable area of town, but is famous for it's lively markets and celebrations.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Borola2

One of the areas where there has been the most progress in Borola is the creation of employment opportunity through the bringing in of industry. Here we see the Lilin Industrial Park, where there are many oil refineries.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Borola4

Finally we visit a nicer area of town, a suburb called Teratai. Many people who would be considered middle class live here, and it is typical of many of the wealthier suburbs around Lakit.

This image is large mosaic, click the below placeholder to see it in it's full glory. It will take a while to load, as it is close to 20mb in size and comprised of 20 smaller images, but I think the wait is more than worth it.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Borolamosaiccover

Hope you enjoyed this update, I hope to get some more out before the new year (maybe even a New Year's Update) as I should have more time during Winter Break.

Until Next Time,
Jon

Last edited by 2b2gbi on Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

108Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:07 pm

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

Jon, that was Magical, your cities, your histories, you are amazing, a very big applause to you, and that mosaic, that is simply Wonderful, That was all just amazing!!!

109Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:08 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Everything is so wonderful. I hope I can make a city like the 3rd picture. Smile

110Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:31 pm

Very well done with the mosaic, it looks like you put a lot of time into it. I'm not a huge fan of the yellow though, I think you took away a lot of color.

Great entry though Smile

111Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:41 am

Fox

Nice update. I love the details like the side street parking in that mosaic.

I love to see some parks in that suburban shot though.

112Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:05 am

Daniel

Daniel

Phenomenally fantastic! affraid

113Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:36 am

Carl

Carl

Wow!!! Razz

114Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:08 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

That is one awesome mosaic. The slums are expertly done.

115Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:38 am

Jon

Jon

Happy New Years to everyone from Kansas City and Insulo!

I don't have a flashy New Years related pic, but I have a little preview of a city I'm working on right now. The city is Talia in central Insulo, it's often referred to as the birthplace of the revolution that freed Insulo from it's Fascist regime in 1985. The scene you see below is the historically important Republic Square. I'll get more into the History in the full update.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Taliapreview

-Jon

116Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:01 am

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Mind = Blown

117Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:19 am

Daniel

Daniel

Whoa, if that's a TEASER, can't wait for the full update! affraid

118Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:56 pm

Looks nice as usual Smile

119Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:14 pm

alerules22

alerules22

Looks so Spanish, very Andaluzian... I LOVE IT, I WANT MORE!!!!

120Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:01 pm

Carl

Carl

Cool! affraid

121Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:15 pm

Jon

Jon

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Talia1head

Hello everyone, sorry I didn't get this out earlier this week, I wanted to polish some things in the rural areas but my game has been difficult, but I think I've got it working right again. Today we revisit Talia, a city in the hilly interior of Insulo. Nestled in a valley along the Rio Vino on the western end of the Terrefuego mountain range on the border of the provinces of Terrefuego and Vinola.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Insulomapa

Without further ado, let's get into the pictures. I only have three new pictures today, but this is the first part of this update. The next portion will be posted sometime later this week.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Taliapreview

Most of you probably recognize this picture, as this is the one from my teaser on New Years Eve. This image shows the Plaza de la República, the main square in the city. On the left you can see the Talia Cathedral, which is the only building that directly bordered the original square on this place. This square was the site of a horrific massacre of 306 protesters in 1984 by the ruling group at the time, the Insulonian Nationalist Party, a fascist faction that ruled in a totalitarian manner from 1910 until their overthrow in 1985. The new mayor of Talia in 1984, Don Capel, opposed the nationalists, and allowed a rally to be organized in his city demanding reforms. Troops surrounded the square and arrested Don Capel, and when a protester reportedly threw a rock in the direction of a line of soldiers they opened fire. The event turned most of Insulo against the regime and ultimately resulted in its downfall. The fountain is part of the memorial for the victims of the massacre that extends further to the right out of view. We will see that in the next part of this update.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Talia1

Now, to mix it up, we venture far outside the city to Lago Espejo National Park, a relatively small park surrounding it's namesake lake, which is home to rare alpine marshs. Here we see a cabin that can be leased in the park.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Talia2

Here we see a house under construction on a high plain in the mountains outside Talia. This area is prime for cattle ranching and many people who wish to escape the bustle of the city to build their dream homes and live a simpler life on a ranch. This homeowner has chosen to camp in his caravan while his house is being built.

Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Talia3

Lastly we see a stadium built for Insulo's most controversial pastime, bullfighting. The stadium is busy place most weekends, with many events other than bullfighting being staged in it as well.

Hope you enjoyed this short update,
- Jon -

122Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:19 pm

Awesome! I love the bullfighting stadium. Thats just plain amazing

123Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:36 pm

alerules22

alerules22

Amazing Jon, I love how when I see your cities I actually think I am in Spain or in a Colonial City Smile

124Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:00 pm

For an update of only three new pictures, that's pretty nice Smile Loved that third picture!

125Insulo Official City Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Insulo Official City Journal Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:05 pm

Carl

Carl

I love it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum