The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Roleplay Ban Rule - Effective August 23, 2013

+8
Agunter999
Scotch Moen
Willem
Daniel
Juls
Jack
alerules22
Carl
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Roleplay can't be all facts. Life isn't all facts. If Britain managed to hold off the Germans after all of Europe fell to them, against all odds, then we can use dice. If you must insist on your facts, we can use the die and statistics and put something together, but I refuse to allow cold logic to justify actions.

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)

Arrr not against the odds because there are other factors like training experience etc.

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

All the experience in the world won't help you if you trip on a rock and crack your head open.

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

The UK survived for various reasons. There's no need of dice. Members just have to not be power hungry and loose once in a while Razz Facts aren't just statistics like manpower and such. Facts include important stuff like circumstances, leaders, mood of the citizens, etc.

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

All of which can be up to chance. I'm not saying facts aren't important, I'm just saying they're not the entire story.

Agunter999

Those factors are mot chance, the moral for instance is effected by propaganda, if the leader is elected then it is not chance, as long as people are not power hungry the system me and juls are talking about is more realistic.

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

That is the exact problem I'm trying to solve. By leaving a little of it up to chance, no one can say, 'oh, he cheated,' 'oh, he's god-modding', etc., etc. It's not like everything would be decided by a die roll.

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

True, but it could lead to some very unrealistic outcomes. Razz The dice roll effect would have to be very small if it were to be implemented.  Eventually, though, that would lead to RP turning into very complex battle simulations when really, you just have to be reasonable.

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Then the question turns into, can you all be reasonable?

Jack

Jack

And the answer is no, not always. Razz But that is why we have rules like this. Wink

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I agree with Kenny. We can certainly combine them both, I'm sure we're all competent enough to use some discretion. And besides, I'm sure even a crude system could be created.

Carl

Carl

The die system was actually up and running, with the stock exchange. however since a few of us could understand it, it did not work. Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

OSE Stock Control

OSE Stock Control
Stock Market Control (Okaiken)

The member 'Carl' has done the following action : Closing Bell

#1 'High Risk' : 125, 83, 32, 112, 4, 172, 30, 108, 98, 208

--------------------------------

#2 'Medium Risk' : 1, 30, 59, 120, 100, 6, 75, 94, 72, 9, 77, 64, 102, 113, 64, 6, 30, 33

--------------------------------

#3 'Low Risk' : 75, 1, 82, 3, 40, 49, 98, 1, 27, 79, 10, 57

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

But that's for the stock market. Razz

OSE Stock Control

OSE Stock Control
Stock Market Control (Okaiken)

The member 'RepublicMaster' has done the following action : Closing Bell

#1 'High Risk' : 216, 120, 128