The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Declined: Minimum Post Rule

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Declined: Minimum Post Rule Empty Declined: Minimum Post Rule Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:36 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Declined: Minimum Post Rule Assemb10
Proposal by the Department of the First Minister

The Department of the First Minister, and the First Minister would like to propose a law that would require members to have minimum number of posts. Lately USNW has been... very inactive and we need to change that. Below are what I would like to propose as the minimum post requirement for the different types of members*. If the requirements aren't met then action will be taken against that member, if a full member doesn't meet the requirement, then a certain probationary will be applied to the member, such as the next month their minimum requirement would be higher and if it isn't met the second time their membership could be downgraded to ambassadorial, and then if an ambassadorial member doesn't meet their requirement then they would be set on probation, ect., and then they would have to post more the next month or their membership would be downgraded to observatory and so on with observatory memberships.

Normal Post Requirements

• Full Member Post Requirement: 40 Posts Per Month
  • Ambassadorial Post Requirement:30 Posts Per Month
  • Observatory Post Requirement:10 Posts Per Month

Average posts per day required in a 31 day month
(These are just averages, you wouldn't really have to post every day.)
With 40 posts a month you'd have to post 1 or 2 posts a day, so don't say that's a lot even though the number seems kind of daunting at first.
With 30 posts a month you'd have to post about one post a day.
With 10 posts a month you'd have to post about 2 times a week.

Probationary Post Requirements

• Full Member Post Requirement: 55 Posts Per Month
  • Ambassadorial Post Requirement: 45 Posts Per Month
  • Observatory Post Requirement: 25 Posts Per Month

Average posts per day required in a 31 day month
With 55 posts a month you'd have to post about 2 times a day on most days but some days you could get by with one.
With 45 posts a month you'd have to post about 1 time a day with 2 or 3 posts on the weekend days.
With 25 posts a month you'd have to post less than 1 time a day.

Obviously this isn't much to ask... I mean 1 or 2 posts a day isn't a lot. This isn't talking about city journal updates this is any post, from games to city journals, from replying to an information request to talking about current events. This law would really help our activity which is in a giant slump, when people come to our site... they see inactivity and that doesn't attract members. We need to get our activity up so we get our membership up.

*Members include only Full, Ambassadorial, and Observatory Members, not registered user.

Last edited by Chip on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:09 am; edited 4 times in total

http://www.usnw.net

2Declined: Minimum Post Rule Empty Re: Declined: Minimum Post Rule Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:51 am

I think we should have a post requirement, but maybe every two or three months to correspond with member checkpoints. So, lets say an observer doesn't have, say, 40 posts in 3 months, they will fall inactive in the checkpoint.

3Declined: Minimum Post Rule Empty Re: Declined: Minimum Post Rule Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:00 pm

well I don't know. My activity is very unpredictable. So I don't know how much I will post in a few weeks. Probably not very much because of school. So I think you should do a check but not in this way

4Declined: Minimum Post Rule Empty Re: Declined: Minimum Post Rule Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:25 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

40 posts in one month is not a lot.

That's 10 posts a week? And less than 2 a day... that's not a lot to ask for and if you're worried about keeping up with the numbers, I am going to handle that.

5Declined: Minimum Post Rule Empty Re: Declined: Minimum Post Rule Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:08 am

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

This proposal will now go to vote, please say you voted, and not what you voted. If you have any questions about the proposal you can still ask and wait for them to be answer before you vote.

I have voted.

6Declined: Minimum Post Rule Empty Re: Declined: Minimum Post Rule Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:35 am

I, honestly do not like this at all. If a member does not post enough that means we must demean them into doing so? It seems very unfair to me. I don't even have 40 posts and I've been here since the start. Also, what is there to post in? The only reason everyone else's post counts are high is because you all post in the games section so much. I'm not going to be forced into posting. I have more important things to do. I think this will really negate members from joining the union as well.

,marsh

7Declined: Minimum Post Rule Empty Re: Declined: Minimum Post Rule Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:40 am

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Inactivity makes us look bad, we rely on skype too much for things we should be doing on the forum. I just honestly don't see why every one can't make one post a day, it's not that hard. We're going to have to do something to increase activity, and if this is it so be it.

8Declined: Minimum Post Rule Empty Re: Declined: Minimum Post Rule Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:29 am

I'm going to say what I voted. NO. Inactivity is called out on member checkpoints set up by the Cabinet; it can't be much more simple than that.

The AIN and SCJU are active because they both have some 25 to 30 active people apiece (and of course that number fluctuates a lot). When you only have seven members, you honestly can't expect much, especially when you haven't been around for long. From someone who has been in plenty of unions in their life, that is the disappointing but honest truth. Someday, we will have a larger community, in which case, we will be complaining about OVER-contributing (spamming). However, telling people to make potentially pointless posts is a pretty out-there idea (no offense) in my opinion.

9Declined: Minimum Post Rule Empty Re: Declined: Minimum Post Rule Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:15 pm

Also who had the vote that was unaccounted for? (it was a no vote)

10Declined: Minimum Post Rule Empty Re: Declined: Minimum Post Rule Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:34 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

You guys are being ridiculous, member checkpoints only work to see who is here, not who is active. Some of our full members only have 10 or 15 posts in over one month, that is too small. Inactivity, believe it or not makes us look bad. ONE POST A DAY is not a lot to ask for!

11Declined: Minimum Post Rule Empty Re: Declined: Minimum Post Rule Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:10 pm

Honestly, it isn't. Some days, the forums are calm. This is a Sim City union forum, not a game forum. So if nobody posts in a day, then we all have to go spam the forum games? Thats sorta dumb... not to mention, Spring Break is imminent for a lot of us in the United States where most of our members are from, that is, if it isn't already happening right now,

Maybe we should be thinking about a minimum for updating city journals....

12Declined: Minimum Post Rule Empty Re: Declined: Minimum Post Rule Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I don't mean necessarily everyday, that's just the average but, I guess we could discuss a city journal update minimum.

13Declined: Minimum Post Rule Empty Re: Declined: Minimum Post Rule Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:19 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

I voted, sorry I forgot to post.

14Declined: Minimum Post Rule Empty Re: Declined: Minimum Post Rule Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:21 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

This bill has been killed, thank you for participating in the vote.

Final Vote: 0-5-0

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum