The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bergenstein News

+14
ForthWall
City_Master
Qorten
Scotch Moen
Carl
Daniel
Kurt
Willem
alerules22
Jack
Juls
SimEmirate
Chris
Agunter999
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 21]

26Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:50 am

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Why can't he have a independent news outlet? They aren't official roleplay statements.

27Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:59 am

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)

The news continues here the roleplay doesn't

28Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:34 am

Agunter999

Bergenstein Informer

Following the recent declaration of war the militaries of Bergenstein are on their way to being fully mobilised ready for war. This means that Lorona and Shwiset citizens must report for conscription when required to do so. This also means that war regulations are in action. Citizens of Bergenstein should prepare for the worst and. Expect the worst to continue.

Elsewhere in the Bergenstein capital Berge troops have stormed the city with the elite stormtrooper battalion of the first mechanised division. They drove straight through the streets catching the modernists off guard. A good proportion of the city and airport are now Berge once again. 300 POWs were captured the the Berge government has assured us that they will be treated as proper POWs

However during the attack a squad of Berge infantrymen came across a building which they could here strange noises from. When the soldiers investigated they found 5 men who were locked up. They were traditionalists. By the looks of things they had been tortured. They had been tied up for a good few weeks. The sight was horrendous.

Just one more crime added to this war

29Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:01 am

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Agunter999 wrote:Just one more crime added to this war
...As in War Crimes.

30Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:18 am

Daniel

Daniel

Yep, the Bergensteinians are officially crazy. Razz

31Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:32 am

Agunter999

But that was done by the modernists

32Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:57 am

Carl

Carl

Or... Prop - "paganda" at mambobola Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

33Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:12 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

This is getting crazy and I don't know if I like where it's going =P

34Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:03 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

Everyone is crazy. Razz

35Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:20 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

I'm perfectly sane, thank you very much Jack.

36Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:55 pm

Jack

Jack

Ah, yes. Razz You're the only one left.  Please make another news article.  I am in need of some reliable information, Juls.

37Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Weeeell, torture's been employed by many a nation in terms of their intelligence agencies being the perps, but Military servicemen doing the torturing, that's a war crime? I'm confuzled, BLOW UP EVERYTHING!

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

38Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Jack

Jack

I think intelligence people torture the war criminals to get their information out; information that saves lives.  Like the CIA torturing terrorists to prevent another attack.  

Average soldiers torturing foreign peacekeepers for no reason, only to leave them to be executed, is very much immoral and should be treated as a war crime.

39Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

If the torture is done in a foreign country, like in Guantanamo Bay's case, international law can't technically prosecute the USA for the crimes committed there. Proof of torture is needed as well.

40Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Agunter999

(Let me just point out that this is supposed to be a television report)

Helana Canzit:
“Major news, new developments have occurred in the districts of Mantindor in northern Schwieset, Friosia in southeastern Brendenland and Flangaren on the boarder of Brendenland and Werdrecht. Susan Collins is currently in the air above Mantindor.”
*Overwhelming sound of a helicopter starts*
Susan Collins: “Thank you Helana. Early this morning, a helicopter from Shwieset on patrol noticed a large number of flags in this area.

Bergenstein News - Page 2 0fgw
You can also see from these shots earlier that we took that these are absolutely everywhere. A similar occurrence has happened in the regions of Fiosia and Flangaren.
Bergenstein News - Page 2 Uph
Bergenstein News - Page 2 Q8o4
Bergenstein News - Page 2 2nuy
Bergenstein News - Page 2 Bjc0
Bergenstein News - Page 2 H6tr
Traditionalist military forces formerly stationed in the area have not been heard from since this time yesterday. So far, no traces of where they’ve gone have turned up - again, identical to the situations in Fiosia and Flangaren.
No one currently knows for sure what is going on – however, it is currently thought that this is an independence movement intended to break away from Bergenstein; up until the 19th century, these regions were independent states. Mantindor lost its independence in 1847, following a long war which had further weakened it after being occupied from 1738 to 1773 by Schwieset. Friosia had met a similar fate in 1833 when the country of Emenland - modern day Brendenland – invaded it. Despite the war only lasting 11 months, has been ranked as one of the bloodiest wars in Bergen history. A resistance movement lasted in Friosia until 1859, and was well known for brutal attacks – often slaughtering entire villages of civilians down to the last person. Compared to Friosia, Flangaren has had a slightly more pleasant background – however, it has still been involved in several Bergen wars, having often gotten caught in between Emenland and Werdrecht during the many wars between them. The nation grew smaller and smaller, until it was finally partitioned in 1861 and divided between Brendenland and Werdrecht.
Now, back to the studio.”
Helana Canzit: “Thank you, Susan. Now, in other news…”

Last edited by Agunter999 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

41Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:12 pm

Jack

Jack

LOL Susan Collins sounds like the name of the author of The Hunger Games. Razz I don't really know what's going on, but I'll read it a few more times.

42Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Agunter999

Yeh I realised that before I posted it but I didn't bother changing it as there are many Susan Collins

43Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:56 pm

Daniel

Daniel

I've never read The Hunger Games, though my sister has... *feels all alone*

44Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:57 pm

Agunter999

It is a good read and I strongly advise it

45Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:20 pm

Carl

Carl

Ummm USNW is not a book club Neutral

46Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:22 pm

SimEmirate

SimEmirate
Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)
Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)

I'm kinda confused.. Razz

47Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:00 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Agunter explained it to me over Skype - basically, some Traditionalists have gotten all uppity and nationalistic (stationalistic? idk what to call it, really Razz) and have decided they want to create their own Bergen states so that they can split away from areas they don't like, some of which are Modernist and some of which are not. Wink

48Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:14 pm

Carl

Carl

Yay for more states Razz

49Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:34 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

...Bergenstein's becoming a big blob of a mess. We should just build a giant wall along it's borders and let em live in their own little world.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

50Bergenstein News - Page 2 Empty Re: Bergenstein News Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:08 am

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

We'll pay for that. Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum