The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien

+11
Chip
alerules22
Willem
Scotch Moen
Kurt
stanislavsoltys
Carl
Jack
ForthWall
Daniel
Agunter999
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Accept Bergenstien as a Member?

Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Pollle1022%Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Pollri10 22% [ 2 ]
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Pollle1067%Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Pollri10 67% [ 6 ]
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Pollle1011%Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Pollri10 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)

Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Dehre25Name: The Collective Nations of Bergenstien

Capital City: VerwaltungStadt
Population: 30,452,483
Language: Bergen, Lithen, Lorato, Shwiser, Triern
GDP per capita: $38,875
Currency: Mark, Thaughten, Lighten, Schiler
Head of State: Collective Grand Master Gotenburg
Motto: Peace and Prosparity
Motto2: March for Life
Human Development Index (HDI): 0.899
Internet TLD: .be/.li/.lo/.sw/.ti
Primary Industries: Manufacture, Agriculture, Tourism
Primary Resources: Arable Land, Iron, Stone (construction), Quartz sand

History:
Up to the year 1483 there is nothing much to note about the nations of Bergenstien. But 1483 does have a large significance to it. The Trierenstien royal family was entirely wiped out by suspicious causes which today have not been confirmed. Though a member of the Bergen family found himself on the throne. Later in 1498 An allied army marched into the secluded mountainous nation of Shwieset. The Bergen cavalry went charging in to a valley only to find a group of 200 men in a square of pikes. The cavalry unit was destroyed. The tactics of Shwieset were costing the Bergen alliance far too much money and cancelled their attack. This angered the Bergens a lot. In 1527 they launched an invasion of Litheniant. This war was much more balanced. The war ended in total conquest of Litheniant. Though peace was not to last. A rebellion saw a small area liberated, loses on both sides were bad.
In Cellmradon another war was taking place. The well trained and well armoured armies of Brendenland were advancing over the lowlands, the ununited Cellmradon peoples ran for the hills. When a new leader for the people they started to hit back. slowly they regained land but not of any significance. This was until an ever expanding Danskmarkensweg army attacked the Brenden army supposedly in an alliance with Cellmradon. Though any land they took they kept.
Elsewhere in the Alcadean sea an war of navies was taking place between Lorona and Verana. The wars ended with no difference in territory. The war had taken its toll. Both sides were at breaking point. However during this war a Bergen ship was mistakenly obliterated. This would be remembered.
The new Bergen empire including it's new land saw and opportunity on Cellmradon. With nations weakened by war and those areas in prime spots. It was too tempting and an invasion was completed in just ten years.
In 1573 another Bergen ship was attacked in the second war of Verana. This was enough for the Bergen monarch who launched another invasion of both nations. Resistance stretched out the invasion which lasted until 1600. The loses at sea were the worst but the maritime nations were
 overrun by superior numbers. Once on land the armies had landed on the land they effectively had free range on the land. It was guerrilla tactics that made the war last.
The nations

Name: High Kingdom of Berge
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Qs8

Capital City: Bergenburg
Population: 6,530,874
Language: Bergen,
GDP per capita: $49,376
Currency: Mark,
Head of State: High King Bergon IIIXXX
Motto: We unite
Motto2: Development is key, to recognition
Human Development Index (HDI): 0.759
Internet TLD: .be
Summary: This country has a strong industrial sector and and a growing commercial sector. The cities are will planned and built. The army is well drilled and is formidable. As the most modern country it is seen to be the main part of Bergenstien. Many other members dislike this greatly
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Setville15jul0113708932

Name: The Grand Duchy of Litheniant
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien 800pxflagoflithuaniasta
Capital City: Mingenad
Population: 3,857,484
Language: Lithen
GDP per capita: $37,647
Currency: Lighten,
Head of State: Grand Duke Guvaniona II
Motto: To the fields
Motto2: Second class, Never!, well certainly no more
Human Development Index (HDI): 0.701
Internet TLD: .li
Summary: This country has always been seen as the underdog but these days that is not always true, the people are also sick of this title. They have some of the most important cities in the region and have a strong military. Farming is still the main industry though

Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Deverno13sep03137088096
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Methewc13aug00137114276

Name: Vis-Duchy of Lorona
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Flagmerciagoldendragon

Capital City: Larona
Population: 1,772,874
Language: Shwiese
GDP per capita: $50,755
Currency: Thaughten
Head of State: Vis-Duke Lora-Palona I
Motto: Restraint
Motto2: We are ourselves
Human Development Index (HDI): 0.838
Internet TLD: .lo
Summary: This nation is a secluded nation of secrete cut off communities it attracts tourist but the country has yet to realise it's potential. It is mainly made up of islands and lakes. The government often forgets about the mainland section

Name: March of Shwieset
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Swissflagcopy

Capital City: Zien
Population: 644,684
Language: Shwiser
GDP per capita: $51,677
Currency: Schwiler
Head of State: Margrave Montanoba
Motto: We just simply don't give in
Motto2: Freedom in everyday life, bring happieness, which is exactly what a government wants, isn't it sire?
Human Development Index (HDI): 0.831
Internet TLD: .sw
Summary: This is a mountainous nation with small villages dotted all around. Cattle farming is big business and so is the Ski industry. It gets many tourists making the area very rich. A major banking sector only boosts it's coffers
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Shwis1feb011371140661
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Otq

Name: Arch-County of Trierenstien

Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Dfbdfdfgddfd

Capital City: Tristadt
Population: 3,894,769
Language: Trieren
GDP per capita: $48,475
Head of State: Arch-Countess Valmere IX
Motto: We have Strength and the people
Motto2: Our cities, the best, are growing
Human Development Index (HDI): 0.759
Internet TLD: .ti
Summary: A nation which in theory should be the most powerful is not due to a not so good quality of life. The government is very unpopular and has been for centuries. The land is flat and the majority is arable farmland.

Name: Vis-Kingdom of Danskmarkensweg
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien 50978644

Capital City: Copteburg
Population: 5,736,739
Language: Swansk
GDP per capita: $51,736
Currency: Karo
Head of State: Vis-King Bergoff
Motto: Arrr Pastries
Motto2: Though land is ours if it is not yours
Human Development Index (HDI): 0.793
Internet TLD: .ds
Summary: This country is the least likely part of Bergenstien, it has many fishing villages and medium scale farming. The land is quite hilly

Name: High County of Werdrecht
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Flagofthedutchwestindia

Capital City: Wardrecht
Population: 3,778,844
Language: Drecht
GDP per capita: $49,654
Head of State: High Count Vindrike
Motto: Water, the key
Motto2: Freedom to the last,
Human Development Index (HDI): 0.787
Internet TLD: .wd
Summary: This country is based around the coast and the nearly non stop towns by the coast. The land is purely flat and floods easily. Large scale farming is a common sight
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Snv

Name: Lordship of Miensburg
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Tc9e

Capital City: Mienen
Population: 1,768,937
Language: Mients
GDP per capita: $38,874
Currency: Mark
Head of State: Lord Mingendes
Motto: Free will is what makes us great
Motto2: Our selves to our selves
Human Development Index (HDI): 0.699
Internet TLD: .mb
Summary: This quiet country is made up mainly of small villages and small scale farmers. The land is quite flat with many forests
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Tbod

Name: Margrave of Coutony
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien 9w7k

Capital City: Mindengern
Population: 964,775
Language: Cout
GDP per capita: $29,874
Currency: Mark, Crouten
Head of State: Margrave Tantantine
Motto: Freedom, From the clenches of power
Motto2: Power, another word for corruption
Human Development Index (HDI): 0.704
Internet TLD: .ct
Summary: A small country which has recently gained freedom from its neighbours after pressure from certain members. Little development has occurred which has left the nation with little. Farming is still the main industry.
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Outrah12may011370891996
Name: Clanship of Cellmradon
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien 0hww

Capital City: EmmenBough
Population: 746,647
Language: Call
GDP per capita: $28,744
Currency: Fout
Head of State: High Chief Mallon
Motto: For Cellmradon
Motto2: Charge
Human Development Index (HDI): 0.643
Internet TLD: .cl
Summary: A nation still running on an old clan system, the clans rarely agree and sometimes this results to WAR!

Name: Regal Earldom of Brendenland
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien K9p

Capital City: EmmenBough
Population: 754,746
Language: Emmem
GDP per capita: $28,744
Currency: Poomem
Head of State: Earl Bornmore
Motto: For our country
Motto2: For the Earl
Human Development Index (HDI): 0.864
Internet TLD: .em
Summary: A nation based on tradition has the best military out of all the nations. The men are extremely well disciplined. The government is popular and held in well regard. The weather is generally bad and moaned about regularly. The navy is formidable.

Name: Verana
Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien Xx2h

Capital City: Verana
Population: 1,111
Language: Ver
GDP per capita: $48,744
Currency: Ver lire
Head of State: Earl Bornmore
Motto: The sea is everything
Motto2: Aspirations are vital
Human Development Index (HDI): 0.826
Internet TLD: .ve
Summary: A nation built around the sea. The nation has it's capital city built in the sea, on wood infact. This nation is a trading one. Has the best (claimed by other Bergenstien nations) but very small navy

Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien 5eom

Last edited by Jack on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:30 pm; edited 16 times in total (Reason for editing : Closed App)

Daniel

Daniel

Seems pretty interesting so far, I'll be looking forward to seeing where you are on Adonia. Smile

Agunter999

Thanks, its central European, where should I place it?

Daniel

Daniel

I'd personally recommend southwestern Althena, as that's culturally more or less the equivalent of Central Europe (as far as I know). Smile

Agunter999

Ok, that is what simemirate said so it shall be there

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

When you mean collective, do you mean like a confederacy, or do you actually mean you are applying 4 separate nations?

I'd also like to know what your nation does, economically and where it is? (although you are working on a location)

Agunter999

Yes like a confederacy only this is even more separated. Ok I will add those economic parts on (I forgot them, I knew I forgot something), and as I said, I'm doing that right this second

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

So like a union type thing? It does look interesting. Are these countries supposed to be bordering each other or separated? I could show you a few potential borders. Smile I see it is a work in progress, so I won't nag about history yet.

And I'm the guy to ask about Adonia maps. Razz But I won't be able to make any until I can get to my PC on Saturday.

Agunter999

Well, as the cultures are central Germanic I believe they should be close. I have posted above what I believe is about right. What do you suggest

Carl

Carl

Umm the HDIs do not add up to .899

Welcome to USNW!

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Jack

Jack

That's good. You're going to have some Polish and Baltic cultures mixed in there, though. Razz Our Germany is Brullen.

Agunter999

Yep Lithenaint is baltic (based on the polish lithuanian commonwealth)

Jack

Jack

Perfect. Then that's the location for you.

Agunter999

Solved, Is there any history I need to keep in mind for when I do it?

Jack

Jack

Yes, actually. We had a Soviet Union type country called the ISRR back in the 40s and 50s. But instead of it collapsing in the 90s, it collapsed right after the war ended in 1952. The ISRR included that area that you're taking. So we could say your collective nations were former Soviet Republics in the union until independence in 1952.

Agunter999

That might be a little odd as my nations are very, royal/ right winged. With quite big social divide. How would that work?

Daniel

Daniel

Just a little nitpick, "High King Bergon IIIXXX" would properly be "High King Bergon XXXIII" (I assume you wanted the roman numeral for "33rd", which is the closest-looking one to the one you pictured). Razz

Love what you've shown us so far. Smile

...Also, I think you've taken my dependency of Tarskaja (it's that tiny peninsula in northwest Anoka), but otherwise the map's fine Wink

As for how your political system works, Stanislav (a former member) is planning on reapplying soon, with a Russia-based monarchy in the same general area - you could have the same roots as his country instead. Or you could just have a monarchy restoration after the collapse of communism or whatever. Razz

Jack

Jack

They could have very influential and persuasive leaders. Razz Over time things change. The fact that it was formerly communist 60 years ago doesn't matter much anymore. After independence they could have restored their monarchy.

Agunter999

True that might work, as for roman I was going for 27 actually, I have taken you bit of land so sorry about that. So for the history maybe the soviets just engulfed the area ant my governments just went into exile. And at the time of collapse invaded. I could create one more nation an island for them to exile to???

Daniel

Daniel

Governments-in-exile usually are based out of a different country for the duration of their exile - i.e. Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands during WWII - so I don't think an island is that nessecary. Razz

And the Roman numeral for 27 is XXVII. Wink

Agunter999

I know, I just looked it up and ok no extra nation, So who is local to that area and against the Soviets. and when did they start and what war???

Daniel

Daniel

The Great Adonian War - this planet's version of the Second World War, more or less - lasted from 1947 to 1952. Smile

Agunter999

ok, anywhere where I can find this information
Oh the wiki Declined: Ambassadorial | The Collective Nations of Bergenstien 253468018

Agunter999 wrote:So how is this bit of history?

Jack

Jack

It's still a work in progress. Razz We've been kind of distracted on it for a while. Against the Soviets would be the Germans (Brullen) but they are defeated in the war. A good place to move it is Insulo, a strong neutral country.

Here's the very long GAW thread:
http://www.usnw.net/t1662-gaw-reform-project

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

Well, there goes my awesome location for Utrova and realistic history in that region.

If you have a skype we could comprimise on a location, or I can PM you.

EDIT: I've sent you some realistic suggestions for an area for your nation via PM.

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum