The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Voting: Ambassadorial - Republic of Mitron

+7
Willem
Scotch Moen
Carl
Kurt
Jon
Jack
Chris
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Accept Mitron as an Ambassadorial Member?

Voting: Ambassadorial - Republic of Mitron - Page 2 Pollle10100%Voting: Ambassadorial - Republic of Mitron - Page 2 Pollri10 100% [ 8 ]
Voting: Ambassadorial - Republic of Mitron - Page 2 Pollle100%Voting: Ambassadorial - Republic of Mitron - Page 2 Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Voting: Ambassadorial - Republic of Mitron - Page 2 Pollle100%Voting: Ambassadorial - Republic of Mitron - Page 2 Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

XD That's fine. I can get a little technical and often just type and not look at what I'm saying.

So, basically, I am asking you to choose how and when you became independent.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

OK, I'm not really sure what to say for my history.... I'm lost, still.

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Maybe we should just have a short summary of modern Adonian history for him to read and get caught up, instead of giving him small tid bits to work out.

Basically Ninja, if you're going to have a Euphemian country, its almost certainly been a colony of another country at first. Trentannia is a major nation in Western Althena who colonized many parts of Euphemia. Those colonies turned into Shayden and Acadia, (and others). Other countries colonized as well, like Posilippo and Insulo, (France & Spain). You can choose which country you came from. Trentannia is the most logical due to your proximity to Shayden.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

Jack

Jack

Also note that if you don't want your independence to have to be granted through war, Posillipo is the way to go. Colonies were allowed to vote for independence peacefully. Wink

And yeah, we do need a summary of Adonian history and information. I can get to work on that.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Ok, I suppose we can have been independent from the same country as Shayden, except that I'm thinking of a twist right now, so I'm not the same as everyone else. And of course we freed ourselves through war.... that's the best way to do it! lol We are very nationalistic and love our country to death, so of course we'd fight for freedom! GO MITRON! *applause*

Jack

Jack

LOL Razz So Trentannia is a good option. It would have to probably be a few years after Shayden and Acadia fought theirs, which would've weakened Trentannia.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Ok, here's a rough idea of my history. I was thinking maybe Mitron was originally a joint colony of England & France/Germany maybe, depending on how their relations are. I'd like to get one of those cultures in as a secondary culture.
Also, we became independent after Shayden & Folland were freed. And since they were all for an independent Euphemia, they full-fledgedly supported our fight for freedom. This caused Trentannia & their ally to finally decide this wasn't worth it, and signed a treaty ending all colonization in Euphemia. Sound good? I could always expand further.

Jack

Jack

UndercoverNinja12 wrote:I was thinking maybe Mitron was originally a joint colony of England & France/Germany maybe, depending on how their relations are. I'd like to get one of those cultures in as a secondary culture.
A join colony, I think that maybe a stretch. There was hardly cooperation in the colonial era. Everyone was racing to get the most. But, there is another way to have mixed cultures. Posillipo could have previously owned Mitron, but then ceded it to Trentannia later on. Also, Germany could not have colonized anyone because it was not formed until way after you would have been independent. Wink

UndercoverNinja12 wrote:Also, we became independent after Shayden & Folland were freed.
Shayden became independent much later than Folland did. Razz It was Acadia and Shayden that became independent together.
UndercoverNinja12 wrote:And since they were all for an independent Euphemia, they full-fledgedly supported our fight for freedom. This caused Trentannia & their ally to finally decide this wasn't worth it, and signed a treaty ending all colonization in Euphemia.
Well, if you are implying that independent Euphemia helps you in your war for independence, you are probably out of luck. Razz After the US won the Revolutionary War, they still had ties with France. Eventually, France asked their ally to help them in a war. The US was not exactly a faithful ally. What I'm saying is it is unlikely that Shayden or Acadia would assist in another war against Trentannia as they just came out of one, and probably still have a truce with Trentannia that guarantees their freedom.

So, sadly, they were not "all for an independent Euphemia." The cold, hard truth is they were all in it for themselves. Also, it would not work to end all Trentannian colonization in Euphemia as Trentannia still possesses Brennsland, which is southwest of Kuyrut.

It is possible that an Ultimatum was issued towards Trentannia demanding independence of Mitron. Or, since you are an island and easy to defend, a simple declaration of independence and a rebellion will do. Trentannia would have to go through a lot to defeat Mitron completely, especially after a war with Shayden and Acadia.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

So, then that means that we would have had to fight for ourselves.... I suppose I could make that work, although what time frame would it have been? I'm thinking maybe early 1900s? I could make a timeline and everything about it then, I'm not hugely comfortable with making a history before that, although anything's open.

Also, I'm assuming a joint-colonization of Mitron is out the window? Because I highly doubt a rebellion could hold off 2 countries' militaries.

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Folland was first founded as a colony in 1610, and declared it's Independence on February 12th, 1728.

It'd be interesting if Mitron was a colony/territory for that long. Having pre-Great Adonian War weaponry, the fight for independence might be a bit bloody.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I have a rough outline of a history from colonization to independence, it's all bulletpoints and not too detailed.... should I post it?

Oh, and we become independent in 1849, I believe.

Jack

Jack

1849 works. Razz There is also the possibility that Mitron became independent from Trentannia after the GAW, as a war reparation-type thing. (I can't think of the word)

And yeah, go ahead and post it!

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

It'll probably come up tmrw or Friday. I still have to finish homework, then tmrw I have a baseball game and will probably be up til forever cramming hw. I still haven't had a chance to build up my nation in SC4 yet, I've been real busy, and it's going to stay that way for a month or so more too. Crying

Jack

Jack

Yeah RLS getting in the way is something we have all had problems with before. Razz Don't worry, we're not going anywhere. You can ask to have this voted on whenever you'd like.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Well, the sooner the better, right? If you think I'm ready, then sure I'll go to vote.

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

What about the Flag and COA? Jack can make it if he wants, or I can if he can't. Smile

Jack

Jack

Oh yeah. Razz I can make a few flags that would go well with that region.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Voting: Ambassadorial - Republic of Mitron - Page 2 Asj3Qnt
This for my coat of arms, maybe with like a hoe or pick or something, crossing the sword to signify hard workers that aren't afraid to take up arms to defend their country? I don't know, rough idea.
Voting: Ambassadorial - Republic of Mitron - Page 2 Q2PNl61
And then maybe like what I have with red diamonds in the middle, although in retrospect maybe a solid horizontal yellow bar through them (like the white one) and then red going horizontally along the top and bottom.

Carl

Carl

Why is it so small? Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I made it on paint, I never enlarged it.

Jack

Jack

Here's an idea I had for a flag. The red represents the blood shed to fight for independence. The white represents truth and honesty. The blue represents the sky, water, and peace. It does look a little European though. Razz I think this is more in Kurt's or Mike's area of expertise.
Voting: Ambassadorial - Republic of Mitron - Page 2 4Ih61bM

Edit: Finally got the picture to upload. Razz

Last edited by Jack on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

Carl

Carl

I think make the draft larger, so we can see what you want on the flag.

I mean on that diamond thing on the flag could be a star Razz

Jack wrote:The red represents the blood shed to fight for independence. The white represents truth and honesty

Not so true with the Okaiken Flag Laughing

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

That's a pretty good flag. I suppose it's a little bland, maybe we could add some diamonds or stars or something?

Jack

Jack

Definitely. Smile You can show me where you would like editions to it in paint, and I will add them in Illustrator.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

They look pixely cuz of paint, but here's my ideas, enlarged:
Voting: Ambassadorial - Republic of Mitron - Page 2 Ae1914G
Voting: Ambassadorial - Republic of Mitron - Page 2 7cfmwDQ

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum