The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Day Seven - Nine | Chapter One Discussion

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Day Seven - Nine | Chapter One Discussion Empty Day Seven - Nine | Chapter One Discussion Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:25 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Sorry for our delay, I've been busy and such, so.... Anyway, let's get this show on the road! Today and tomorrow we will debate chapter one of the constitution which is going to be about human rights, ect. so please post your proposals below, or offer suggestions to mine.

Chapter 1 - Human Rights

Article 1

Section 1

No person shall be subject to inhumane, painful, or degrading punishment or torture.

Section 2
No one shall be held in forced servitude, or slavery and no one shall be forced into compulsory labor.

Section 3
Any form of human trafficking is prohibited.

Section 4
All forms of execution are prohibited except lethal injection, and only national courts may hand down this punishment, the USNW court is not allowed to execute criminals.

Article 2

Section 1

The following rights are endowed by nature’s god and shall not be infringed upon.

Section 1.1
Freedom of Speech, no law shall be made that disrupts the human right of freedom of speech. Every person shall be allowed to peacefully protest, boycott, or petition.

Section 1.2
All people will be equal among the law.

Section 1.3

Everyone shall have the right to a trial by jury.

Section 1.4

All people have the right to own property, to work, or to leisure.

Section 1.5
No one shall be denied the right to their nationality or denied the right to change their nationality.

Section 1.6

All citizens have the right to own property and to run and profit from a business. [u]

Last edited by Chip on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.usnw.net

I think you should include Freedom of Religious Practice Wink

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Crap, I totally forgot that. I meant for it to be on there, I'll add it.

What if laws in my country are an eye for an eye?

Daniel

Daniel

Yes, and in my country, "Lethal injections" only occur if the doctor accidentally administers the wrong medicine Razz , we hang instead.

Oh, and also, in my country, we don't have juries, but a panel of seven judges only.

Daniel

Daniel

I don't know where to propose it, but maybe we could have a clause somewhere that bans the banning of something that is an ingrained part of the national culture?

emperordaniel wrote:Yes, and in my country, "Lethal injections" only occur if the doctor accidentally administers the wrong medicine Razz , we hang instead.
You do need to remember that your country isn't in the USNW yet, therefore, this constitution doesn't apply to you until you have been accepted Wink I think it's perfectly reasonable as is. The EU has laws protecting human dignity that are even stricter than this, so I think this should be accepted. That's my stand on it.

Also emperordaniel please make sure to not double-post in the future, edit what you want to add in your original post. Thank you!

Daniel

Daniel

Sorry about the double post, idk why the Francis I did that.

Most civilised nations have abolished the death penalty entirely, and many that haven't abolished it either rarely use it or only use it under extreme circumstances.
In fact, only 41 countries use the death penalty regularly - a majority of which are African, Arabic, sub-continental or communist. Plus America.

So in reality, the death penalty under any means is deeply unpopular and seen as a breach of human rights or Government powers. The only USNW nation I could envisage using it realistically is Gansbaai...

Daniel

Daniel

If the death penalty is completely outlawed, I am afraid I will have to withdraw my intentions to join USNW. Crying

(I am willing to make concessions about the methods, however Smile )

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

The Death Penalty will be completely outlawed in the aspects of the coming union court, but your country can still use lethal injection. As Thomas said, hanging has been proven very painful so it has been outlawed in most civilized countries, and even in America the death penalty is only given for the worst crimes, like murdering a child or a completely savage murder. Most realistic and fictional unions have this law, and like K50 said, the EU and the United Nations are a lot stricter on this.

emperordaniel wrote:If the death penalty is completely outlawed, I am afraid I will have to withdraw my intentions to join USNW. Crying
Well I am sorry you are going to withdraw your intentions to join the union because you can't hang people in it? scratch

Most civilized countries. Wink

Gansbaai is developing country. Many areas are still third world status. The only area which was an exception to these was Nouadhibou, which was obviously a developed city. (Al Aauim is also an exception, but that is a different country entirely.) Our laws are not exactly an "eye for an eye", was joking a bit, but close. 1 major thing is the fact that sometimes police do not always take out the punishment. Say someone steals something from a local store. If the shopkeeper catches them, the shopkeep will cut off their hand (himself). It IS illegal. But the police simply do not enforce it.

So if this is passed. Be known these punishments will still be going on in Gansbaai. Wink

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

The point of this union is to promote domestic and international social and economic advancement, so it's your own problem if you want to hold back your countries development. I understand you cannot help if the people still do it, but at least attempt to make your law enforcement... enforce the law.

It looks good to me, but in times of war. The POI (Platte Office of Intelligence) will use some forms of torture in circumstances that regard the defense of the Platte Republic and her Allies.

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I think a clause can be added for that, possibly.

Daniel

Daniel

No, if I am still allowed to execute people, I will still sign up Very Happy

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Allowed to execute justly, and with only lethal injection. Razz If you kill off your people we will investigate Razz

Chip: My point of this country is not to develop and advance (In my mind.) I'm making this in my own role-playing style. I am not holding my country back. It is. It's leaders are. It's not MY fault my country is not developing. It's the leaders, the economic problems.

I think we need some (SOME) non-developed countries anyway in the union. We are not making a perfect world here. Razz There will be problems. And I think having developing countries will create problems, adding some interesting things to do in the union. Maybe a country wants to kill off their people and commit a mass-genocide. Razz

On a final note, I say that the law is fine. The Nation of Gansbaai will adhere, and except these laws. However don't count on the people to. Wink

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I didn't mean it was you, I meant... ah nevermind Razz

I mean the point of the union is the advancement of it's members, and protecting it's people is advancement. :p

Daniel

Daniel

Just to note, I have a plethora of crimes you can be executed for...

(off-topic: who turned this topic into a debate on the death penalty anyways?)

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

You and Marsh Razz

Daniel

Daniel

ME???????? :x :x :x :x :x :x

joking Razz

Oh, and by the way, a permanent state of martial law exists in the Spanish Province of La-me, and civil rights guarenteed my people in the constitution do not apply to the 100% Spanish population of that city-province, given their long history of siding with Grand's enemies, assasinating prominent Grandians, killing Imperial Troopers without provocation, etc., etc., and the list goes on and on. The Grandian people are so paranoid about the Grandian Spanish that if a law was to be passed 'liberating' the you-know-whom, everyone from the beggar in Francistown, to the Duke of Rania, old and young, men and women, would start a riot and would literally block the legislation from being passed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum