The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Follandan Informer

+22
Agunter999
SimEmirate
Chris
Juls
Chip
Psihomode
Willem
Trevy
ForthWall
Sauberbmw
stanislavsoltys
Kurt
Qorten
kj34
Jack
YingBlanc
Fox
Jon
Daniel
Will
Carl
Scotch Moen
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 23]

526Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Sat May 24, 2014 7:58 am

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

lol @ Panin. Razz

527Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Sat May 24, 2014 10:10 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Folland's becoming shaky again Follandan Informer - Page 22 253468018

That's become the recurring stereotype nowadays, hm?

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

528Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Sat May 24, 2014 10:38 pm

jmsepe

jmsepe
Member (Teiko)

I wonder how stable this country is and what it has to do with Sinope.

http://teiko-about.blogspot.com

529Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Sun May 25, 2014 12:23 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I wonder how stable this country is and what it has to do with Sinope.

Contrary to what everyone is saying Folland isn't unstable, it's just gone through some rp events that weren't very becoming. And there's a ton of animosity between Folland Sinope because of Sinope's stance against it and all of the anti-government rhetoric Sinope has been spewing for months now, as well as the unknown fact that Folland's previous ambassador to Sinope was assassinated presumably by Sinope, but that isn't an In Character fact.

530Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Wed May 28, 2014 5:14 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

In The News Today;

New Dawn for Folland, Sinope.
After months upon months of provocative rhetoric, economic sanctions, and downtrodden relations, even to the point of ceasing altogether, Folland and the Sinope Republic have reached a mutual understanding following a meeting in Torshia between Prime Minister Panin and Doge Diogenes. After a two day meeting between the two leaders, formal relations have been reinstated and tensions between the two are slowly dying down. A new era of peace between the two in the near future, however, remains uncertain as much work is left to be done in order to build this shaky new friendship. But to the average joe of Folland though, they are just happy to have the name calling to stop. And to think, all this was achieved without a war.

Folland Offers APC's. Kuyrut Orders Brand New Instead
Just recently the Follandan Government wishing to bridge the gap even further between Folland and Kuyrut, offered the Kuyrutian Government a number of used Taurus Infantry Fighting Vehicles used by the Follandan Military for years. Surprisingly Kuyrut showed interest in the deal, however instead issued a desire for brand new models instead, in order to update their current arsenal of aging vehicles. The Follandan Government agreed to the request and Kuyrut officially placed an order for 100 vehicles with Syndicated Defense Industries, the Defense Contractor who develops the Taurus. The purchase will cost Kuyrut $465 Million Sents.

Folland Completely Withdraws, Malo On It's Own
After pulling out the last of the expeditionary force, Folland has now completely withdrawn from the Kingdom of Malo after two years of operations against the Militant groups who had been at war with Malo since the Great Adonian War. Folland first entered the country in 2012 after the Militants attempted to steal radioactive material from Folland in hopes of weaponizing it, but instead detonated it as a dirty bomb on Follandan soil after being caught. The attack prompted the invasion weeks later. Two years later the militants had all been eradicated and the need for Follandan soldiers overseas has gone away. However with the fighting force gone, what will this mean for Malo's security?

*Peak Mist Becomes Number One Soft Drink Brand
Drinkers of Peak Mist rejoice, for you are now drinking the most favored brand of soda in Folland. Popularity for the citrus soda brand had skyrocketed in the past months, jumping sales to new highs making Peak Mist the most grossing product in the market compared with other Soft Drinks. This good news also comes with the bad as health activists have been using this fact in their war against childhood obesity, claiming the near obsessive behavior toward Soda is harming the populace, and playing a major factor in health decline of children and young adults.

*Cookies to whoever guesses which brand i'm parodying*

531Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Wed May 28, 2014 5:26 pm

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)

Well there are 500 miet troops there :p also it is a sultanate not kingdom

532Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Wed May 28, 2014 6:22 pm

SimEmirate

SimEmirate
Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)

Sierra Mist. Give me my cookie. Razz

533Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Wed May 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Sierra Mist. Give me my cookie. Follandan Informer - Page 22 253468018

Nnnope but that's actually something I didn't think of. It fits. lol But there's another.

534Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Wed May 28, 2014 8:19 pm

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

The dewwwww (mountain dew)

535Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Wed May 28, 2014 10:55 pm

Carl

Carl

You and soda consumption.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

536Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Wed May 28, 2014 11:31 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

DO THE DEW NAIK.

Follandan Informer - Page 22 Chocolate_cookies

537Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Wed May 28, 2014 11:36 pm

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

YUSH

538Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Sat May 31, 2014 4:13 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

In The News Today;

Follandan Informer - Page 22 Fusion%20reactor

Folland Appropriates Billions For Energy
On the small island of Terol out in the Rites Sea, seemingly unknown to the world who doesn't closely examine the world map, Scientists, Engineers and Technicians toil away with one of the world's most advanced pieces of machinery ever conceived to date. The Okanamapi Reactor Complex is a dedicated Research and Development center built fourteen years ago under secrecy on the Island of Terol with the sole purpose of developing a practical and operational Nuclear Fusion Reactor. Over the years the project was declassified to the public as it began to show promising results, but is still far from producing a sufficient reaction. Informer Press were allowed a limited tour of the complex last week to see the inner daily workings of the facility but several sections were off limits due to security reasons. 

"This used to be a top secret facility." said Jorgan Brenson, Chief Project Lead. "Even though the public knows about us we still treat this as a sensitive workplace. You can imagine the kinds of people who would want to sabotage this place."

Doctor Brenson's words weren't hollow. Not only were the Press extensively searched but the entire complex is surrounded by security walls, search lights and even has a detachment of the Army's 5th Mechanized Infantry Division stationed nearby. You could say the area of the island that houses the facility is a bonafide fortress, but one can see why when the future solution to the world's expanding energy crisis is public knowledge.

Chrisi Gilbertson, Informer News.

539Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Sat May 31, 2014 4:41 pm

Agunter999

Yeh I have heard of Nuclear Fusion and it sounds very promising Razz

540Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:08 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

In The News Today;

Follandan Informer - Page 22 Folland%20rites%20sea%20territorial%20waters
Political Analysts depiction of Folland's new maritime borders in the Rites.

Hinali Serious About Rites Sea Sphere of Influence
The world merely shook their heads in disbelief when Folland announced an extension of its territorial waters to encompass the majority of the Rites Sea. Well, they're serious about it. The Follandan Navy has already begun patrolling the Rites Sea in accordance to the new established borders, even if they aren't internationally recognized yet. These borders though won't interfere with standard commercial shipping, says Hinali, not wanting to affect the economy in any way. Conspiracy theorists claim this move was made in order to keep foreign ships far away from the Okanamapi Islands, of which are claimed to be the locations of many secret Follandan projects. One example of a "secret project" is Folland's experimental Nuclear Fusion research facility on the island of Terol, which was declassified to the public, even though it's not so sinister.

541Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:32 pm

SimEmirate

SimEmirate

This reminds me a lot of the current disputes between China and it's neighbors Razz

542Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:29 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

I'm pretty sure we, or you (I don't remember when I left), agreed only waters within 50 miles or something within a country's land territory is accepted as the country's water territory. Something like that, anyway. Razz

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

543Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:55 am

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I agree with what Stan said, I think you're seriously overreaching Mike and there's DEFINITELY going to be some issues. Razz

544Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:25 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Ehhhhhh bigger stick...

I shall not confirm nor deny any malicious intent regarding this sphere of influence claim.  Cross 

I'm not impeding trade or access to international waters. I'm just, securing an area of interest.

545Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:41 am

Kisa Atsuko

Kisa Atsuko
Member (Sundanesia)
Member (Sundanesia)

I think Folland on to something in that area Razz

Anyway I agree too with Stan, since you might just blocked some international oceans with those claims:P

546Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:02 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Kisa wrote:since you might just blocked some international oceans with those claims:P

Mike wrote:I'm not impeding trade or access to international waters.

547Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:18 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

BREAKING NEWS

Terol Island Assaulted, Casualties in Dozens

Information is scarce however we at the Informer know that in the early hours of June 10th the Nuclear Fusion Research Facility on Terol island was attacked by a small group of unknown Naval Vessels that broke Folland's maritime border. The island came under sudden attack by what appeared to be Warships in a surprise assault that included armed helicopters. The Research facility sustained severe damage and both the civilian personnel and Military security force suffered numerous casualties before ships from the Follandan Navy responded and engaged the attackers. We have confirmation that one Follandan Frigate was heavily damaged and sunk just off the coast of the island while most of the attacking ships were sunk, the rest fleeing from the region.

How these ships managed to get so close without arousing suspicion remains unknown.

What this means for the near future remains unclear as the Military is scrambling to Terol island to secure it, assess the damage and treat the wounded. It is also unclear where the hostile warships originated from, but it is clear that this unprovoked attack will undoubtedly lead to War.

Meanwhile a large force of the Folland 1st Fleet under the Carrier Cathleen has moved into a defensive formation around the island. The rest have been reported to be deployed in defensive formations at the mouth of Kyra Bay, the water access to Hinali.

548Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:25 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Dang, dude. I can't even think of a formal response right now. Crazy.

Mitron has raised it's military to high alert in the wake of this attack on Folland.

I'm not even sure if we want to offer a formal alliance with you right now. Razz

549Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:57 pm

Carl

Carl

Scotch Moen wrote:
Kisa wrote:since you might just blocked some international oceans with those claims:P

Mike wrote:I'm not impeding trade or access to international waters.

Well with that attack now, of course trade in the region would be impeded...

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

550Follandan Informer - Page 22 Empty Re: Follandan Informer Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:50 am

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Shayden condemns the attack and hopes that more is revealed in the future. Shayden also does not support the maritime annexation Folland has committed itself to, and feels that the nation needs to reconsider that decision.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum