The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Satellite | Dantanaean Confederation

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Satellite | Dantanaean Confederation Empty Satellite | Dantanaean Confederation Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:55 am

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

Current Map: the satellite map seems to have vanished otherwise I'd have used it, so instead the political map:
Satellite | Dantanaean Confederation Political_map_v2Adonia

And here where the desert and mountains should be (red dots are volcanoes):
Satellite | Dantanaean Confederation Political_map_v2Adonia-desert-mountains

So I ask for a middle height mountain range (mostly 2000-2500m) to be added in the southwest of Dantanaea and a mountain range along the southeast coast of Dantanaea (mostly 2500-3000m, with one top 5055m (a volcano)). Above the first mountain range there should be a desert (Mojave-style).

Given that my nation is somewhat based on Australia and that when you look at a map of Earth you can see that there are lots of deserts around the tropic of cancer and the tropic of capricorn I think it's reasonable to ask for these changes. They were already described in my nation history and when I filed my application and no one seemed to oppose or react negatively to that.

2Satellite | Dantanaean Confederation Empty Re: Satellite | Dantanaean Confederation Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:09 am

Fox

As your nearest neighbour ... I can see no reason why this wouldn't be reasonable and accept the proposed changes. Looking at the Satellite map I saved it seem to be dense scrub type area where you propose your desert like areas any way. Making it a little drier wouldn't hurt. I would assume that some sort of storm, like a hurricane/cyclone/typhoon would penetrate the Neridea bay area and would rain down on that area though, but perhaps the bay pushes the storm inland and skips your Midland Territories.

3Satellite | Dantanaean Confederation Empty Re: Satellite | Dantanaean Confederation Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:38 am

Qorten

Qorten

Cold sea currents can have an enormous ninfluence on climate and weather. Wink

4Satellite | Dantanaean Confederation Empty Re: Satellite | Dantanaean Confederation Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:01 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I agree with Qorten, I believe when Marsh made this map he took a lot of things into account when setting up the climate zones, I don't think we should go messing with that. I would approve of this if the desert was smaller and between the mountains.

http://www.usnw.net

5Satellite | Dantanaean Confederation Empty Re: Satellite | Dantanaean Confederation Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:06 pm

Qorten

Qorten

Well, if it's really needed to be smaller, cut off the northern part and add some of the desert to the east so there's a small stretch of desert reaching the east coast, just above the river. I would prefer to have my proposal be the way I proposed it of course but if really needed...

6Satellite | Dantanaean Confederation Empty Re: Satellite | Dantanaean Confederation Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:15 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Approved.

http://www.usnw.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum