The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Proposal | Adoption of a Standard Assembly Procedure

+8
Agunter999
Jack
City_Master
alerules22
Jon
Carl
Juls
Chip
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

A PROPOSAL
FOR
STANDARDIZED ASSEMBLY PROCEDURE
PROPOSED BY
THE DELEGATION FROM THE KINGDOM OF TRENTANNIA

Table of Contents:
       I.            Introduction
   II.            Speaker of the International Assembly
III.            Proposal Stage
IV.            Voting Stage
Introduction:
This amendable code addresses the manner in which legislation is presented to the International Assembly of the United Sovereign Nations, the manner in which it is debated, the manner in which it is voted upon, and the circulation and storage of the legislation thereafter. The Kingdom of Trentannia would like to present this proposal.
Speaker of the International Assembly:
[Section 1]: The speaker of the International Assembly of the United Sovereign Nations shall be the democratically elected Chancellor.
[Section 2]: The speaker shall administer these procedures and ensure their following during all stages of debate and voting.
        i.            The speaker shall oversee the debate of legislation and shall choose if and when to send the legislation to the voting chamber.
      ii.            The speaker shall oversee the vote.
[Section 3]: The speaker will thus moderate the chamber in which all debates and voting take place to protect the rights of those therein.
[Section 4]: The speaker shall be responsible for summing, recording, and publishing the result of each vote that takes place in the Assembly chamber.
[Section 5]: The speaker shall be required to provide proof of each recorded vote if requested.
[Section 6]: The speaker may delegate these responsibilities to an assistant that he may choose.
[Section 7]: The term speaker shall hereafter refer to the Chancellor or his/her proxy.

Proposal Stage:
[Section 1]: The title of the proposal shall be appropriately named and posted.
[Section 2]: The language of the proposal should be clear and appropriately formatted.
[Section 3]: Content of proposal should be clear and should adequately cover the topic.
[Section 4]: The proposal should be given open discussion and adequate time for debate.
[Section 5]: The proposal should be put to vote at the discretion of the speaker but should be put to vote as soon as a general consensus concerning the proposal has been reached.
Voting Stage:
[Section 1]: The speaker shall call the resolution to vote.
[Section 2]: Each national delegation gets one vote.
[Section 3]: Each national delegation should state its vote in a clear manner as to be recorded by the speaker.
[Section 4]: Quorum of at least 1/2 of the membership should be reached by the end of this stage, if that is not the case the vote shall be repeated.
[Section 5]: Bills, acts, resolutions, measures, codes, and statutes should reach a voting majority, 51%, before being approved by the speaker.
[Section 6]: Amendments to the Articles should reach a voting majority of 66% before being approved by the speaker.
[Section 7]: Following the passage of a bill, the bill should be allocated its appropriate number and label and sent to the Chancellor for review based on the terms located in the Charter of Government

Last edited by Chip on Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.usnw.net

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

Thanos Plevris: The Sinope Republic supports this proposal.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Losolyn Laagan: The Confederation of Asmiriva supports this proposal.

Carl

Carl

Tanaka Yukimura: The Imperial Kingdom of Okaiken supports the proposal entirely.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

Maximilian Carrillo Villagómez: The Republic of Insulo supports this proposal.

---

Abigail Watts: The Confederation of Kaskaskia supports this proposal.

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

Fernando Hojaldre Jiménez: The United Oxacmelan States are entirely for the passing of this proposal.

Elena Witsch de Burgos: The Baliscan Republic greatly supports this proposal.

City_Master

City_Master
Member (Septentria)
Member (Septentria)

Louise Ammon: The Federal Republic of Septentria supports this proposal.

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

The Acadian delegation supports this proposal.

The Valessian delegation supports this proposal.

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

The Federated Republic of Calibria approves this proposal.

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)

Anya von Scharloton: Bergenstein would request that a vote should last a minimum of 24 hours to allow those of different timezones to vote in each proposal.

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

Arne Martz: The Bruellan Federation supports this proposal in its entirety.

((That isn't how it works Agunter. IC, the delegates are all together at USN HQ.))

Agunter999

((Yes will but are we in the same timezone no while you yks vote I sleep))

Jon

Jon

Agunter999 wrote:Anya von Scharloton: Bergenstein would request that a vote should last a minimum of 24 hours to allow those of different timezones to vote in each proposal.

RepublicMaster wrote:Arne Martz: The Bruellan Federation supports this proposal in its entirety.

((That isn't how it works Agunter. IC, the delegates are all together at USN HQ.))

Agunter999 wrote:((Yes will but are we in the same timezone no while you yks vote I sleep))

((His request was originally made as an OOC comment, which I believe was the correct way to make the request, but that was deleted by another admin.

His concern is legitimate and is something we should consider in a matter so crucial to the manner in which the union functions.))

Blakeway4 wrote:*Whispering to Arne Martz* Thanos Plevris: Von Scharloton smoked some good one... *Chuckles*

This post was not appropriate, nor was it at all conductive to the IC discussion. It has been deleted, and you can consider this a warning that further remarks of this kind may result in administrative action.

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

Jon wrote:((His request was originally made as an OOC comment, which I believe was the correct way to make the request, but that was deleted by another admin.

His concern is legitimate and is something we should consider in a matter so crucial to the manner in which the union functions.))

(( Indeed, making the request a second time as IC comment makes it definitive. What's IC stays IC, even if it's technically inappropriate. His comment was out of place IC, but he did it. The IC comment is still there. My comment was legitimate ICly. You're in the same room, a person talks about delaying voting procedure to allow for everyone with different timezones to vote, what would be your reaction? Funny lads Razz))

Jon wrote:

This post was not appropriate, nor was it at all conductive to the IC discussion. It has been deleted, and you can consider this a warning that further remarks of this kind may result in administrative action.

(( OOC intervention in IC matter, kden. whatever. ))

Trevy

Trevy
Member (New Terrance)
Member (New Terrance)

Kate Nichols: The Republic of New Terrance supports the adoption of this proposal. I also think we should consider it common courtesy for the Speaker to announce Quorum before each election.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

We need to give time to figure this stuff out, if somebody does something "stupid" or "wrong" IC it doesn't need to stay canon. That's a really bad rule in my opinion. We're trying to have fun, not worry about our every action.

Agunter999

((OOC:Look I just want the chance to vote out of principle (this also applies for Dan in Russia's timezone) out of democratic right to do so. Therefore I request an official amendment))

Carl

Carl

((Shouldn't stuff be in the floor for a day? I think that voting on it for a few hours is plain impossible, as almost everyone here had either a job, a school or a sleep to be dealt with.))

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

((I was the one that deleted Agunter's first post, but Jon is right, I was mistaken when I deleted the comment from Agunter the first time, I messaged Agunter about it. I honestly was so tired when I did it my brain didn't even register the fact that it was in italics or the fact that I should have just put it in italics for him if it wasn't in the first place.

Fictionally speaking, I think an amendment to this law requiring a voting period longer than 24 hours is fictionally unrealistic. There's no way it would take 24 hours, in a real chamber with people, to vote on something. So, I think the best thing to do is leave this law as it is, this is just my opinion. While the concern is most definitely legitimate, I think the admins know how long the appropriate voting period should be on all matters, not necessarily just International Assembly, but Chamber of Members and other votes as well. SO, I am going to remove the part of Section 4 under the Voting Stage article that mentions that votes cannot last longer than 24 hours. I don't think any kind of reference to a multiday voting period is realistic and therefore shouldn't be in a role-play law where everyone is there together, fictionally. Also, as an offering of comfort for myself and Agunter to ensure everyone has a fair chance to vote, but not a ridiculous allotment of time is given to any one vote, I am going to propose a voting periods law in the Chamber of Members for us to discuss and debate OOC that will affect all chambers, elections, and votes.

Also, admin action like what I did or what Jon did will have to happen. We don't mean it meanly, and you're not going to get kicked or banned for talking the wrong way in the wrong place. But we are trying to make this more fun by making certain areas of the site role-play and certain areas of the site strictly not role-play. If your messages are deleted, you will be informed. For example, I messaged Agunter and told him his post had been deleted due to its format (even though I was wrong) and told him if he could word the request in a role-play manner then he could; Jon decided to post in the thread. Either way, any site you go on has moderation to ensure certain posts are in the right area. We have to remember that this is a website, not just a community club or a game. Things need to remain organized.))

Carl

Carl

((Um, this thing needs some moving))

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

((I am completely lost when it comes to this.))

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

Agunter999

((I am also still going to campaign for the minimum of the 24 minimum time limit))

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum