The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Enforcement of the Standard Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Enforcement of the Standard Rules on Thu May 29, 2014 6:20 pm

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
This is for every admin. Jon, Carl, Kurt.

I, and fellow members agree, that the community has been degrading for some time now and it's reached a point where I am personally fed up with it. We as a community have standard rules of Etiquette that not only cover the forum but I believe should encompass the forum's Skype Room. The Community Rules of Etiquette are continuously violated and ignored on the basis of, and I quote, for "freedom of speech" and "idc". Yes I understand how important freedom of speech is but when that right is abused in order to violate our rules of etiquette then that freedom is suddenly bastardized and shouldn't come in the way of the extent of our rules and it's enforcement.

I'm motioning to the Admins to actively seek out and enforce these rules so people aren't degraded anymore. Members are continuously demeaned and cast aside for ideas or opinions they have about their nations. We as a community are obligated to help members and provided positive constructive criticism when ideas conflict with the community's canon. We as a community are NOT obligated to belittle a member for their conflicting ideas, tell them to deal with it or accuse them of being unrealistic. 

I recognize that we should give every member chances to shine and grow. Everyone has potential and can offer this community beneficial contributions. But we CANNOT sit aside and let members disregard the rules and get away with it because they're integral to the group or have been with us for a long time or any other reason. The rules must be enforced on ALL. And even if I have violated a rule here or there I am willing to accept the consequence. But I FULLY expect and demand others to be the same way if they choose to be a part of our community. 

We have standards for our community. I expect them to be upheld.

View user profile http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

2 Re: Enforcement of the Standard Rules on Thu May 29, 2014 7:03 pm

SimEmirate

Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)
Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)
That's not funny, at all.

View user profile

3 Re: Enforcement of the Standard Rules on Thu May 29, 2014 7:50 pm

I saw what happened at the chat room earlier (sorry I had a sudden business appointment when that thing happened) and from all of this, I am not happy with how the both sides dealt with the situation. You all have to know that there are points that we would have to act professionally and are times where we would have a casual talk. But when that member asked a professional question, it should be the task of all USNW members to help the person out and move the casual talk to the other chatroom or in PMs. The purpose of the USNW Skype chatroom is to help out with roleplay stuff and to suggest improvement to other members, not a place where you could shoot down someone's idea, call insults, and then make a reason of "freedom of speech" and "idc". The USNW Chat room is not that place where everything is permitted, as it is sanctioned by concerned members and it is controlled like the forums.

I don't want to see the incident again, or you guys will receive appropriate action from me or the admins.

View user profile http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

4 Re: Enforcement of the Standard Rules on Thu May 29, 2014 8:00 pm

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
(sorry I had a sudden business appointment when that thing happened)

Real Life Syndrome strikes again.

Appreciate it Carl. I've probably been a violator of the Rules myself a few times. I apologize for that if it's really true. Kinda wish the Skype Room was more like the ST chat where Moderators had better powers.

View user profile http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

5 Re: Enforcement of the Standard Rules on Thu May 29, 2014 8:16 pm

Juls

Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)
ST Chat roflmao, yeah let's just kick whoever says "mooo" or talk about important stuff and not just little kids stuff

Also, censorship, you meanies, removing my posts ;( I'm a victim here, ok? like ugh like u guise r so mean

View user profile

6 Re: Enforcement of the Standard Rules on Thu May 29, 2014 8:20 pm

alerules22

Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)
Yeah, let's make the Skype chat controlled by fascists Very Happy

View user profile http://www.usnw.net

7 Re: Enforcement of the Standard Rules on Thu May 29, 2014 8:21 pm

stanislavsoltys

Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)
Sounds good to me, Agus. Smile

View user profile http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

8 Re: Enforcement of the Standard Rules on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:15 pm

Chris

Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)
I would like to apologize, also, because I have not always followed the rules. I do, however, voice my support for stricter monitoring of the Skype chatroom. I will also accept any consequences that come my way.

View user profile

9 Re: Enforcement of the Standard Rules on Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:56 am

You might find this relevant, per xkcd

View user profile

10 Re: Enforcement of the Standard Rules on Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:22 am

Juls

Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)
But Joe 90...

And...
Whoever you are man, you're not a member of this community, therefore as much as your little comic might be "relevant", your opinion isn't. There are rules in USNW, which are more or less respected, established forum rules, you know, that built this community amongst other set of rules such as the bylaws. There's an administrative system which has obligations towards those bylaws. As far as you obviously don't know or haven't noticed, this is a matter that concerns USNW members only. As much as I'll look like a lovely asshole for telling you this, I accept this lovely oh so not judgmental and moralist label. It's not because some people are too thick, butthurt and stubborn that other people have to get kicked out for stating opinions and criticism. Plus, that's now how it works here.

Now, to the melodramatic lads, I've violated the rules numerous times. I still am Wink On the other hand, all those who complained are also violating the rules as well. So frankly, the rules apply only when it matters to you but not the other times? Speaking of "justice", give me a break with "enforcement of standard rules" and stop being bloody hypocrites.

View user profile

11 Re: Enforcement of the Standard Rules on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:13 am

Well apparently some people do, because this thread exists. And I can see why, since while my opinion may not matter to you, that is no reason to ridicule me simply for not being a USNW member (NB: Validity of Opinions of Non-Members is not covered in the rules, bylaws, or charter).

Nice of you to mention the rules as well, since they don't appear to apply to you. If the disciplinary process you kindly outlined actually worked, a self-confessed repeat-offender such as yourself should be prescribed an enforced holiday. And then you have the gall to call those attempting to have those rules applied 'hypocrites'.

No wonder unions are all but extinct, when this is the welcome committee you get  Skeptical

View user profile

12 Re: Enforcement of the Standard Rules on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:27 am

Willem

Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)
Joe 90 wrote:should be prescribed an enforced holiday.

That sounds like a plan.

View user profile

13 Re: Enforcement of the Standard Rules on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:08 am

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)
Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)
Willem wrote:
Joe 90 wrote:should be prescribed an enforced holiday.

That sounds like a plan.

City break or week in the sun, or even if you want a snowy holiday Razz

(In all fairness as mentioned before I say lets all go to TIROL)

On a serious note, the reason that unions are dying is for the exact reason people. Humans in my opinion just cannot get along and we never will, it is all doomed to fail Razz

View user profile

14 Re: Enforcement of the Standard Rules on Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:49 pm

Guess what Juls. I care for the union. You guys are rude towards new visitors. Learn how to deal with people in a nice way.

I'm locking the thread.

View user profile http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum