The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Passed | Creation of a NPC committee

+8
Scotch Moen
Carl
City_Master
Kurt
Agunter999
Willem
alerules22
Juls
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Support the proposal?

Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Pollle10100%Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Pollri10 100% [ 9 ]
Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Pollle100%Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Pollle100%Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:49 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

Hello people,
It is time to finally manage and decide how will be the NPCs, and what they will become.
Thus, there should be a NPC committee to do that job and deal with eventual problems related to RP with NPC.

CLICK HERE FOR NPC COMMITTEE PROPOSED RULES AND PROCEDURE

Note that I don't really consider this as a proposal but more like an administrative formality since it's absolutely needed.

Humbly, I'd like to be in this committee, if created. I've already started to work on some vital NPC stuff and Adonian-wide stuff that USNW lacked so far, like the language map, the Adonia Koppen Climate Map (which I need to revise anyways), the Sea Currents of Adonia map (needs to be revised also), the Map of Adonia with latitudes (even if that wasn't a big deal at all), Tectonic plates map and the most important Adonia Languages Map.

Last edited by Blakeway4 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total

2Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:53 pm

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

I think the members for the committee should be divided in the following way:

1 member for Euphemia,
1 member for Itzamna and the Xteplaan Islands,
4 members for Althena;
(1 for Northwestern Althena, 1 for Southwestern Althena, 1 for Central Althena (Kabier Area), 1 for Eastern Althena (and Cilician Islands).)
1 Member for Neridea and Carreon (and Northern Althenan/Neridean Islands).

http://www.usnw.net

3Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:55 pm

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

I support this. Can we nominate members? Wink

4Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:02 pm

alerules22

alerules22

i think we should be able too, i really like this idea...

But in my opinion, members should be voted upon and nominated as well sooo Very Happy pleases everyone

5Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:40 am

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)
Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)

I would ailso like to be on the committee, well I have fixed and have another version in progress of the languages map. I also have a great interest in different nations i mean look at bergs different bits. I will say though that I am mainly interested in euroean stuff.

6Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:41 am

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Also I ask the continent someone represents is the continent their nation is on/based on. I would nominate the following:

- I would be interested in being the Euphemian Member, though I won't nominate myself.
- Agus for Itzamna and the Xteplaan Islands
- Juls, Will/Jon, Carl, and Dejon for Althena.
- Trevy for Neridea and Carreon (and Northern Althenan/Neridean Islands)

7Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:44 am

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

I second Kurt's nomination, it was my exact thoughts. Smile

8Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:01 am

City_Master

City_Master
Member (Septentria)
Member (Septentria)

I third Kurt's nominations. Very Happy

9Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:41 pm

alerules22

alerules22

I fourth it? haha, I nominate you Kurt for Euphemia Razz.

Though we could also nominate city-master for Neridea-Carreon, he seems like he would know what to do as well! Smile

10Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:22 pm

Carl

Carl

I support this idea!

I also support Kurt's nominations.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

11Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:15 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

alerules22 wrote:I think the members for the committee should be divided in the following way:

1 member for Euphemia,
1 member for Itzamna and the Xteplaan Islands,
4 members for Althena;
(1 for Northwestern Althena, 1 for Southwestern Althena, 1 for Central Althena (Kabier Area), 1 for Eastern Althena (and Cilician Islands).)
1 Member for Neridea and Carreon (and Northern Althenan/Neridean Islands).

I have to disagree. I think the committee should work with consensus. Imagine the following situation (simply hypothetical):

Person #1 develops a NPC in Euphemia. She's proud of it, she worked hard on it. She shows it to everyone, look guys, this NPC's fine.
Person #2 in the committee says no, says that it's total shiet and is totally unrealistic. Person #2 proves her point with facts and logic, but person #1 doesn't care about person #2's opinion because person #1 worked too hard on this NPC and she is responsible in the committee for Euphemia so she has all rights.

Drama.

So yeah, Option Juls: teamwork & consensus
or Option Divide: fractionated work & potential troubles

that's my position here.

12Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:12 pm

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

I can see your point. Razz

I think, keep the same, people, just remove the jurisdictions.

13Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:18 pm

alerules22

alerules22

I guess, that seems like a nice idea Smile

14Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:00 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

One world order ftw-err i mean one world committee ftw!

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

15Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:14 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

This seems fine, although we need to lay out specifics as to how this will operate, what powers it will have, how many members it will have, etc.

I'm assuming the elections will work the same way as the Cartographic committee, and that would be fine with me.

I'd also suggest we get rid of the the Head of DNPA position with this proposal too, since this basically would make the position pointless. Not to mention the fact that we haven't even been electing people for that position even though it technically exists, so it's been vacant for some time.

16Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:08 pm

alerules22

alerules22

I agree with you Jon, I could work with Juls to create the specifics Very Happy

17Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:33 pm

alerules22

alerules22

Let's bring this back up for conversation!!!

18Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:41 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I think this is a great idea. You could set up the law similar to the way we set of the cartographic committee. I like the idea of a person representing a portion of the world. Perhaps, as was suggested, you could have a representative from Euphemia, etc.  but that person representing wouldn't have power over the area their from. The committee would still work together, it would just have a representative from each area.

19Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:53 pm

alerules22

alerules22

Yes, the committee would need to vote on the issues and work together for the NPCs, but they could have veto powers over decisions on their areas

20Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:33 am

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

That's also I good idea, I like that a representative would be able to veto actions directed toward their constituencies. Also, it might be an idea that each area would elect its representative instead of the union itself electing the representatives.

21Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:06 am

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

So Agus and I came up with the following:

NPC Committee

-Members;

The Non-Player Countries Committee will be composed of five (5) members. There will be one (1) member representing a region of Adonia. As such, each member will have a veto power over his region, meaning that he can temporarily freeze a voting process over a NPC Committee bill, forcing a debate until consensus or majority vote. Members of this committee will not be chosen automatically by the region they have a nation in the union, but rather on personal out-of-character knowledge and expertise, which means that ideally each region will have a member in the region representing it, but it is not necessary.

There will be one representative for each of the following regions:

- Itzamna
- Euphemia
- Western Althena
- Eastern Althena
- Neridea and Carreon

-Powers;
The NPC Committee will hold the following powers over NPCs:

- Decide upon coat of arms and flag design;
- Decide upon economics;
- Decide upon political system;
- Decide upon culture and languages;
- Decide upon basic society and demographics;
- Decide upon naming in general (i.e. nation name, leaders, cities);
- Voting ability, and veto capability.

-Obligations;
The NPC Committee will hold and must complete the following obligations:

- Provide basic information and statistics for each NPC;
(Through proper wiki infobox and basic information)

-Voting Procedure;
Members will fulfill their obligations for their respective region while remaining completely transparent with the rest of the NPC Committee. After a NPC is completed, if there is a minimum of one (1) objection, the NPC will be put to vote by the Committee. If there is no objection, the NPC will be automatically approved and presented to the rest of the union.

If a member completely disagrees on the matter, he can veto the voting procedure, which would be freezed for debate.

In case of a veto, members will be forced to freeze the vote and debate for a period of minimum one day, whereas each member will have to express their opinion. Following this period of time, a vote will be held and a simple majority will settle the question.

In case of proposed NPC by a USNW member not part of the NPC Committee, the same voting system will apply on that NPC as a NPC from a Committee member.

Last edited by Blakeway4 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

22Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:08 am

City_Master

City_Master
Member (Septentria)
Member (Septentria)

Looks good to me, although maybe the NPCs on Carreon and in the Cilician Ocean could be represented as one region? There's a fair few island nations (and some Septentrian Territories) that should be represented. Razz

23Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:19 pm

Carl

Carl

Looks great Smile

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

24Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:52 am

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

City_Master wrote:Looks good to me, although maybe the NPCs on Carreon and in the Cilician Ocean could be represented as one region? There's a fair few island nations (and some Septentrian Territories) that should be represented. Razz

Oceania?

And if you can find 5 people that have the time and motivation, as well as knowledge to do this, then be my guest.

25Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Empty Re: Passed | Creation of a NPC committee Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:58 am

City_Master

City_Master
Member (Septentria)
Member (Septentria)

Well I know that i'd love to create the island nation's wiki, flags and CoAs with a little information on the side. Would give me something to do Razz | Also a couple keys on my laptop don't work anymore, (my enter key) so if anyone needs to contact me best to PM me on the site, I can't respond in skype and I might get it fixed after thursday or friday this week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum