The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Creation of an Adonian Heritage Committee

+2
Chip
Daniel
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Accept this proposal?

Creation of an Adonian Heritage Committee Pollle10100%Creation of an Adonian Heritage Committee Pollri10 100% [ 6 ]
Creation of an Adonian Heritage Committee Pollle100%Creation of an Adonian Heritage Committee Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Creation of an Adonian Heritage Committee Pollle100%Creation of an Adonian Heritage Committee Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Daniel

Daniel

The Imperial Republican Kingdom of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo calls for the creation of an Adonian Heritage Committee (AHC), which, under the oversight of the Ministry of Culture and Events, shall govern the creation of certain sites from around the world as Adonian Heritage Sites, to catalogue the names and preserve the locations of the said sites, which must be of cultural or natural importance to the common heritage of humanity. The selection of the sites shall proceed as follows:

Article I - Nomination
1 ) Participating nations must take an inventory of their significant cultural and natural properties. This inventory shall be called the Tentative List.
1a) No site may be proposed as a Heritage Site unless it is on the Tentative List.
2 ) Participating nations may select any property on their Tentative List to nominate as a potential Adonian Heritage Site.
3 ) Once a nation has sent in the application, the AHC shall first go over the criteria, and then, during its next session, open voting on whether to accept the proposed site as an Adonian Heritage Site.
3a) Voting nations must:
3aA) Not be the nation or nations in whose territory the proposed site is located;
3aB) Be a member of the AHC
3aC) Say when they have voted.
4 ) If nessecary, the AHC may request more information about the site from the nation petitioning for the qualification of the site.
5 ) While each Adonian Heritage Site shall remain the property of the nation or nations in which it is located, it is in the interest of the international community that the AHC has active participation in preserving each site.

ARTICLE II - Criteria
1 ) All potential Heritage Sites must fit at least one of the following criteria.
2 ) The criteria for potential inclusion as an Adonian Cultural Heritage Site are as follows:
2a) It represents a masterpiece of human creative genius
2b) It exhibits an important interchange of human values, over a span of time, or within a cultural area of the world, on developments in architecture or technology, monumental arts, town-planning, or landscape design
2c) It bears a unique or exceptional testimony to a cultural tradition or to a civilization which is living or which has disappeared
2d) It is an outstanding example of a type of building, architectural, or technological ensemble or landscape which illustrates a significant stage in human history
2e) It is an outstanding example of a traditional human settlement, land-use, or sea-use which is representative of a culture, or human interaction with the environment especially when it has become vulnerable under the impact of irreversible change
2f) It is directly or tangibly associated with events or living traditions, with ideas, or with beliefs, with artistic and literary works of outstanding universal significance
3 ) The criteria for potential inclusion as an Adonian Natural Heritage Site are as follows:
3a) It contains superlative natural phenomena or areas of exceptional natural beauty and aesthetic importance
3b) It is an outstanding example representing major stages of Earth's history, including the record of life, significant on-going geological processes in the development of landforms, or significant geomorphic or physiographic features
3c) It is an outstanding example representing significant on-going ecological and biological processes in the evolution and development of terrestrial, fresh water, coastal and marine ecosystems, and communities of plants and animals
3d) It contains the most important and significant natural habitats for in-situ conservation of biological diversity, including those containing threatened species of outstanding universal value from the point of view of science or conservation
4 ) The criteria for potential inclusion as an Adonian Mixed Heritage Site are at least one criterion from the cultural section, and one from the natural section.

ARTICLE II - Categorization
1 ) The categorization of the sites, once they are officially classified as such, shall be as follows:
1a) All sites, upon inclusion, shall be assigned to a continent; and each continent shall have a code consisting of the first two letters of the name of the continent.
1b) All sites, upon inclusion, shall also be assigned an identification number, in order of their inclusion into the list.
1c) If any Heritage Sites, by reason of their nearness to each other, merge into one site, the site formed by the combination shall be assigned a new number, and the numbers of the sites that merged shall be permanently and irreversibly retired.
1d) The resultant code shall consist of the continental code divided by a slash from the identification number.
1e) In the extremely unlikely event of a site spanning two continents, the continental code shall be the code of the continent in which the majority of the territory of the site is located.

ARTICLE III - The Adonian Heritage Committee
1 ) The Adonian Heritage Committee shall be presided over by the Minister of Culture and Events, who shall be elected every six months.
2 ) The Minister shall preside over all meetings of the Adonian Heritage Committee, and shall have two votes, if a tiebreak is needed.
3 ) If the Minister is unable to attend the meeting of the AHC, then he shall choose a person to represent him at the said meeting
4 ) The Minister may be removed from office if impeached in the USNW High Court, in which case an emergency vote shall take place, to replace him.
5 ) The AHC shall convene at least once every month, for the purpose of identifying any possible dangers to existing sites, admitting and discussing the admission of new sites, and delisting old sites if they fail to comply with the rules of conservation applying to all sites

ARTICLE IV - Heritage in Danger
1 ) Cultural Heritage Sites may be considered in danger under the following criteria:
1a) Serious deterioration of:
1aA) Materials
1aB) Structure
1aC) Ornaments
1aD) Architectural coherence
1b) The loss of:
1bA) Historical authenticity
1bB) Cultural significance
1c) Development projects
1d) Armed conflicts
1e) Insufficient management system
1f) Changes in the legal protective status of the property
1g) Gradual changes due to:
1gA) Geology
1gB) Climate
1gC) Environment
2 ) Natural Heritage Sites may be considered in danger under the following criteria:
2a) A serious decline in the population of an endangered or other valuable species or the deterioration of natural beauty or scientific value of a property by:
2aA) Logging
2aB) Pollution
2aC) Human settlement
2aD) Mining
2aE) Agriculture
2aF) Major public works
2b) Development projects
2c) Armed conflicts
2d) Insufficient management system
2e) Changes in the legal protective status of the property
3 ) Under any of the conditions mentioned above, the site may apply for funding, provided by the Union budget, in order to help solve its problems.
3a) It is also recommended for full cooperation with the AHC, to provide even more help with remedying its problems.
4 ) If remidiation attempts fail, the AHC has every right to strip the site of its status as an Adonian Heritage Site.

signed,

Sir John Marshal
Grandian Ambassador to the USNW

Last edited by emperordaniel on Fri May 27, 2011 1:09 pm; edited 5 times in total

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I like this, wonderful proposal.

The Imperial Kingdom of Posillipo will support this proposal in its entirety.

http://www.usnw.net

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Just for the planning pretty much i'm down.

President Narazov will sign this when brought to vote

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

I've actually been considering proposing something like this since COFR, so I'm all in favor.

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

I love this I am truly gratefull someone made this this is great Wink

The Kingdom of Ruteria and the Senate, Chamber of Deputies and The Assembly are looking forward for this and supports this entirely.

Daniel

Daniel

Great!

On a side note, can you, Jon, in your capacity as Chancellor, possibly choose who will be the first Director? Smile

alerules22

alerules22

Me please I would love too Smile

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

would it have to be a full member? If not.... raises hand

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

What if the Minister of Culture and Sports was the head? That would make it easier, instead of having the ministry divided.

alerules22

alerules22

But I want to be Minister of Culture and sports then Smile

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Wait here's an idea actually, kinda union wide but would work here:

We could have ambassadoral members be able to be directors of things. Its like an ISC session and simlympics. The minister can overrule the Director if nescecery but the Director is basically the head guy of this. It means that Ambassadors can get Ministry experience and, despite what looks like them being pretty unused from my forum only perspective, since i'm not on skype, in the long run, it could alleviate some stresses of overworking oneself, like I do sometimes, with sc4.

The elections for Minister of CAS, which, in my opinion, best suits this kind of thing, is this
summer. Smile

emperordaniel wrote:Jon, in your capacity as Chancellor, possibly choose who will be the first Director? Smile
He doesn't have that ability in the Charter.

Jon

Jon

However K50 I am a interim Minister of CAS.

Daniel

Daniel

Will wrote:Wait here's an idea actually, kinda union wide but would work here:

We could have ambassadoral members be able to be directors of things. Its like an ISC session and simlympics. The minister can overrule the Director if nescecery but the Director is basically the head guy of this. It means that Ambassadors can get Ministry experience and, despite what looks like them being pretty unused from my forum only perspective, since i'm not on skype, in the long run, it could alleviate some stresses of overworking oneself, like I do sometimes, with sc4.

I really like this idea Very Happy

The minister of each organization can ask for help. Though I do not like the idea of one single member overruling another, that would require a (very) heated court trial and/or executive decision.

Will you should give Skype a whirl sometime Razz

Daniel

Daniel

Still like Will's idea. Smile

Jon

Jon

Will you should give Skype a whirl sometime

Says the person who never gets on. Razz

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I still think that the Minister should just head this, I don't think we need to create more positions, we already can't fill the ones we have. Let's try not to make this too confusing.

Daniel

Daniel

ok, fine.

so, I guess I have to edit the proposal?

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Do what you want, it's your proposal, I'm just saying I may vote differently depending on how you handle the director.

Daniel

Daniel

Ok, I've edited it, so that the Minister of Culture and Events heads it, but can ask for assistance if nessecary.

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Could you propose a region is listed as such? Like the region of winemaking? or villages for that matter?

Daniel

Daniel

Yes, regions, whole villages, or even whole CITIES (yes, I said cities Razz ) can become heritage sites if they fit at least one of these criteria:

ARTICLE II - Criteria
1 ) All potential Heritage Sites must fit at least one of the following criteria.
2 ) The criteria for potential inclusion as an Adonian Cultural Heritage Site are as follows:
2a) It represents a masterpiece of human creative genius
2b) It exhibits an important interchange of human values, over a span of time, or within a cultural area of the world, on developments in architecture or technology, monumental arts, town-planning, or landscape design
2c) It bears a unique or exceptional testimony to a cultural tradition or to a civilization which is living or which has disappeared
2d) It is an outstanding example of a type of building, architectural, or technological ensemble or landscape which illustrates a significant stage in human history
2e) It is an outstanding example of a traditional human settlement, land-use, or sea-use which is representative of a culture, or human interaction with the environment especially when it has become vulnerable under the impact of irreversible change
2f) It is directly or tangibly associated with events or living traditions, with ideas, or with beliefs, with artistic and literary works of outstanding universal significance
3 ) The criteria for potential inclusion as an Adonian Natural Heritage Site are as follows:
3a) It contains superlative natural phenomena or areas of exceptional natural beauty and aesthetic importance
3b) It is an outstanding example representing major stages of Earth's history, including the record of life, significant on-going geological processes in the development of landforms, or significant geomorphic or physiographic features
3c) It is an outstanding example representing significant on-going ecological and biological processes in the evolution and development of terrestrial, fresh water, coastal and marine ecosystems, and communities of plants and animals
3d) It contains the most important and significant natural habitats for in-situ conservation of biological diversity, including those containing threatened species of outstanding universal value from the point of view of science or conservation
4 ) The criteria for potential inclusion as an Adonian Mixed Heritage Site are at least one criterion from the cultural section, and one from the natural section.

In the case of a winemaking region, it would probably fit 2e best, but if you find any other criteria, that's even better... btw, you only need ONE criterion to be a potential site. Smile

Oh, and you should have a Tentative List in your CJ or somewhere once this gets passed, since only places on the Tentative List can get accepted... it (the list) only has to have names, so you can keep the pics a suprise Wink

Oh, and it looks like this might require a subforum in the Ministry of Culture and Sports forum... is that possible?

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

2e or 2c, and depending on how I end up doing it, maybe 2b.

Sounds good to me, when it goes to vote, Its got my thumbs up Smile

Daniel

Daniel

Just in case you misunderstood me... it can have 2b, 2c, AND 2e, if you want Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum