The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Replaced | United Southern Islands & Territories

+6
Trevy
Carl
Jack
kj34
Kurt
Chris
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

1. My flag as of right now, that was the best I could think of, and I made in paint, so it's probably going to need some work. Razz
Replaced | United Southern Islands & Territories Q2PNl61
2. My coat of arms, which like my flag, is subject to change. It was made in paint, it's supposed to be a sword in front of a red star with a gold background.
Replaced | United Southern Islands & Territories Asj3Qnt\
3. I would like to be in the area of Adonia somewhere off the coast of Neridea first and foremost, or somewhere between Itzamna & Neridea. I would like to name my islands something like "Southern" "Northern" "Western" or something like that, although I could come up with a more original name if possible. I circled my preferred location off the coast of Neridea.
Replaced | United Southern Islands & Territories FcjMid4
4. Sadly, I don't have many pictures of my SC4 creations. Because I only recently thought of making a city journal on Simtropolis, I only have pictures of my first colony I started. It's just a little farming settlement at the moment. There was one time when I did make a skyscraper city, however besides that I've only gotten medium density apartments and medium-rise buildings.

A link to my imgur, where I have 10 photos I took of my new settlement: http://uninja12.imgur.com/all/
Sorry but I really don't have any photos. Crying

Here's my region I made last night. I terraformed it by hand going into each SC4 city and using the tools. The blank spots are flat land, I just don't have photoshop to actually make a greyscale photo.
Replaced | United Southern Islands & Territories 2oqMnBc

5. a. The history of the United Islands & Territories:
Long ago the ancient Ohca tribe lived on these islands. They lived fruitfully of the native fruits and the fertile land and resources. However, for some reason unbeknownst to this day, their abusive chief simply just took everyone, and sailed across the ocean. It is unknown where, or if, they landed at all. Ever since then the island has been uninhabited, until a private explorer, named Réné Beaumont, came across the island while in his private jet, and decided to settle it. All there is now is the greater settlement, Beaumont. It is mostly farming right now, but that's just so it can become self-sufficient, food-wise.
b. The population, at the moment, is ~5,000. But that is expected to grow exponentially as the island is settled. It will most likely have a very diverse population. Of course, the native Beaumonts will be dominant, but it is considered a melting pot, with nearly wide open immigration laws.
c. The government of the United Islands & Territories is democratic. They have a legislature, a chancellor, and a court system. (Psst, just to save words, it's based on the US govt)
d. The economy, at the moment, is dominantly agricultural. Now, depending on how the region builds up, it won't stay that way. Most likely commerce, trade, tourism (it's quite nice here), and non-polluting industry will be the backbone, with other things supporting those.
6. About me: I'm 15, I like sports, I played Simcity a lot when I was younger, but I'd always run into debt. Back in, May I believe, I actually bought the game (previously I had borrowed it from the local library) and I really said "Let's try to make a great metropolis" and I haven't done that yet. I really like regions where you can have coastlines & seaports, and also some rivers to build bridges on, and I suppose mountains too. Maybe somebody could help me make a region some other way besides terraforming each individual city, but I won't ask too much! I haven't really made a huge amazing region, but I'm willing to.
Other games I play are Minecraft, and don't laugh, but Pokemon too. I suppose that's all, you guys will get to know this amazing organism (just kidding) a lot more if you accept my application.

-That's all, hope you accept me!-

Last edited by UndercoverNinja12 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Hi, welcome to the USNW site! At the moment, I don't think your application is ready for vote quite yet. I would be more than happy to help you set up your app if you'd like! Smile
Just send me a PM if you want my help. C:

Last edited by Kurt on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Sure Kurt, I'll take any help I can get!

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Hey, it's me again. Since you're here, you can call me Kenny.
Glad to see your application. I look forward to seeing how you build your country.
I should have mentioned the need for stats when we were talking.
I think we can waive the pic requirement for now, since you haven't started yet, but when you could, you could post a couple here.

Either way, I'm looking forward to you joining. Smile

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

When you say stats, what do you mean? I have population, I thought that was all we'd need. And take my word for it that I have built some nice medium density cities, I just never took pictures.

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

The setup guide is here. Smile This shows all the required information for an application to be accepted.

Posting pictures of your city is important, however, because it gauges your playing style, where your location should be, and your skill. Wink If we see that you are not ready, we will help you along the way until you are.

If you need any help, just ask! Very Happy I specialize in maps and flags/CoA's, and would be glad to help you.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Mostly I haven't really had a reason to really push myself to make that amazing super full region, but I think that by joining the USNW I could really get that huge region! I'm still trying to figure out mass transit, as I've never had that truly huge metropolis.
I'd say that probably my style (although I'm not sure EXACTLY what you meant) would probably just being that I like to build my big cities on the coast, with lots o' bridges and such on rivers. I've built a few farm cities, as well as suburbs. I've never had a true industrial only city, and I've never used mass transit effectively. I know that's kind of a mess ^ but that's kind of how I am right now. Trying to find my way I think, getting a feel for truly building a great nation.
Oh and I'd say my huge strength is probably building grid style. Razz

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Lol, that could work. Newer developed cities use more of a grid. Also I'll make you out a few borders if you want. Just tell me how large of a nation you want.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Well, I don't want a gigantic nation. I'd say give me the size of a nation that'll keep my occupied, but not for the rest of my life. Like, just draw something up and let me see, we can work from there.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Here's a breakdown of my center of Beaumont (3 2x2 city tiles on the coast is the greater Beaumont settlment)
Replaced | United Southern Islands & Territories 6iYIj8M

Jack

Jack

UndercoverNinja12 wrote:Well, I don't want a gigantic nation. I'd say give me the size of a nation that'll keep my occupied, but not for the rest of my life.
Well, as you will see, you do not have to make a region to represent your entire country and then finish it. Kenny is just very diligent and has been working on the project for a long time. Razz

Also, the region you are choosing is Adonia's Africa. Paradise (presumably) was formed from volcanic eruptions, and has different climates than the rest of the continent. So, if you choose mainland Neridea, you will have an Africa climate. If this is not what you wanted, there is another option in the area.
Replaced | United Southern Islands & Territories 8nnrfiq
Carreon is our Australia. The highlighted country would be a good option for you. In Adonian history, the country just came out of a war with Aquilonia. There is probably some kind of new government in place, and this is where you can come in.

There are plenty of other things you can do, too. You can make a completely new country on the continent, but leave Quechina, make an island nation off the coast of Carreon, or move to a whole other continent. Razz We need to see more pictures to be able to tell.

I labelled the Tropic of Capricorn and the Equator to let you know that if you choose this region, it will have to be tropical. If your nation is not tropical, we have some space in Euphemia, our North America, on the west coast. There is a lot of space in Southwest Althena, our Eastern Europe, for you as well.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I'm narrowing it down to Euphemia or Neridea. Then again I could always do an island country, right? I'd say actually that I kind of would like maybe something of the east coast of Euphemia? Like we could make an island there? Idk something like that is what I was thinking.

Jack

Jack

The East Coast has absolutely no space left. Razz Shayden and Acadia take up all that space. The West Coast has a small region of land with an Washington/Oregon climate.
Replaced | United Southern Islands & Territories CVht3Yr
Still, I would like to stress that pictures are very helpful in determining where your country should be located.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Now I'm not sure if this is a duplicate post, I don't know if my last post sent.

Hm.... I don't want to be picky, but that feels very cramped to me. I forget who it was but I thought somebody said we could make like an island or something? Because I kind of like that idea a little bit, if it's possible. Maybe off the coast of eastern Euphemia?

Jack

Jack

We try to keep it realistic, and you don't see random islands in the Atlantic. Razz There are several islands in our Caribbean, and more space for your country to be added. But, it is tropical. We still need to see more pictures. Wink

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I just started a new city. A dirty, gritty, uneducated city. Smile At least for now it is. I'm going to upload a couple pics of suburbs, and then hopefully a medium rise building in the next couple days. how long do I have?

A couple questions: Are the underlined names on the map taken? And do you show rivers on the map?

Jack

Jack

Great! I look forward to seeing them. Smile

And, yes, the underlined ones are taken. Rivers are up to your imagination! Very Happy You can add rivers wherever you like! Here's an example:
Euphemia Map:

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

My imgur is updated w/ a few more pics.
Tram inbetween one-way roads, along w/ cul-de-sac mod which puts the endpoints of streets in little circles.
Replaced | United Southern Islands & Territories GFp6D0R
Custom BAT or lot (I mix the two up) that I downloaded. There is track in the middle it just doesn't show up.
Replaced | United Southern Islands & Territories UBtmBCn
The tram terminus. I made this city rather quickly, and it's not done yet. To be honest, this is my first time using the tram, but I really like it.
Replaced | United Southern Islands & Territories TbT4mOF
Small suburb I made. Before the cul-de-sac mod was installed correctly.
Replaced | United Southern Islands & Territories JuuAYmw
Replaced | United Southern Islands & Territories IMtutBJ

Jack

Jack

While that is an excellent start, I don't think you are ready. Smile

Look around at some of our other members' pictures:
Spoiler:

I mean this is the nicest of ways, but you are just not ready yet. We will all help you along the way, of course. Anything you need help with, we are here. Very Happy

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Yes. Now granted, I did that in about a half hour to just real quick try to win you guys over Smile And yes, I really do need help. I believe that with other experienced city builders helping me I can do better. I've seen a lot of cj's but I've never real gotten too far in the game. The most I had was a 90k city, but I began to hit traffic problems and the roof caved in on that project.
I do have a lot of BATs/lots to mess around with, I've been working with the RHW & the mass transit and such. I think if I really commit & work, get some help and advice from you guys, and be patient, I can produce the nice stuff like you guys.
I've definitely played this game a lot, I just need to take that next step which I've never done, but I think I can do it. Very Happy

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Also, I was thinking that Squamisha will probably work for a region. Now I have a couple questions too, but I think that's my best option.

Carl

Carl

Hello, Welcome to the USNW! I am Carl, the chancellor of the union. As the members have pointed out, you have a lot of work to do, from the Uber-small flag and COA to the images needing improvement. Don't worry, we'll help you along the way if you do need any. History needs more stuff too.

As for the population, it would be nice if it rises to around 10,000 to 100,000 for a small country (hint: you don't have to use the SC4 population counter, just make up a realistic and believable population.) Also, you need quite a lot of info on the government, not just say "US Government", because it does not exist in the roleplay world Laughing.

About #6: I played pokemon. I have an old ST Avatar where my picture is a Pikachu. Wink Also, in my region, only 2 tiles are filled, if you believe that Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I'll make some additions tmrw Carl. I'm definitely going to need help, and thank you for clarifying a couple things too.

Trevy

Trevy
Member (New Terrance)
Member (New Terrance)

Hey undercover, Im trevy. When I first started playing my cities looked like that. But I found inspiration by looking at simtropolis and other people cities and youtube videos. I found it difficult to make my city grow, it was always poor and ugly and no one ever wanted to move there. With that said I download a multiplier mod and thats all she wrote. Here is a linkhttp://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/21299-super-demand-ordinance/ to one. Maybe it will help. Make sure you use it though. Once you download it and are playing, go to your ordinances and check it. Play around with it, and see how it goes.

Jack

Jack

There are several STEX and LEX files we can list for you to help make your cities better. Smile And, if you look around, most of our cities are made to just be pretty. We use mods for money and demand problems, and a whole lot of eye candy. Razz A lot of it is based off of our own creativity! Wink

I think an admin can move this to the SC4 Discussion Center now, if that's okay with you, UndercoverNinja.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum