The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Passed | Removal of Observership

+5
Sauberbmw
kj34
Jon
Daniel
Kurt
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Accept this proposal?

Passed | Removal of Observership Pollle1080%Passed | Removal of Observership Pollri10 80% [ 8 ]
Passed | Removal of Observership Pollle1020%Passed | Removal of Observership Pollri10 20% [ 2 ]
Passed | Removal of Observership Pollle100%Passed | Removal of Observership Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Passed | Removal of Observership Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Observership has been a topic of discussion for the past few weeks. We have debated and the poll shows that USNW members wish to scrap Observership all-together. I agree with this stance due to people on the fence and becoming full-fledged members at another union while becoming an observer here (I am guilty of this in the past, but I understand now that it was not the right thing to do). USNW isn't taken as seriously due to Observerships, but I feel with some work we could definitely change that. Current Observers will be given a week to decide whether to become a Ambassadorial/Full Member after the bill is passed, and those who fail to do so will be kicked out along with inactive members during the Member Checkpoint to be held a week after the bill has passed. This is the first step to the recovery of USNW, are you ready for this?

Thank you Jon for starting this debate.

Last edited by Kurt on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:02 pm

Daniel

Daniel

I support this, as long as we inform our more active current Observers of the new law. Razz

3Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

I support this.

4Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:38 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

I'm down. Let's cut them.

5Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Kurt wrote:Observership has been a topic of discussion for the past few weeks. We have debated and the poll shows that USNW members wish to scrap Observership all-together. I agree with this stance due to people on the fence and becoming full-fledged members at another union while becoming an observer here (I am guilty of this in the past, but I understand now that it was not the right thing to do). USNW isn't taken as seriously due to Observerships, but I feel with some work we could definitely change that. Current Observers will be given a week to apply for Ambassadorial/Full Membership after the bill is passed, and those who fail to do so will be kicked out along with inactive members during the Member Checkpoint to be held a week after the bill has passed. This is the first step to the recovery of USNW, are you ready for this?

Thank you Jon for starting this debate.

I agree but lets give our most active observers say a month to apply? I personally know how hard it is to apply while balancing RL obligations. All in All I am for it 100%

6Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:54 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

Can we allow observers from unions that allow observers? Razz

I guess I'm fine with this, but I don't want to lose FailWill or Forth.

7Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:58 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I agree but lets give our most active observers say a month to apply? I personally know how hard it is to apply while balancing RL obligations. All in All I am for it 100%[/quote]

I'd say keep it at a week. If someone needs more time, they should PM me then I give them a month. We really need a member checkpoint asap. Razz

8Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:00 pm

Daniel

Daniel

I'd like Jack's suggestions to be added to the proposal, personally. Very Happy

9Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:05 pm

Jon

Jon

Maybe rather than have them apply offer them an automatic upgrade. They'd have to apply anyway if they were kicked out, so it's not really any different. Razz

10Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:23 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Daniel: I was hoping to get rid of Observership completely.
Jon: That could work too.

11Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:29 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Well, it doesn't matter that much to me either way. Razz

12Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:46 pm

Carl

Carl

Meh, I support this, but I kind of like the automatic offer, since they have been in the union long enough.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

13Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Updated then. This better? Smile

14Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:12 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Indeed. Smile

15Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Jon

Jon

Yep, I think that's more fair now.

16Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:12 pm

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Agreed!

17Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:17 am

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

So 24 hours before this is sent to vote?

18Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:13 am

Daniel

Daniel

I think so.

19Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:19 am

Jon

Jon

I believe that is the procedure, but it's not well enforced. Let's just say it can go to vote any time tomorrow.

20Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:57 am

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

That was posted at 5:00PM EST. So maybe then will do?

21Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:52 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Poll up.

22Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:01 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Voted.

23Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:01 pm

Carl

Carl

Voted.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

24Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:56 pm

Jack

Jack

Voted.

25Passed | Removal of Observership Empty Re: Passed | Removal of Observership Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:29 am

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Voted

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum