The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic

+6
Jack
Will
YingBlanc
Daniel
Scotch Moen
Fox
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Accept the Sk'uuyat Republic as an Observer?

Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Pollle10100%Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Pollri10 100% [ 9 ]
Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Pollle100%Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Pollle100%Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:55 am

Fox

Application for Sk'uuyat Republic

Flag

Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Skuuyatflag01

CoA

Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Coaskuuyat01

Map

Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Skuuyatrepublicmap02

Nation Information
Country Name: Sk'uuyat Republic
Nation Size: 124,754 sq km
Capital City: Winwaloe
Languages: Trentannian
Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Constitutional Republic
HDI: .904
GDP Per capita: $42,035
Population: 11,544,951
Time zone: AUT -8

History:

In 1580, Anani Dion, a Praeian sailor sent by the monarch of the time, to chart the west coast of Euphemia, first explored the area and opened trade with the natives along the coast.

The arrival of Althenians began around the mid-17th century to colonise the land and to set up fur trading posts. The explorations of Douglas Lorens in 1662-63 established Praeian jurisdiction over Sk'uuyat.

The first Praeian governor of Sk'uuyat, Jeremy Vitus, was appointed in 1666. He had a controversial career during which land title disputes and factional conflict slowed the initial attempts to populate and develop the colony under a feudal system. In an attempt to attract settlers from Althena, in one of his first acts Jeremy Vitus led the island's colonial assembly to rename the colony "New Clairbane", but the Praeian Government promptly vetoed this as exceeding the authority vested in the colonial government.

Fort Winwaloe founded in 1672, later renamed the City of Winwaloe, became the site of the Winwaloe Gold Rush in 1708, which saw an influx of settlers. A series of gold rushes in various parts of the country followed, forcing the colonial administration into deeper debt as it struggled to meet the extensive infrastructure needs of far-flung boom communities like Lakotae and Delarof, which sprang up overnight.

In 1770, a group of citizens led the chorus pressing for Sk'uuyat to join Shayden, which was at the time part of the Posillipo commonwealth. Several factors motivated this agitation, including the fear of annexation to the Follvirkeland, the overwhelming debt created by rapid population growth, the need for government-funded services to support this population, and the economic depression caused by the end of the gold rush. Through a referendum, this was defeated overwhelmingly.

Population in Sk'uuyat continued to expand as the nations's mining, forestry, agriculture, and fishing sectors were developed. Mining activity was particularly notable throughout the mainland. Agriculture attracted settlers to the fertile valleys, and cattle ranchers and later fruit growers came to the richer grasslands of the river areas. Forestry drew workers to the lush temperate forests of the coast, which was also the locus of a growing fishery.

Sk'uuyat remained a colony until acquiring Dominion status in 1907. A dominion constituted a self-governing state of the Praeian Empire or Praeian Commonwealth and the Dominion of Sk'uuyat was relatively autonomous from Praeian rule.

During the 1920's there was much political unrest and several rebellions challenged the Praeian rulers.

In 1935 the Statute of Calebury gave Sk'uuyat the opportunity for almost complete legislative independence from the Parliament of the Kingdom of Praeia. Sk'uuyat adopted the Statute of Calebury, and in August that year the Praeian's agreed to transfer power and political independence to Sk'uuyat, and March 15 became it's official Independence Day. However, the new Constitution of Sk'uuyat, as drafted and approved by the newly elected Parliment, was mandated to take effect on January 26, 1937, and on that day, Sk'uuyat was finally recognised as a Republic.

Location of the capital Winwaloe.

Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Skuuyatrepublicmap04

Now just some pictures from my Asgard CJ over at ST .. Hope they will suffice, I have not started building on the new region yet, and hope to do so very soon, but I hope these show the effort I put in to building cities.

Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Cathedralbig01

Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Huasgardmosaic03

Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Hockey02

Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Searstower05

Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Searstower04

Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Newnespirahcj05

Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Tritoncityoverview01a
Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Tritoncityoverview01b
Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Tritoncityoverview01c

I know there are some rumors and lies that have been spread by certain individuals over the last few months, and I can assure you that they are just that .. lies and rumors, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me on here, ST or skype and I will endeavor to provide you the truth.

I am a huge fan of Simcity and cherish all the hard work that everyone puts in to cities and their nations and it is a huge driving inspiration for my own cities and nations.

I hope to get all kinds of feedback and honest and truthful comments so I can learn and grow further in my gaming experience.

I have read up on Kuyrut and Follvirkeland and I have cooperated with Kurt, Will and Daniel and thank them for all the historical information and have tried to match up as well as possible to events and dates for the region I have chosen.

2Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:25 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Well damn. This just feels like a unanimous yes! Also, nice location. I mention taking over Squamisha and soon you apply a country for there. Razz Also interesting history! Cool seeing Follvirkeland play it's own little part.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

3Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:48 am

Daniel

Daniel

I support this. Definitely support this. Welcome back, Fox! Smile

4Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:21 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

I say yes definatly ^_^ Nice to see you back

5Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:21 am

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Well you know what I think Razz

6Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:11 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

Glad to see you back, Fox! Too bad you're only applying for Observership. I'll be voting yes either way.

You're region amazes me, too. Did you make that yourself?

7Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:44 pm

Trevy

Trevy
Member (New Terrance)
Member (New Terrance)

Im amazed! haha Its a definite yes for me!

8Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:47 pm

Carl

Carl

Welcome Back Very Happy

Nice Smile

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

9Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:08 am

Daniel

Daniel

I suppose I'll be putting this to vote now. Smile

10Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:36 am

Trevy

Trevy
Member (New Terrance)
Member (New Terrance)

Voted!

11Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:25 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

ditto

12Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:28 pm

Jack

Jack

Voted.

13Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:32 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

I too have voted :3

14Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:46 pm

Carl

Carl

Voted

15Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:09 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Nice to have you back Fox.

Voted.

16Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:51 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

It seems I'm slipping a bit in my Applicationary duties. :X

But i voted.

17Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:19 am

Fox

Thanks for the votes so far and all the comments.

I look forward to working with you Michael-M since we will be neighbors if this application is successful.

18Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:30 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Just need one more vote and it will be. Smile

19Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:49 pm

Carl

Carl

Soooooo, We needz 1 more vote D:

20Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:05 pm

residentsim

residentsim

The parks are just...wow. I love it!

Voted.

21Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:07 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

So wait, you just voted but it's still at 8. Did someone take their vote away?

22Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:41 am

I came back and found this, an amazing surprise Smile Voted Yes

23Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:46 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Application has been PASSED. Daniel will set up your forum presently. Again, welcome back.

24Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:35 pm

Carl

Carl

Congrats Smile

25Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Empty Re: Observership | Sk'uuyat Republic Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:06 am

Daniel

Daniel

Forum is up now. Congratulations, Fox! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum