The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Complete Removal of Forum Games

+4
Fox
Chip
Kurt
alerules22
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Pass this propsal?

Complete Removal of Forum Games Pollle1054%Complete Removal of Forum Games Pollri10 54% [ 7 ]
Complete Removal of Forum Games Pollle1031%Complete Removal of Forum Games Pollri10 31% [ 4 ]
Complete Removal of Forum Games Pollle1015%Complete Removal of Forum Games Pollri10 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Complete Removal of Forum Games Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:53 pm

A plea to the United Soverign Nations

Complete Removal of Forum Games 100px-USNW_seal

The Provincial Republic of New Chandler, the Federal Republic of Escambia (rebuking), and the Commonwealth of Shayden propose a announcement in what we find as a crisis of activity, as you all know. We propose that we immediately remove the forum games from our forums, as we have came to the conclusion that, without them, the USNW would get more comments on things that matter: the summit, city journals, the bank, and so on. It's unfortunate to have so many thing to take part in yet some of us keep turning their heads and playing a stupid "five word story" game.

This is a very serious issue to people who actually care about forum activity. That means it should be to all of you. That's also why it's a global union address, so if you're going to play some game, you can't miss it!

Therefore, we propose that the forum with the games be completely removed. No questions asked. We would create a Skype forum for game purposes should there be an interest, however, roleplay and union activities should always come first. You should know that on your application.

For those in defense of keeping forum games, think about things for a second, and ask yourself, "shouldn't I play forum games on other forums (simmania has a great and active forum games community) and care about USNW things on the USNW forums?" And for those of you who are sad because your number of posts will get cut by half, remember that forum games have NOTHING to do with USNW and our ideas and goals, and your post number will never EVER display your character as much as a few meaningful posts. There is really no excuse for not commenting and supporting a fellow member's CJ or event; hopefully that will come to our heads easier with these games gone.

Last edited by K50 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:06 am; edited 3 times in total

2Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:56 pm

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

I fully support this. I do want it to be completely removed.

http://www.usnw.net

3Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:25 pm

I fully support this at over 100%. Awesome proposal.

4Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:30 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I support this Proposal as well.

5Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:47 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I will abstain, I have no care over games...

http://www.usnw.net

6Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:36 pm

WOOP WOOP!! I like it Smile

7Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:02 am

Fox

I think the forums games area is a place where people can relax, let of steam and fool around a little. But if you think it is too distracting from the rest of the forum then I have no qualms about it's removal, although I don't think it will have the desired effect you expect it to.

8Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:03 am

Fox wrote:I think the forums games area is a place where people can relax, let of steam and fool around a little. But if you think it is too distracting from the rest of the forum then I have no qualms about it's removal, although I don't think it will help the issue as you expect it to.
I would say it would help the issue, but it's the events that resolve it, and more attention to events is what we need Smile

This is going to vote on Friday.

9Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:04 am

Daniel

Daniel

I do not support this, as I believe that removal of the forum games would do nothing but lower the USNW post count, while not affecting at all the inactivity of various members; and attention to union events could be easily achieved without such a drastic move.

(I comment on every CJ and event I can find in here, so the games definitely don't affect me activity-wise)

10Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:22 am

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

I abstain.

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

11Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:46 am

Daniel

Daniel

I have a proposal to make: Why not try completely locking the forum games forum for two months, and see if that drives up activity: If it does, I will support the removal of the forum games. Until then, I oppose it.

12Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:27 am

Why should we care about a post count so much?

Quality > Quantity Smile

13Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:47 am

Daniel

Daniel

Well, it's not the post count that matters so much: It's that I like the games Razz (I would not mind at all should the forum games have all their posts deleted)

14Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:56 am

K50 wrote:We would create a Skype forum for game purposes should there be an interest
You're in luck then Razz

15Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:06 am

Daniel

Daniel

We already have a Skype forum for that purpose, but almost no one visits there Razz (and several of us don't have Skype + there are time zone differences)

16Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:36 pm

I unfortunately gotta agree on all points with k50. I believe the forum games are distracting members. Im for a complete removal of the forums. If we notice that posts go up in where we want them we could consider a vote in 4-5 months to revisit the issue and watch the posts again. But for now this is unacceptable. And i know there are people that rarely comment elsewhere other than the games. And games dont relieve stress. If you need to relieve some stress do something in your normal life not here. Or go talk to others in a discussion room on the site. Do something a little more productive than say 5 words that make no sense and have no purpose

17Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:00 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

I agree with locking it up for a while.

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

18Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:44 pm

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

I agree with K50.

19Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:21 am

I also agree.

20Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:25 am

Daniel

Daniel

We can delete the five word story if that's what you want Razz (it's not my favorite game anyway - I prefer "Guess the City", which no one visits anymore)

21Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:40 am

Then go to simmania Razz We're not a gameroom, were a union

22Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:17 am

Fox

**Bookmarks Ruteria and the World to wait for the pictures of K50 hiding the games forum in a box and throwing away the key**

23Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:35 am

Daniel

Daniel

Why not just permanently lock the forum games? Razz

24Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:42 pm

Yea locking them would do the same as deleting them Razz

25Complete Removal of Forum Games Empty Re: Complete Removal of Forum Games Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Tyler wrote:Yea locking them would do the same as deleting them Razz
That it would, but it would also allow us to look back at the forum games (and would not lower the USNW post count by over 1000 Razz)

I'd like to propose locking them instead of deleting them. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum