The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wikkii Moving Servers | Wiki Editing Disabled

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

You may have noticed that you are unable to edit your wiki articles. We have discovered that Wikkii is moving their servers. The notice posted July 9th on the Wikkii site reads:

Editing and new account and wiki creation is currently disabled as we are moving servers. Please check again in 72-96 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Until then please refrain from panicking folks. Smile

-Jon

Last edited by 2b2gbi on Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Awww man Crying I had tons of articles ready... Oh well thanks for the heads up Jon Smile

I knew wikia was better Crying

Daniel

Daniel

wikia was worse, since it had all those advertisements, didn't look professional, didn't look like the real wikipedia, and was worse in general Neutral

I love the new wiki, and anyways, it's only going to be for a couple of days Razz

Speaking of which, we really need to fix the country infobox ASAP (which in this case means as soon as we can edit again)

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Dang, and I had some free time to work on mine Razz well, what will be will be Smile

Bruce

Bruce

The country infobox was messed up due to incompatibility with the Wikipedia template. Please switch over to the new infobox (Infobox country2) after editing is restored.

I'll be adding pages hastily and in order. Please add articles on these subjects:

Countries
Subdivisions (Provinces, States, etc.)
Cities
Sports (except soccer/association football, see AIFF Wiki)
Stadiums
People
etc

https://plus.google.com/111420842954473821448/

Once it's back up can we get the new nations in the countries list on the main page?

Daniel

Daniel

why was it incompatible with the wikipedia tmplate? it worked just fine Neutral

I don't really like the infobox 2 either...

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

If I new how to do new pages I would make plenty o' pages on Calma Smile Probably about 300-400... but I have no idea how to make new pages Crying... we'll have to talk on that bruce Smile

Bruce

Bruce

Tyler: Its already there
Daniel: The template uses an incompatible v-card and isn't allowed in MediaWiki anymore.
Will: Its easy. Just go to a page and click on Create.

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

ok... well that and link too Razz

make it easy, is there some guide somewhere? Cuz like I said, i'm gonna start a big project and do like 300 of these on companies, sports, etc. etc.

Bruce

Bruce

Make sure they're quality. There's guides on Wikipedia to editing.

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Nothing less than something i'd post in my CJ, I'll do my best Smile

Bruce

Bruce

Wikkii editing has been re-enabled, but be aware of possible glitches.

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

where's create? the help page didn't exist and I can't find it Razz

Daniel

Daniel

just type the name of the page you want to create in search, and it will ask you if you want to create it Smile

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

ah... ok.... simple enough, thanks Smile

Daniel

Daniel

Just wondering when Matt's going to have the infoboxes fixed, so we could make more ones (monarch, person, sport league, etc.) Smile

Bruce

Bruce

Can someone un-announce this topic now?

Jon

Jon

Done.

Sorry I keep forgetting I'm the only admin on regularly right now. If something needs doing remind me in a PM or hit me up on Skype.

2b2gbi wrote:Done.

Sorry I keep forgetting I'm the only admin on regularly right now. If something needs doing remind me in a PM or hit me up on Skype.

Ah...Ahem.......

Jon

Jon

K50 Dude wrote:

Ah...Ahem.......

I thought you didn't have your own computer. Razz Get on Skype sometime if you can, we haven't talked in a while.

2b2gbi wrote:
K50 Dude wrote:

Ah...Ahem.......

I thought you didn't have your own computer. Razz Get on Skype sometime if you can, we haven't talked in a while.
My computer is back either Monday or Tuesday, so I'll get on Skype then Razz

But I am keeping my eye on the forums every day now Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum