The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

We are not boring people!!!

+3
Chip
Daniel
Will
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1We are not boring people!!! Empty We are not boring people!!! Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:50 am

So, a user sent me a PM this morning. He might have sent it to every admin, he might have sent it just to me (I don't know, and I really don't care). But I read it, and he was wondering about what union-wide events were going to be happening this summer, since he saw AIN planning their expo.

This is a two-part thread I am creating. The first part is a reworded and heavily extended answer to that question. The second is a bit of discussion.

The answer to the question: We are going to have an expo that will occur once AIN is through with theirs (this is for respect, we don't want to take attention from them, the expo is a very large-scale event at AIN). The expo is probably going to be in later July, but that is still up in the air, as far as I know. Second, I want to start a union games right after the Simlympics get over with. I want this to start really soon, before I have to plan the AICS Summer Jubilee happens in August. Also, the elections, if you want to call it an event (I would), start in late July, and elections are the first weekend in August, whereas inaugurations are around August 10. There is a good chance a summit will be somewhere in there too.

Point is, we actually do have a fun summer for you guys! Razz

However, I was sort of wondering what you guys want to see (or plan!) this summer. We want to hear ideas so we don't have boring events, because, as the title of this thread says, we are not boring people. With that said, if you have any thoughts to make one of these ideas better, questions about some of these events, or ideas of your own. I will make my best attempt to beat Chip to answer your question. Smile

Last edited by K50 Dude on Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

2We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:25 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

I would be happy to expand/create in union sports and help with the Union Games. If its got the all clear i'd like to start the Stock Car Series but would also work with Soccer, Basketball, Hockey or Baseball. I personally am one of those people that does alot of virtual sports because I can't do the real ones with any sort of skill We are not boring people!!! 253468018 I remember seeing something about a film festival a few years back on ST, maybe have a USNW Independent Film Festival?

3We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:01 pm

Daniel

Daniel

I like that idea Very Happy

Me and Chip were planning a co-op (fictional Razz) film a while back, and I have several more in my head Smile

We could make up plots and the like Smile

4We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:40 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Well, Jon and I tried to have an Expo but no one cooperated, remember that? Razz Also, we will be having a singing contest, sort of like Eurovision, Ainvisiion and Singasong, but we haven't found a name for it. Further more, we will be having different summits throughout the rest of the year and we will also be having an international music awards.

http://www.usnw.net

5We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:55 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

We are not boring people!!! Usongone

Did someone mention a singing contest? More coming soon.

6We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:12 pm

androidboi

androidboi

^^ very nice! Smile

that's because all the activity actually happens in skype... not really ideal because it's hard to find exact quotes from past conversations like in a forum, but it's how it's done here i guess.

IMO the skype should be used strictly for non-union babbling. all union-related requests, information, and comments should be on one of the MANY sub-forums on this site.

7We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:06 pm

androidboi wrote:IMO the skype should be used strictly for non-union babbling. all union-related requests, information, and comments should be on one of the MANY sub-forums on this site.
I agree completely

8We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:17 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Agreed, since I don't even have skype, definatly, UNION activity should be on the UNION website. We do need a like button though Razz

9We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:19 pm

Daniel

Daniel

I agree as well.

10We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:02 am

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Most serious union activity does happen on the forums, but skype is really convenient for meetings and stuff, and that's where those take place because we can't have a summit for every meeting and that's what it would take on the forums.

http://www.usnw.net

11We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:06 am

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

hmmmm... On forum Chat Room maybe rather than having every member have to download skype... add the chatbox on the bottom of either the bottom of the forums or portal.

12We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:20 am

Maybe some more original events would be better. Rather than using ideas that have been used by the SCJU, COFR and AIN for the past 3+ years.

I mean, you do want to differentiate yourselves from the older unions, right?

13We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:25 am

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Film Festival, really the easiest way to do things is just stop and look at the obvious stuff, randomly type something into google, look back at your wikipedia history and you'll probably come across something great, not thought of and completely original. I even am kinda ripping off the Film Festival from something back years ago but with a sort of unique format.

From doing that, my random Ideas:
USNW League Gaming (as a union activity, like mw2 or something)
All Union Custom Car Show
UnionAid?
All Union Archetecture, building and engineering awards

14We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:42 pm

Thomas wrote:Maybe some more original events would be better. Rather than using ideas that have been used by the SCJU, COFR and AIN for the past 3+ years.

I mean, you do want to differentiate yourselves from the older unions, right?
That is what the thread is for, Thomas.

15We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:41 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

I love Will's idea!

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

16We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:04 pm

Jon

Jon

I have an idea:

We are not boring people!!! Around1

What it would be would be each day a different country does a sort of cj update that briefly describes the country and shows some major sites and attractions in the country. This could be a fun way to get to know more about eachother's countries as well as showcase the union. This could even be posted on ST as a city journal and bring publicity to the union. The number of days would be adjusted to match the number of members.

17We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:06 pm

androidboi

androidboi

this would be hard. D:

18We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:08 pm

yes great idea
We could also show the traditions, celebration, add the national musics, art, miscellaneous things, etc. great idea

19We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Jon

Jon

I think we could actually do this in place of an expo, seeing as they are similar and there doesn't seem to be much interest in an expo.

20We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:15 pm

Daniel

Daniel

ok Smile

I like the expo idea too though... oh well 😢

21We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:22 pm

I don't see the difference as far as what happens, but I do like Jon's approach better. We can showcase things in the CJ like we would in an expo, but this would allows us to avoid the tedious bidding step and allow us to post it on Simtropolis.

Great idea Jon! Smile

22We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:29 pm

Daniel

Daniel

I agree!!! Smile Smile Smile

23We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:33 pm

androidboi

androidboi

i agree also! here's my contrib. it would be like the NBA but planetwide. makes for a better wiki!

We are not boring people!!! Adonialeaguebasket

24We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:35 pm

Matt: Great logo Smile

25We are not boring people!!! Empty Re: We are not boring people!!! Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:11 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

Since you know, it's Adonia, Razz, why don't we make up a new name for the sport, since we have different names for languages?

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum