The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Activity Index Week One Evaluation

+3
Chip
Daniel
Jon
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Activity Index Week One Evaluation - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Sun May 29, 2011 4:35 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

ok, i'm about to post update 5 for Calma.

27Activity Index Week One Evaluation - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:38 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

It's been a while... I see this is up so I'd better shape up Laughing
Edit: Especially with -32 points... Neutral

28Activity Index Week One Evaluation - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:56 am

Kisa Atsuko

Kisa Atsuko
Member (Sundanesia)
Member (Sundanesia)

will someone who inactive because something will have a bad number of activity index point? I think this thing will need to be evaluated.

29Activity Index Week One Evaluation - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:51 am

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

I don't, I think its spot on pretty much, and possibly, depending on how active you usually are, for instance, it would take me a good 3 months to become negative, which honestly is a complete possibility with the way I do things Razz

30Activity Index Week One Evaluation - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:32 pm

This needs to be revisited. Neutral

I am really annoyed that some people have >-60 activity points. In my opinion, that might make someone (who probably doesn't know what the index is) who could be a prospective member feel bad. And either way, if you have a number way in the red, you could be encouraged to spam.

We should discuss this a little bit. I might add a poll in later if we need it.

31Activity Index Week One Evaluation - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:39 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

We can set it were the points will only go to -30, and it won't take long to get that back up but we're keeping this. It's an index so we can tell who is inactive and who isn't.

http://www.usnw.net

32Activity Index Week One Evaluation - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Chip wrote:It's an index so we can tell who is inactive and who isn't.
I don't like how you said "we are keeping this"

If you want to see who is inactive and who isn't, just look at what city journals haven't been posted in for four months Razz

33Activity Index Week One Evaluation - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:50 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

This is at a wider range, we can see who posts in other forums as well. And as you said "This might lead to spamming", that may not be so bad, people may start taking part in more things to get their points up, and if people start randomly posting unrelated stuff, that will be tended to. Either way, we're keeping it, but we may alter it as we see fit. This isn't something union related this is something to help the admins keep track of who is active and who isn't. If people are inactive, it doesn't matter if it's with CJ's, which is taken into account as well before any action is taken, or if it's with the bank forums or summits, or all the other LARGE amount of stuff people can take part in, they're inactive.

34Activity Index Week One Evaluation - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:53 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

I think the limit should be -45 and -30 is the checkpoint "redzone."

35Activity Index Week One Evaluation - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:10 am

Chip wrote:If people are inactive, it doesn't matter if it's with CJ's, which is taken into account as well before any action is taken, or if it's with the bank forums or summits, or all the other LARGE amount of stuff people can take part in, they're inactive.
Chip, we are a SIM CITY 4 union.

Unless you want to be an SCJU, where great city journals go to end, people must update their CJ. Period. If you haven't noticed, the game is dying. So far this year, we have gained all but three city journals from another union or from family members, and we've lost four, for a grand total of -1 "non-synthetic" CJ gain. AIN hasn't gained one new member since early last December that is still there today, and they have lost plenty this year. People want to join a union to play the game collectively and get better at it together before it dies for good. I didn't give a damn about anything AIN had until I was already in it for a while; when I applied, I just saw exceptional city journals that were part of it, and I wanted to "be with" them. The bank, the summits, the events, sporting leagues, Skype, etc. are just additional perks which keep members there. Unfortunately, it was a political mess that, sadly, dragged me out of AIN, to a path I didn't really like until USNW started.

Sorry to totally change the topic and go off there, but I just think it should be removed, or MASSIVELY changed. If the world was my way and I was forced to have a social index, I would have the minimum at 0, and not have it go down. I just don't see it as a tool that can used in the member checkpoints.

36Activity Index Week One Evaluation - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:24 am

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Like I said, city journal updates are considered when this happens, and I encourage everyone to update their CJ's more than once a month but that has nothing to do with this, and if you look closely you will see the people that are in my red zone that it's the people that NEVER update their journals, and that inactivity can be shown in their numbers.

37Activity Index Week One Evaluation - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:22 am

Daniel

Daniel

Sorry about not having any real updates in my journal for a while, but RL pressures+running the ITL take a good deal out of me... 😢

38Activity Index Week One Evaluation - Page 2 Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:18 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

You're doing fine Daniel, I'm not worried about you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum