The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Activity Index Week One Evaluation

+3
Chip
Daniel
Jon
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Activity Index Week One Evaluation Thu May 26, 2011 4:27 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

The Activity Index has been in use for just over a week now, so I want to take the time to go over the numbers of all our members, from full members down to observers. The following is a ranking from highest to lowest activity index value since last Wednesday.

105 - Will
58 - emperordaniel
50 - k50dude
44 - alerules22
42 - 2b2gbi
42 - androidboi
39 - Chip
-3 - Marsh
-4 - Forsma
-8 - Thomas
-11 - ForthWall
-16 - sincitybaby
-16 - kj34
-16 - Ernst
-16 - Huston

As you can see we have a wide variety of values, I'd like to hear what you think of the results and the effectiveness of the index in measuring activity.

2Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Thu May 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Daniel

Daniel

I think it's a great way to measure activity Very Happy

WOOT! I'm the No. 2 most active member! Razz

3Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Thu May 26, 2011 5:58 pm

I don't think it should go down so dramatically.... I mean, the observers don't post much because there isn't as much open to them as a full member. Plus, Tyler and Kenny haven't got on for a while, who knows why, but they could be at -100 someday Razz

4Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Thu May 26, 2011 6:02 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

There's plenty of stuff for Observers can do, they can do almost everything.

http://www.usnw.net

5Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Thu May 26, 2011 6:07 pm

ALMOST. Razz

6Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Thu May 26, 2011 6:12 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

K50, they can take part in almost everything, they can do all the trading, they can post in the transportation forums, they have their own freaking city journal forums, something most unions don't give their observers. They only thing they can't do is take part in union events, unless given special permission and they can't host. The only event we have right now is the Posillipo summit, which they were given permission to take part in, and they refused, we can't keep letting them be so inactive.

7Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Thu May 26, 2011 7:02 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

I is #1 Smile Perfect, on the date I joined Razz I honestly need to check the system to be sure but I think its a good system as well.

8Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Thu May 26, 2011 7:42 pm

Jon

Jon

K50 Dude wrote:I don't think it should go down so dramatically.... I mean, the observers don't post much because there isn't as much open to them as a full member. Plus, Tyler and Kenny haven't got on for a while, who knows why, but they could be at -100 someday Razz

But these people you mention have not been active, and their numbers indicate this.

9Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Thu May 26, 2011 7:45 pm

When did I go negative.

10Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Thu May 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Kisa Atsuko

Kisa Atsuko
Member (Sundanesia)
Member (Sundanesia)

maybe because of I just an observer, I get negative point because sometimes I been a top poster in AIN.
I'll try to increase my activities in the future. Smile

11Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Thu May 26, 2011 8:20 pm

Jon you should put Skype in as a factor (yes I know that will put me way down but it'll help)

12Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Thu May 26, 2011 9:09 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

He doesn't do this, the websités system does, he can't factor it in? How is he supposed to know when people are on when he isn't?

13Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Thu May 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Maybe add in a point or so every day someone logs on? And you can just read through past convos Razz

14Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Fri May 27, 2011 5:42 am

I'm surprised by such a big difference in the points - it goes from +39 straight to minus 3? There seems to be a two-tier division in activity which, if it continues, may be a concern for you guys.

I suggest removing the forum games area from the points table - a third of the union's posts come from there and Will and Daniel are only top of the chart because of this forum, which contributes nothing to the website besides showing some form of activity.

Your figures would be much more trustworthy if the pointless "Guess the City" posts didn't make people seem more/less active than they actually are.

15Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Fri May 27, 2011 6:38 am

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

actually, I rarely post in forum games. :\ For the most part mine come from that I was getting stuff squared away in a new union and that I applied and pretty much replied to everyone individually. And 3 cj updates don't hurt either.

16Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Fri May 27, 2011 6:42 am

Daniel

Daniel

Thomas wrote:Your figures would be much more trustworthy if the pointless "Guess the City" posts didn't make people seem more/less active than they actually are.

Forum Games do not add to the activity score, Guess the City included. Neutral

17Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Fri May 27, 2011 7:40 am

Jon

Jon

I don't have much time to post but what Daniel said is true, I have it set up not to count posts in forum games.

18Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Fri May 27, 2011 11:57 am

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Points Per Topic and Reply in Forum Games: 0

As Jon and Daniel have said, the forum games do not contribute to the score. Will and Daniel are simply active, which is what we want. We understand that there is dramastic differences between some of our members, and we will be taking action on this soon.

Concerning those with low points, please try to post more, and get your Activity Index up.

19Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Fri May 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Ah okay, I didn't know that. Apologies.

20Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Fri May 27, 2011 12:47 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

It's fine, no worries. Smile

21Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Fri May 27, 2011 5:56 pm

In my opinion, it should look something like this:

Successful application + 50
Successful observer application + 30
City journal update + 10 for each update
A head of a ministry/executive member + 10
Topic creation + 3
Per post (city journals, application center, or a union event) + 1
Per post (other categories) + 0.5
Per post (forum games) + 0
Daily point lose - 2

but! It can't go below -30.

22Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Fri May 27, 2011 8:17 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

well with CJ updates, does that mean a new thread? Because I'm just posting it as one thread... for both the current and proposed ones.

23Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Fri May 27, 2011 11:27 pm

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

Sorry that I was lazy at posting :Blush:

24Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Sun May 29, 2011 12:02 pm

Kisa Atsuko

Kisa Atsuko
Member (Sundanesia)
Member (Sundanesia)

K50 Dude wrote:In my opinion, it should look something like this:

Successful application + 50
Successful observer application + 30
City journal update + 10 for each update
A head of a ministry/executive member + 10
Topic creation + 3
Per post (city journals, application center, or a union event) + 1
Per post (other categories) + 0.5
Per post (forum games) + 0
Daily point lose - 2

but! It can't go below -30.

I like this system.

25Activity Index Week One Evaluation Empty Re: Activity Index Week One Evaluation Sun May 29, 2011 4:32 pm

Jon

Jon

Just a note about CJ Update points, they have to be entered manually, so if you could PM me when you make an update it would be easier for me. Sorry about those points that haven't been added on that note, in these waning days of the school year I have quite a bit to do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum