The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Important Vote | New Administrative Cabinet Members

+7
Qorten
Kurt
Agunter999
Chris
Carl
SimEmirate
Jon
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Please Select One Candidate:

Important Vote | New Administrative Cabinet Members Pollle1040%Important Vote | New Administrative Cabinet Members Pollri10 40% [ 6 ]
Important Vote | New Administrative Cabinet Members Pollle1013%Important Vote | New Administrative Cabinet Members Pollri10 13% [ 2 ]
Important Vote | New Administrative Cabinet Members Pollle1027%Important Vote | New Administrative Cabinet Members Pollri10 27% [ 4 ]
Important Vote | New Administrative Cabinet Members Pollle1020%Important Vote | New Administrative Cabinet Members Pollri10 20% [ 3 ]
Important Vote | New Administrative Cabinet Members Pollle100%Important Vote | New Administrative Cabinet Members Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

Please vote in the poll in this thread to help select our two new admins. The two candidates with the most votes after 48 hours (this is a hard deadline, the poll will automatically close after two days so please vote) will be become new admins. With the approval of these two new admins Jack will be removed from the Admin Cabinet, as I think it has been decided that he should be removed and I believe he has requested to be removed as well. If anyone has any objections to Jack being removed scream and yell at me in this thread.

Remember that you only get one vote, not two.

I chose to include all of initial selections from the first thread in this poll, which is basically everyone we have discussed here plus Juls. The candidates are listed in alphabetical order. There is also an option to vote against approving any of the candidates.

This vote is pretty important as having active admins would massively improve how things work on the forums because I haven't been able to keep up with it myself.

If you haven't been following this whole deal I suggest you read the original post below and browse this thread as well as the other one here.

Click Here for Original Message:

Last edited by Jon on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:56 pm; edited 5 times in total

SimEmirate

SimEmirate
Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)

I support the two candidates you listed. Very Happy

Carl

Carl

I'm good with it Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I also support adding Kurt -- he seems to want to do some real good with admin powers, and he's been asking for some. Although I'm not sure of his availability to fulfill the duties.

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)

I believe this is necessary but should be tempory, we should vote one Adkins. Though these candidates will be perfect for tempory admins

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I think that both of the people Jon proposed should be made full time admins -- Mike for his time he puts in (which he can use to be an active admin) and Carl for the fact that he has always been a good force in adminy-like things.

Agunter999

Things like that need to be voted on

SimEmirate

SimEmirate

I agree with Chris Razz

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I think adding new Administrators as a whole is a very good idea. They will not only help organize the forums so they are properly organized, but it will also help promote activity with admins in the community who will be able to help members in need.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

VOTE KURT FOR ADMIN!

Jon

Jon

If we add Kurt on top of my two suggestions there would be 6 total admins, with 4 of them active (or at least three if you exclude me). If we remove Jack, then we have 5 total admins. We cannot remove Chip, both because of the bylaws and his account's status as the creator of these forums. So we need to think about how many admins we really need, and how the numbers will work. I am open to suggestions from everyone and some discussion.

Carl

Carl

I suggest Kurt take the adminship. He's been extremely concerned with the Union lately, and I think he is the best choice.

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

Well, I think two active admins will do, together with Jon and Chip, who are admins because they started the whole thing all those years ago. They'll always be admins but two extra that are active when Chip and Jon aren't should be enough to keep the forum and union going. These chosen temporary admins just need to let it know in advance if at all possible when they will not be able to be as active as they need to be to keep stuff going so a replacement can be found/voted on/appointed.

As to who I would prefer, I would definitely pick Carl if he can spare the time. On Kurt and Mike I can't really chose, though Mike seems to be more active from my observations the past month, at least in posting stuff, not necessarily in how often or how long he was logged in.

Willem

Willem
Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)

I support any of the suggestions, seeing as the admins are only needing to be able to do the housekeeping.

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I would love to be an Admin. I'm not crazy for power, I just hate being powerless when things need to be done. And kurt definitely has been itching to be a contributing force to the forums and with Carl's support of Kurt, I too would then support Kurt to be Admin number 2.

But this shouldn't be temporary. The forums need as much help as it can get all the time. Besides, if/when the temporary time runs out, we're not Admins anymore and the full time ones are inactive again, we're back at square one.

Bottomline, Kurt and I for full time Admins.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I just ask that whomever is chosen over how they will be able to help manage, improve, and prosper the union.

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

This doesn't need to be an election. We're in need of additional help so we need to grant those who can help the power to do so. Those who can be available almost every day and if there's something that needs doing, they can do it.

Agunter999

Yeh but those guidelines mean me and Chris the most active should be the admin.. :p

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

You're misinterpreting my meaning Agunter. You and Chris are two of the most recent additions to the community. Kurt and I have been here for years, knows the ins and outs. Just cause you've visited the white house everyday for the past month doesn't mean you deserve to be president.

Agunter999

I was joking you realise, and active for 6 months is more accurate Razz (btw a 'Razz' in my posts normally suggest the comment is friendly and not too serious)

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I would agree as a whole that people whom have experience should be hired. Not talking about the past few posts, just spurting out more of my unneeded opinion. Razz

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I don't want to be an admin.

I have no idea how to do anything on the website, I've just gotten active the past few days, I disappeared before then. I don't do much RP-wise and OH YEAH I'M 15.  Razz 

Carl

Carl

Active posts does not equal to quality posts and a neutral POV.

What we need is an admin that can help mend tasks and had some experience with the handling of the official Union Stuff without affecting other players' decisions.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

In my opinion, we're in need of at least one admin, albeit temporarily until we sort everything out (which is bad because when we get a temporary solution we forget about the long term issue) to get things flowing again and deal with the backflow of issues.

Also, I don't think Jack should be an admin. Just my two cents.

Jon

Jon

So, can we come to a consensus on who we want to be in the final version of this proposal so we can vote on it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum