The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Passed | Ambassadorial Member: Republic of Mitron

+7
Juls
Agunter999
Jack
Carl
Kurt
Scotch Moen
Chris
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Should Mitron be accepted as an Ambassadorial Member?

Passed | Ambassadorial Member: Republic of Mitron - Page 2 Pollle1078%Passed | Ambassadorial Member: Republic of Mitron - Page 2 Pollri10 78% [ 7 ]
Passed | Ambassadorial Member: Republic of Mitron - Page 2 Pollle1011%Passed | Ambassadorial Member: Republic of Mitron - Page 2 Pollri10 11% [ 1 ]
Passed | Ambassadorial Member: Republic of Mitron - Page 2 Pollle1011%Passed | Ambassadorial Member: Republic of Mitron - Page 2 Pollri10 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Geez guys, get off his back, next you'll be asking me for stats....Oh boy.

In any case, welcome back Chris. You just couldn't stay away, could you? Razz

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)

You let him in before, though I would demand a population stat.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Approximately 20 million is what I said, but that may be a bit on the high side. I'd have to research a little more to get an exact census number.

And no Kenny I just couldn't stay away. Razz

This should be votable soon, right?

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

20 million is more than me, although with Ikiana, I think it's prolly more. I can't be bothered to crunch the numbers at the moment.

Agunter999

20 million is quite allot, what about 15 million ??? or less if you want allot of open plains

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I can help you on Stats.

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

Passed | Ambassadorial Member: Republic of Mitron - Page 2 Mitron2
Here's a map. Razz It should suit your needs.
The population should be around 10-15 million.

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

That map looks very nice. Great work Jack.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I'll accept it for the sake of this application, but later could we discuss it Jack?

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I think it was Daniel who could calculate our nation's estimated area in square miles/Km's and from there give us a rough population based on our desired population density.

Course everything I just said is WAY over my own head and I could never perform that calculation. But since your country is quite small, a population of 20 million would mean you have PACKED cities.

Here's a reference. The State of Washington, USA, has a population of 6.897 Million citizens. In relation to Adonia, Lansay/Mitron is very similar, so maybe if you want a country of that size you should trim down the population a tad.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I would like more land than Jack gave me, hence the population estimates. I don't want to be a puny country, just not a superpower. But honestly, this isn't much smaller than my last country was.

Jack

Jack

I was going to first calculate the land area and use the population density of Ohio (I knew Chris would like that) to find the population. But I messed up the scale of the map when I enlarged the image. Razz 

I was thinking that there's a major metropolitan area of about 6 million people on the mainland (probably Beaumont). Then another, smaller one on the island of about 4 million. That gives a total of 10 million, then just add a little for the non-urban population. You should have around 15 million.

But that's just some educated guessing.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Well, Beaumont and the other city aren't that big... But I think everyone is underestimating my land area.

Now, shall we vote? I want to get back in the Skype chat and posting on here. Razz

Jack

Jack

It's the Metro area, Chris. Razz The metro areas should be that big. Chicago's population is 2 million, but the metro area is 8 million.

I will put this to vote if you are 100% happy with the map and you will not change it.

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Well, I thought we would chat and change it... But I just want to be back already. Crying

Jack

Jack

You unadded me on Skype. Neutral Crying

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Oops. Razz

Jack

Jack

You're in the USNW room now. Razz We can discuss things there if you hate me too much to add me again. Wink

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Add me.

Jack

Jack

You deleted me again. Neutral

Carl

Carl

Wut Neutral

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Started the poll. If it was wrong of me then yell and point and laugh at me please.

Voted.

Carl

Carl

Voted.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

SimEmirate

SimEmirate
Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)
Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)

voted Razz

Jack

Jack