The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia

+4
Jack
ForthWall
Chip
androidboi
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:20 pm

androidboi

androidboi

Official application of
New Friscia
into the
United Sovereign Nations of the World

Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia H6y7
Flag

Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Nzr
Coat of Arms

History:

Pending, but here's a pic of the Battle of Lamare from the GAW.
Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia A23j

Population:
80,509,000 (est. 2013)
79,690,512 (2012 census)

Government:
Federal parliamentary constitutional republic

Economy:
Social market economy

Pics:
Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Yi8d
The National Parliament Building in Lamare

Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Bumj
Jean-Villette, the nation's largest city and financial center

Anyone remember this?

Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Tbi7

Anyway, sorry for the lack of images. My cities are rather outdated and are below par with what I want them to look like.

2Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:47 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Welcome back Matt, when this goes to vote I'll give you a yes. Smile

http://www.usnw.net

3Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:53 pm

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

Nice Sim City 4 pictures, but I would really like to know more details on the Economy and politics of the nation?

4Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:54 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

This looks good, and I will be voting yes. Smile

However there is something you must look at first.

5Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:07 pm

Carl

Carl

Welcome back Matt Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

6Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:23 pm

androidboi

androidboi

Isn't that rather horribly discriminatory, Jack?

I hate to beat a dead horse, guys, but if I may challenge that sanction, the USNW's lack of definition for my particular banishment might be a bit of a problem. The only indication of one is in the June Crisis article, which only explicitly states its questionable existence. However, there seems to be no evidence of when, how, and if such banishment even occurred as there is no specific account throughout the rest of the article. There is also no physical, recorded evidence of my account's banishment here on the forums, since here I am and always was, able to post in threads as a "Registered User".

So, per the policy "to define the returning procedures blah blah of members involved in the June Crisis, and subsequently banned," said law is irrelevant. Wink

However, Jack, I do recall how upset you were over the old wiki's "hijacking" since you were, in fact, one of its biggest contributors. I'd like to mention though that the wiki was never fully compromised because you were able to transfer all of the articles and templates onto another site. In fact, it is still accessible as of today. I might add that the definition of the word hijack may disagree with its use for whatever I did as stated in the June Crisis article since I totally didn't even do that. I may have suspended everyone's access to their accounts for the site, but I did not seize and prevent access to the site itself (ergo, delete it). In fact, since all of the articles were moved to another site, without anyone's permission, I might argue that you were the hijacker of the wiki, not I. I know this because the June Crisis article uses the faulty war template that I painstakingly tried to reproduce from wikipedia. I did borrow the idea from another source, but the code put in place is mine after hours and hours of research. So, since a lot of the templates being used in the wiki were created by yours truly, isn't there another issue of "how dare you steal my stuff and subsequently prevent me from simply trying to make them better"?

And if you guys do recall, I never did try to run for any "powerful" position here in the forums. I only wanted to be part of the committees dedicated to the improvement of our union (history, map, wiki, etc.) The Solarus System was kind of my idea, most of what's written in the Great Adonian War wiki article was mine, and if you look at the latest map of Adonia, the distance measurements on the lower-left hand corner--I created that. So aren't you guys kind of shooting yourselves on the foot by trying to prevent me from doing that kind of stuff?

I left because I thought the whole issue with the crisis thing was completely unreasonable (IMHO). I'm not really "mentally unstable" as stated by another member. I temporarily disabled the wiki to slap your guys' hands and put you in time out. You guys know the meaning behind "history is written by its victors," correct? Well, this June Crisis thing is a great example of that. Notice how the main and only image in the article is a screenshot of what I did, which effectively downplays the bigger issue that happened in the crisis (which I was barely a part of).

Now that I've beaten a dead horse to a pulp, I hope everyone can let bygones be bygones. If this law is amendable AND doesn't impede with my ability to create and edit templates as I please (a simple process which shouldn't require me to be mod; the current templates your wiki is using, the ones I've created, are outdated and inefficient), then I won't have a problem with the law's existence for now, not that it even has an effect on me whatsoever. Cheers!

Last edited by androidboi on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:24 pm

androidboi

androidboi

Oh, and nice seeing you guys again. Cool 

8Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:42 pm

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

What templates do you mean, most are just taken from wikipedia. esp the new nation template

9Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:45 pm

androidboi

androidboi

^ They function like wikipedia's. However, go ahead and look at the sources of templates from both wikipedia and the USNW wiki and tell me they're the same.

ForthWall wrote:Nice Sim City 4 pictures, but I would really like to know more details on the Economy and politics of the nation?

Sure!

Economy:
New Friscia is a major economic power. It has a social market economy that is fueled by an advanced infrastructure, the export of manufactured goods, a highly qualified labor force, a low level of corruption, and high innovation. New Friscia has the seventh largest national GDP in the USNW and the third largest per capita. It is home to Jean-Villette, one of Adonia's top international financial centers.

The service sector contributes approximately 63% of the total GDP, industry 36%, and agriculture 0.9%. Most of the country's exports are in engineering, especially machinery, automobiles, chemical goods and metals. New Friscia is a leading producer of television sets and solar-power technology. Annual trade fairs and congresses are held in cities throughout the country.

New Friscia is home to some of the planet's largest companies. Auvinx, Terviek, and Zion Motors have their headquarters in Jean-Villette.

Politics:
New Friscia is a constitutional republic with a federal division of powers. It uses a parliamentary system of government with [President here] as its head of state, who by convention acts on the advice of his or her ministers. Other than having reserve powers, the direct participation of the president in areas of governance is virtually non-existent (will be revised).

The ministers form the Cabinet, a committee selected and headed by the First Minister, the head of government. The president usually appoints as first minister the leader of the political party that obtains the confidence of a plurality in the National Assembly. The leader of the party with the second-most seats usually becomes the Leader of the Opposition and is part of an adversarial parliamentary system intended to keep the government in check.

The parliament is a unicameral system which contains the National Assembly. Each of the Members of Parliament are elected via simple plurality in a constituency. General elections must be called by the president, on the advice of the first minister, within four years of the previous election with a 30-day prior notice, or may be triggered by the government losing a confidence vote in the National Assembly.

The judiciary comprises of the Supreme Court and lower federal courts whose judges are appointed by the president on advice of the Cabinet.

Provincial governments are structured in roughly similar fashion. Some provinces, however, have bicamerical legislatures. The head of government of each province is addressed the governor. Provincial judges and cabinet officers are appointed by the governors of the respective provinces.

10Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:45 pm

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

Your arrogance surpassed my expectations, BRAVO!

11Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:50 pm

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

androidboi wrote:^ They function like wikipedia's. However, go ahead and look at the sources of templates from both wikipedia and the USNW wiki and tell me they're the same.

ForthWall wrote:Nice Sim City 4 pictures, but I would really like to know more details on the Economy and politics of the nation?

Sure!

Economy:
New Friscia is a major economic power. It has a social market economy that is fueled by an advanced infrastructure, the export of manufactured goods, a highly qualified labor force, a low level of corruption, and high innovation. New Friscia has the seventh largest national GDP in the USNW and the third largest per capita. It is home to Jean-Villette, one of Adonia's top international financial centers.

The service sector contributes approximately 63% of the total GDP, industry 36%, and agriculture 0.9%. Most of the country's exports are in engineering, especially machinery, automobiles, chemical goods and metals. New Friscia is a leading producer of television sets and solar-power technology. Annual trade fairs and congresses are held in cities throughout the country.

New Friscia is home to some of the planet's largest companies. Auvinx, Terviek, and Zion Motors have their headquarters in Jean-Villette.

Politics:
New Friscia is a constitutional republic with a federal division of powers. It uses a parliamentary system of government with [President here] as its head of state, who by convention acts on the advice of his or her ministers. Other than having reserve powers, the direct participation of the president in areas of governance is virtually non-existent (will be revised).

The ministers form the Cabinet, a committee selected and headed by the First Minister, the head of government. The president usually appoints as first minister the leader of the political party that obtains the confidence of a plurality in the National Assembly. The leader of the party with the second-most seats usually becomes the Leader of the Opposition and is part of an adversarial parliamentary system intended to keep the government in check.

The parliament is a unicameral system which contains the National Assembly. Each of the Members of Parliament are elected via simple plurality in a constituency. General elections must be called by the president, on the advice of the first minister, within four years of the previous election with a 30-day prior notice, or may be triggered by the government losing a confidence vote in the National Assembly.

The judiciary comprises of the Supreme Court and lower federal courts whose judges are appointed by the president on advice of the Cabinet.

Provincial governments are structured in roughly similar fashion. Some provinces, however, have bicamerical legislatures. The head of government of each province is addressed the governor. Provincial judges and cabinet officers are appointed by the governors of the respective provinces.

For me, politics checks out Razz, but for economy, uh can we know what the GDP exactly is, then we can move further with this.

12Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:51 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

I can refute alot of what you said here, and keep in mind I mean everything I say politely but matter of factly.

androidboi wrote:In fact, since all of the articles were moved to another site, without anyone's permission, I might argue that you were the hijacker of the wiki, not I.
The wiki was moved with everyone who was still around's articles, all posted under fair use, and between wikis it's allowed to transfer articles such as those, however despite this, it was agreed between everyone to move all articles from the users who were still around to a new wiki, no I don't directly have the conversations but anyone who was here at the time, i'd be surprised to find any reason they have to challenge this.

androidboi wrote:I know this because the June Crisis article uses the faulty war template that I painstakingly tried to reproduce from wikipedia. I did borrow the idea from another source, but the code put in place is mine after hours and hours of research. So, since a lot of the templates being used in the wiki were created by yours truly, isn't there another issue of "how dare you steal my stuff and subsequently prevent me from simply trying to make them better"?
You contributed to a free source wiki, it can be modified and moved openly, it wasn't so much copyrighted.

androidboi wrote:Now that I've beaten a dead horse to a pulp, I hope everyone can let bygones be bygones. If this law is amendable AND doesn't impede with my ability to create and edit templates as I please (a simple process which shouldn't require me to be mod; the current templates your wiki is using, the ones I've created, are outdated and inefficient), then I won't have a problem with the law's existence for now, not that it even has an effect on me whatsoever. Cheers!
If you're accepted into the union, no you won't get mod permissions again, I was trusted with making the new wiki and holding the new wiki (plus due to the nature of it, if anything happens again and it does get taken over on the surface by a crazed mod who's overstepping their boundries, we can clean the slate and have it back squeaky clean in two days or less) but there is no reason you can't edit templates or anything else on the wiki. And I seem to remember Nate was the only other user not banned, which suggests loyalty towards him, you weren't banned no, but you did leave the union, and I'm certain there is distrust towards you among some current members of the union.

Said my peace on that subject, as far as your application itself goes, not much change in the last year but it still looks good

Will

13Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:02 pm

androidboi

androidboi

If that's the case Will, then I have to admit I'm pretty discouraged from making anymore contributions to the wiki. And it isn't even a problem making me a mod because I didn't ask for it. Have fun with whatever you've got.

I understand the distrust. It's quite evident from some posts here already. But the fact remains. I wasn't banned. You said it yourself. So if you're gonna slap a law in my face and act technical, then I might as well treat it as such.

14Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:09 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

I'm not saying that, you did make note of not needing to be a mod, which I also made a note of, I was touching on what I thought were important points from your post. If you're accepted your perfectly welcome to edit the wiki, there's no problems with that at all.

15Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:12 pm

androidboi

androidboi

alerules22 wrote:Your arrogance surpassed my expectations, BRAVO!

I'm sorry you saw it like that, ale, but that wasn't the intention.

16Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:15 pm

alerules22

alerules22

androidboi wrote:

To be honest, I really don't know what to think. But I'll tell you, a proto-perfect Utopia and pretty pictures will not get you a yes from me.

17Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:18 pm

androidboi

androidboi

alerules22 wrote:
androidboi wrote:

To be honest, I really don't know what to think. But I'll tell you, a proto-perfect Utopia and pretty pictures will not get you a yes from me.

Fair enough. I'm almost amused you called me arrogant. I guess it really does take one to know one. Btw, if you dislike me so much, I wonder why you haven't blocked me from skype? You might want to fix that.

18Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:20 pm

alerules22

alerules22

androidboi wrote:
alerules22 wrote:
androidboi wrote:

Fair enough. I'm almost amused you called me arrogant. I guess it really does take one to know one. Btw, if you dislike me so much, I wonder why you haven't blocked me from skype? You might want to fix that.

Did I ever say I dislike you? Not at all, I'm just saying what I am seeing, and until now, all I've seen is that you're appearing in a very arrogant way, and that your nation seems very much like a perfect society.

19Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:25 pm

androidboi

androidboi

alerules22 wrote:
androidboi wrote:
alerules22 wrote:
androidboi wrote:

Did I ever say I dislike you? Not at all, I'm just saying what I am seeing, and until now, all I've seen is that you're appearing in a very arrogant way, and that your nation seems very much like a perfect society.

I guess I should take it as a compliment that you saw perfection in a screenshot of an unfinished downtown area. But again, I'm not trying to be arrogant. I'm just defending myself and trying to see what you guys want from me as a potential member of this union. Because if I'm going to be treated this lowly, then I might as well not apply.

20Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:35 pm

Jack

Jack

I am not willing to bicker.  I will be very straight-forward.  You did leave the union during the June Crisis, and the law does apply to you.  I'm sorry that you do not agree, but you may not be exempt from these rules.  If you would like to join the Union again, I advise you follow them.

I will do my absolute best to "let bygones be bygones."  After all, the law does state that it is my duty to "help all members cooperate in a united manner."

I am going to ask members to please refrain from arguing about past events and focus on this application.  Personal issues should be handled separately.

21Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:50 pm

androidboi

androidboi

Then let's make it simple, I withdraw my application. The language of your law is both wrong as you attempt to go beyond its bounds, and more importantly, insulting. I'm not going to contribute anything knowing fully well that I will forever be seen and treated as a scrub.

22Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Jack

Jack

I'm very sorry you feel that way.  But this is your decision.  Good luck!

Thread locked.

23Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I just came on and realized you applied. I'm sorry to see you withdrew your application, but that is your choice I suppose.

24Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Empty Re: Withdrawn: Full | New Friscia Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:11 pm

Carl

Carl

... Neutral

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum