The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Debate on Observerships

+4
Daniel
Kurt
Carl
Jon
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What should we do with the Observer Membership level?

A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Pollle1014%A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Pollri10 14% [ 1 ]
A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Pollle1029%A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Pollri10 29% [ 2 ]
A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Pollle1057%A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Pollri10 57% [ 4 ]
A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Pollle100%A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Empty Re: A Debate on Observerships Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Looks like we are mostly in agreeance

27A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Empty Re: A Debate on Observerships Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:07 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

We do have 5 observers. 2 are actually active. I don't want to kick out Forth or OtherWill.

28A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Empty Re: A Debate on Observerships Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:29 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

Will is a member of AIN, and would be stripped of his membership if any reforms to observership are passed. Shubham is a member of CINL, which I believe offers observer memberships.

29A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Empty Re: A Debate on Observerships Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:01 pm

Jack

Jack

Oh I see. So we can pressure AIN into possibly re-opening observer memberships. But knowing AIN somewhat, they will be stubborn and boycott the USNW even more.

I think this may really backfire, so we should be careful.

30A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Empty Re: A Debate on Observerships Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:36 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Just up their memberships here automatically. We don't need to boot anyone. And really if the people over at AIN want to be politically prissy they can kiss my virtual cyberbum. Unions need to be for fun.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

31A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Empty Re: A Debate on Observerships Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:56 pm

Carl

Carl

Eh, they have this 'One Union' Policy so they won't budge, no matter how hard you try. Some AIN members are trained "Joo Dees" so they will tend to stick to the policy of "One Union, No Observers"

I kind of not wanting to lose Shub's observership, I mean he has contributed many stuff in the USNW community, I'm not gonna lie Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

32A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Empty Re: A Debate on Observerships Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:02 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

We should not be forced to abide by others ridiculous policies so we can keep our friend. If they want to be that way, so be it. I'll still up his membership to Full and not make a fuss about it.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

33A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Empty Re: A Debate on Observerships Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:16 pm

Jack

Jack

I like that. Who needs AIN policies!
A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Iron+fist

34A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Empty Re: A Debate on Observerships Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:35 pm

Carl

Carl

LOL Razz

35A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Empty Re: A Debate on Observerships Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:03 pm

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

So is it settled? Observership has been eliminated?

36A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Empty Re: A Debate on Observerships Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:45 pm

Jon

Jon

This is an unofficial debate. A proposal will have to be launched to do anything.

37A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Empty Re: A Debate on Observerships Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Jack

Jack

I don't want to get rid of observerships completely, but as a compromise, I would say yes to only allowing observerships from unions that allow observerships.

38A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Empty Re: A Debate on Observerships Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:25 am

Daniel

Daniel

I agree with Jack.

39A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Empty Re: A Debate on Observerships Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:17 am

Trevy

Trevy
Member (New Terrance)
Member (New Terrance)

It seems to me that a lot of this is pointed at the AIN. Why do we have to follow in their footsteps and make everything about them or around them? I say we do what WE (the USNW) want to do and what is best for US. I could see doing away with Observerships. Keep the Full and Ambassadorial memberships separate. If a member is going to go away for a second then they can be put on-leave, until they return.

40A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Empty Re: A Debate on Observerships Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:58 pm

Carl

Carl

I think it's because people tend to choose AIN and then apply to USNW as an observer... They'll choose USNW as the secondary union, which is really unfair for us. Also, in the past few months I have seen a couple of USNW members move to AIN and apply as observers here. Clearly that's absolutely unfair because they are choosing to go to union while participate in events here.

41A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Empty Re: A Debate on Observerships Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:04 pm

Jon

Jon

Jack wrote:Oh I see. So we can pressure AIN into possibly re-opening observer memberships. But knowing AIN somewhat, they will be stubborn and boycott the USNW even more.

I think this may really backfire, so we should be careful.

Putting pressure on AIN is not the point of this. The point is what Carl just said. If both unions allow observers then it is two-way, both unions can get the person either as a member or an observer. But another union doesn't offer observership and we do it's one way, we always get the person as an observer and the other union always gets them as a member.

I could care less if AIN opens up and offers observership, but I do care that the current situation is not at all beneficial to USNW.

42A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Empty Re: A Debate on Observerships Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:32 pm

Jack

Jack

Well hopefully AIN does begin to offer observerships so this will all work out. I say go ahead and put up a proposal. The one where the observer's union must offer observership.

43A Debate on Observerships - Page 2 Empty Re: A Debate on Observerships Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:42 pm

Carl

Carl

I don't think AIN will budge anythime sooner. Remember One Union? It's still is there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum