The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Past & Side Projects

+6
YingBlanc
Jack
Carl
Daniel
kj34
Scotch Moen
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Past & Side Projects Empty Past & Side Projects Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:47 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Michael's Past Projects

In the years before now, I've made other city journals that have mainly been a spinoff of my main journal, Follomer. But they always seemed to flop because I was never invested enough in them, my attention was always on Follomer itself. I had at least gotten an update or two out of them before they were lost forever in the forums.

I'll be showing some of them, (if I still have the pics).

First up is a spinoff of Follomer 2, where the maiden voyage to colonize the moon went horribly, horribly wrong.

- -

Journal: Follomer 3: Exodus
Post Date: September 2012
Pages before Flop: 3

Past & Side Projects Banner1

"My fellow Follomerians...we have ventured far since the days of Uniden. Our accomplishments, and our failures. Have progressed this mighty society into a new age."

Past & Side Projects Image1

"The world has known our strength for far long...as we have climbed out of the caves and built houses out of wood, roads out of rock, towers out of steel. There is nothing now to stop us from our adventures! From corner to corner we will explore this universe of ours send ourselves into the howling dark, only to mold it into a new future for mankind!"

Past & Side Projects Image2

"We have done many triumphant things in our history. Although this I hold certain. Nothing will amount to what our people will achieve the next day." ~Chancellor Tristan Archean of Follomer

Past & Side Projects Image3

Unknown Planet, Tau Ceti system[/size]
11.9 Light years from Earth...

......*static*......i-i.....s...sto...it now!......*static*......Brace!!
Past & Side Projects Image4-12

As if the space suddenly tore open, a ship came barreling through into normal space. It seemed to come back into focus as it appeared until just seconds later, all returned back to normal, the craft began to drift.

???: *cough cough* R-report! Where are we!?

Past & Side Projects Image5-12

Power returned to the ship. The running lights on the tips of the comm antenae flickered to life and automatically tried to find a signal. None were found. On the bridge, the crew began to panic.

Past & Side Projects Untitled-1 Vice Chancellor Panin: Can someone please-*COUGH*-tell me what happened??

Past & Side Projects Untitled-6 Crew 1: I dunno, I dunno! *cough* We must have *COUGH* r-run into something in space.

Past & Side Projects Untitled-6 Crew 2: Ma'am! I lost navigation, it's completely shot. I have no idea where we are.

The commander of the ship then pulled himself up from his knees along a railing and cleared his throat.

Past & Side Projects Trellian Commander Trellian: I want a full system diagnostic. Tell me what's working and what isnt, now!

Past & Side Projects Image6-10

Past & Side Projects Untitled-6 Crew 3: Fusion core is still online...barely. The ship still has power...The, geez, the Neutrino Drive the Myon gave us isnt responding to any system check.

The crew member then pressed a button and spoke into a mic.

Past & Side Projects Untitled-6 Crew 3: Engineering, check the Nuetrino Drive. Status?

Past & Side Projects Untitled-6 Crew 3: Engineering?

Past & Side Projects Untitled-6 Crew 4: S-sorry sir! *cough!* The Drive is kaput! Eh, it's been damaged beyond repair-*BOOM* Get that fire out!

Past & Side Projects Trellian Commander Trellian: Crewman, send emergency teams to Engineering to get control of the situtation down there. And someone please tell me where we are...now??

Past & Side Projects Untitled-6 Crew 2: Uhh, sir? There's a planet out there.

Everyone looked at the main viewer, unable to understand anything anymore.

Past & Side Projects Image7-8

Past & Side Projects Untitled-1 Vice Chancellor Panin: That's...not Earth.

Everyone didn't know what to say as they looked on at the brown, cloudy planet. Even from this distance, they could see what looked like land, clouds and oceans. But it was not the Green and Blue home they knew.

At the back of the bridge, a door slid open and a young girl followed by an older woman ran through.

Past & Side Projects Tessacat Tessa: Andella, Trellian what happened?? Everyone in cargo is in a panic and...and...what's that?

She slowed to a walk as she stared out into space at the planet before them. The woman behind her came up behind and took her shoulders.

Past & Side Projects Catgirl Lerra: Where are we Trellian??

Past & Side Projects Trellian Commander Trellian: We have no idea. We've compeltely lost Navigation and our ability to go faster than our Fusion core can give us. Basically...we're stranded.

He then turned and pointed at the highlighted planet, sighing.

Past & Side Projects Trellian Commander Trellian: And it looks like that thing, is the only upside to all this.

Past & Side Projects Untitled-1 Vice Chancellor Panin: That, and we're still breathing.

Past & Side Projects Catgirl Lerra: Trellian, the crew in Cargo is on the verge of panic. We need to assure them everything is alright.

Past & Side Projects Trellian Commander Trellian: I know...Tessa, Lerra, please head back to Cargo and rally the command staff there into calming the crew. Helmsman, do we even have basic thrust?

Past & Side Projects Untitled-6 Crew 3: Yes sir, Fusion core is still online and generating sufficient power. I can give you more than just thrust.

Past & Side Projects Trellian Commander Trellian: Good...correct our course. Line up our trajectory with the planet and engage engines, half output.

Past & Side Projects Untitled-6 Crew 3: Eye sir.

Past & Side Projects Untitled-1 Vice Chancellor Panin: I hope you know what you're doing Trell. We know nothing of this place.

Past & Side Projects Trellian Commander Trellian: Look, I doubt anyone else wants to spend any more time on this ship after what just happened, and there's what seems to be a perfectly good planet right infront of us...might as well check it out, give the crew some solid ground to look forward to.

Past & Side Projects Image8-5

Last edited by Michael-M on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

2Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:34 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

I remember this one...I was hoping you'd finish it too Sad

3Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:15 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Looks very good D:

4Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:06 pm

Carl

Carl

That's Nice

Mike, Y U NO RESTART STORY? Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

5Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

What happened to the 72-hour war? D:

6Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Jack: It's actually called the 29 Hour War, and that was a bit ways back in Follomer 2 I believe. The current, unfinished Follomer on ST is Follomer 3.

7Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Well hello again to a dusty topic.

Because I am terribly sleep deprived from staying up way too late, and thinking about the election that got over with about a week ago, my imagination went wild and I spent some time in gimp. Here's the outcome, with a bit of a history lesson to present it.

The Great American Secession

Past & Side Projects DividedAmerica

November 6th, 2012CE
After expensive campaigns and a very close race, Democratic President Barack Obama is re-elected into a second term, winning over Republican candidate Governor Mitt Romney.

November 10th, 2012CE
Scores of Nativist Republicans release anger and outcry over the election, resorting to hateful and racial slurs against the President while expressing anguish over the future of the country. At the same time, "Modernist" Republicans claim the Republican party is aging with the growing times and it's heavily right wing conservatism of the past is dragging itself down. News outlets predict a Republican Party "Civil War" between Nativists and Modernists.

January 1st, 2013CE
New York city is caught in shock and disbelief after an attempted bombing of the Statue of Liberty is thwarted by local police. Messages boards were subsequently filled with slander, claiming "Republicans"; still outraged over the loss of their party in the 2012 elections, committed the attempted terrorist attack on America's monument. Republican party officials were quick to disown the attackers as not part of their political party officially, expressing sorrow that someone would ever think to do this.

January 3rd, 2013CE
In an act of terror, Governor Romney's home was ransacked while he and his family were away. The suspect was later apprehended by police. When the local media tried to get a statement as the suspect was being transferred to a holding facility, the man yelled profanities against the Republican party and it's previous presidential candidate. Political tensions between citizens begin to escalate.

April 7th, 2013CE
A protest march in Washington D.C. against President Barack Obama sparked into riots as unknown instigators attacked members of the march, casting political slurs and hate remarks against the protestors. Several buildings were set on fire during the D.C. riots before police gained control of the streets. Several men were arrested by Secret Service agents while throwing objects toward the White House during the riots.

April 10th, 2013CE
Cases of hate mail and cyber bullying rise to an all time high as people on social networking sites are targeted for their political standings. Amidst a flood of nonstop hate messages, death threats and even account hacking, Facebook and Myspace both shutdown their servers.

July 4th, 2013CE
The country is swept by numerous civil incidents from fights to riots during Fourth of July celebrations in major cities. Swat teams were called to several locations including the Fireworks celebration at Gasworks park in Seattle, Washington where shootouts erupted after a series of fights.

July 5th, 2013CE
The President addresses the nation on the tragedies, pleading with the populace to calm themselves and remember who they are as Americans. Before he could end his speech the media swarm the President with questions concerning the escalating civil tensions around the Democratic and Republican parties, to which the President gave no answer and left the room.

November 6th, 2013CE
Washington D.C. police locked down a large area of the city after a bomb was detonated at the front gate to the White House, killing two bystanders and injuring another. The attack happened on the first anniversary of the 2012 elections and was quickly claimed to be yet another Republican attack on the Democratic party.

March 6th, 2014CE
Mobs of protestors in major Republican states march on their state capitals, demanding action against the President and his administration, claiming nothing has been done still on the critical issues President Barack Obama promised to face. Secret Service agents later that day stormed the house of a North Carolina man who had allegedly mailed a death threat to the white house, demanding the President either be impeached, or he would be murdered. Republicans claimed the story to be ridiculous and anger over the sudden imprisonment of the man ensues.

November 6th, 2014CE
On the second anniversary of the 2012 elections, major government officials within the Republican party express the need for the impeachment of President Obama. Their opinions are quickly drowned out by the Administration as emotionally unstable aims for revenge. citizens across the country are angered over the Administration ignoring their calls.

January 4th, 2015CE
Reporters notice an odd transfer of naval personnel onto ships through Norfolk naval station as the crew of several warships appear to be "specially selected for their positions". A curious pattern of common political stance is seen on several ships, all of them having a higher number of Republican oriented sailors and officers.

July 4th, 2015CE
On the fourth of July holiday, Political officials belonging to the Republican party again state their demands to the Federal Government to formally impeach the President of the United States due to his continued failed attempts at rectifying the nation and it's issues, citing several faults that the President could have done differently. After getting another stonewalled response from the Federal government, Washington D.C. was shocked that in response to their answer, the Republican party set up its own Federal Government in the state of Texas, announcing on every major Television network the failure of the current Administration and it's prejudiced attitudes toward the Republican party. At the same time, multiple Republican politicians resigned their positions in the Federal Government and left D.C. The Government set up in Texas then claims secession from the United States of American and claimed Sovereignty as the new United American Republic. Hours later, Governors from other states rallied behind the new Government, joining the U.A.R.

July 5th 2015CE President Barack Obama declares a state of emergency and called an emergency meeting with his security advisers. The Administration quickly thinks of ways to stop this secession, however before the Administration can act, the Government of the United American Republic states its intentions to the Obama Administration, and points out that if any direct action be taken against the U.A.R. government, a swift response from it's Navy would take place, as the U.A.R. government had taken control of Norfolk, Virginia during the secession. President Obama is left with indecision and the U.A.R. sets up it's new national capital in Austin, Texas.

August 2nd, 2015CE
With a large percentage of the United States Navy, and the Oil Fields in Texas now under the control of the United American Republic, a tense stalemate between the Obama Administration and the new Republican Government begins. The country is effectively divided in half.

Last edited by Michael-M on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

This could either be interesting or completely bogus, but hell with it. What do you guys think? Razz

I spent wayyyy too much effort on this for being sleep deprived..

9Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:13 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

I think it's an awesome Alternative Timeline, might make one for Scottish Independence since that's coming soons Razz

10Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:20 pm

Jack

Jack

LOL Alaska seceded. Very Happy Good work, you know whose side I'm on. Devil

The history that you've come up with for this is excellent. This is, after all, how the real civil war started (with the election of Lincoln).

11Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:02 pm

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

Cough florida and texas would gain its own independence...

12Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:56 pm

Carl

Carl

LOL

Nice timeline... Republicans Razz

13Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:06 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

I'm British so I wouldn't need to go through this timeline x3

14Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:43 am

Trevy

Trevy
Member (New Terrance)
Member (New Terrance)

You did spend a lot of time on this! Its actually really interesting, I was coming up with scenarios like this myself Razz . Mainly on where the divide would be. I would venture to say that the Midwest would join the new republic leaving the west coast isolated from its northeastern counterpart. Thus causing the west coast to possibly create its own government.

My thoughts: It would not be in the best interests of any of the southern states to secede from the union. Texas has a long shot at coming close but for the rest of us, psh.. we will just have to settle with the new normal of fluctuating 7-8% unemployment, 1/3 of the population on some type of government assistance, and the death of small businesses.

15Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:15 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I didnt think too much about the midwest. A lot of them have been Republican for a long while, and like you said would isolate the west coast states which would most likely band together. I'll have to play around with the map some more. D:

16Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Alternate timelines! D:

17Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:00 am

Carl

Carl

Yep actually we have an alternate roleplay center Razz

18Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:42 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Past & Side Projects 1-20

This is from my botched attempt at recreating the 29 Hour War in it's own CJ. I made two updates before it died. I don't even think I can continue it due to me not really sure where the region is and the plugins i have is not even close to what i used back then.

But yes, that is indeed Saint Kristina, the capital of my beloved Follomer.

19Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Carl

Carl

Wow, that is very nice D:

20Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Jack

Jack

I love that city. Smile I commented on that CJ like a year ago. Razz

21Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

That is very beautiful!

22Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:26 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Past & Side Projects 5-136

This is the only surviving image from Follomer's famous, and infamous 29 Hour War story arc. Displayed in the update that ended the arc, this image shows the events of Follomer's strike team engaging extremist rebels who had taken control of a Missile Launch Facility determined to destroy the modern world as everyone knew it.

You can also see here the models I had to work with at the time. Back then I was obsessed with Dropships inspired by the Halo universe. My skill in 3D modeling vehicles was still much in development at the time too. Still, I made a hell of a story arc. You should have seen the Battle of Tristan City. Friggin T-90's rolling through downtown, cars strewn everywhere. God what I wouldn't give to have those pictures back.

23Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:37 am

Carl

Carl

Ooooh Love it Very Happy

24Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:37 pm

Jack

Jack

Cool stuff, Mike. Razz

25Past & Side Projects Empty Re: Past & Side Projects Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:07 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

First off, is that stuff canon?

Second off, if it is, I can not believe how you don't have a world empire right now, on Adonia or Earth before. Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum