The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

USNW Wiki Discussion

+4
Scotch Moen
Jack
YingBlanc
Will
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:57 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Sorry for my absence, i've got some computer issues i'm working on resolving at the moment. Thank you Ying for your great work in resolving the issues Smile

27USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:13 pm

I certainly condemn the actions taken by said member. As admins it's been taken care of. I'll be watching the wiki in the coming days and weeks for further vandalism to other articles. Such articles being vandalized will be locked to only the creator and admins

28USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:37 am

Ying I told you this yesterday morning but thanks again, I'm glad that when I saw this I saw that you locked it down so quickly also Smile

Last edited by K50 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

29USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:40 pm

The wiki administration has started on a new method of choosing the featured article.

The featured article will now be chosen from a queue from articles nominated through this new process. We encourage all of you to check it out and participate. Thank you Smile

30USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:01 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

K50: You should be ashamed of yourself, double posting like that. Neutral

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

31USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:18 pm

StanislavSoltys wrote:K50: You should be ashamed of yourself, double posting like that. Neutral
Are you serious?

Not to mention it's been two days since I posted last... Skeptical

32USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:05 am

Daniel

Daniel

StanislavSoltys wrote:K50: You should be ashamed of yourself, double posting like that. Neutral
Look at the dates - there's a difference of two days between the posts. The rules only mention a difference of 24 hours or less when talking about double posts. Thus, that isn't a double-post. Wink

33USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:44 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

K50 I'm so confused about this new method, can you explain it to me?

34USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:01 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

hey May I suggest also, can the news section have like that Wikipedia has and like a "More Current Events" selection where all the days events are given in seperate catergories, stuff that's not worldwide wide or doesn't deserve worldwide recognition (say a minor disaster or a sports results).

Such as like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Current_events

35USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:39 pm

That sounds really tedious Razz

36USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:37 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

nah I can update it end of every day xDXD

37USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:54 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

It does sound a bit tedious. Making up all these events every day? You up for that? D:

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

38USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:33 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Here's an idea, you and I alternate?

39USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:00 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

it's a good idea Will, and not making up events Mike, just saying all the events that occurred in the forums ONLY that day Razz

Like this:
http://usnw.wikkii.com/wiki/More_Current_Events

40USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:34 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

If we're going to do the featured article and pic weekly, shouldn't it, I don't know change weekly?

41USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:59 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

the problem I see with the new method of going through the process is that not everybody looks at the wiki and also you'd need an account to vote and they might only use it once for that, so waste of an account. I found the other way much more better for the forums since everybody sees it.

42USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:42 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Well we need to decide on something. Otherwise, we should keep it monthly.

43USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:04 pm

I concur. You need to figure something out with this weekly thing. If it doesn't keep updated we need to go back to monthly

44USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:13 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Personally I think it's too confusing, too many steps. I think we should go back to the old format.

45USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:25 pm

^^ I concur. Maybe bi-weekly? I could handle that

46USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:28 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

Will is speaking about what I'm complaining of, the wiki format of doing it, put it back on the forums we say D= I mean the weekly thing is fine

47USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:02 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Maybe instead of voting for the articles on the wiki, we just nominate them there, and vote for them here, so they're more visible.

48USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:18 pm

Carl

Carl

^^^That's a better way. I can't even see where the article is for voting, so put it in the forums.

Kenny Interstate 1 (central province) will be placed soon D:

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

49USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:23 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Although I can't say I'm not pleased, as it is my article XD, I am trying to make things easier for the wiki crew and the people who want their content shown on the front page.

50USNW Wiki Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: USNW Wiki Discussion Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

So, I'm still not caught up with everything, but I've been blocked indefinitely from the Wiki. Razz

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum