The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Demand for a Refrendum

+4
Jack
Will
YingBlanc
Scotch Moen
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Hold Emergency Elections?

Demand for a Refrendum Pollle10100%Demand for a Refrendum Pollri10 100% [ 9 ]
Demand for a Refrendum Pollle100%Demand for a Refrendum Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Demand for a Refrendum Pollle100%Demand for a Refrendum Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Demand for a Refrendum Empty Demand for a Refrendum Sat May 26, 2012 1:35 am

This union's leadership and ministries are in dire straits right now. Today I am pleading to add a new Chancellor and clean out the ministries.

I don't want to bury the admins because they have been doing a lot of hard work trying to keep this union alive, but I think it's time for another one, and a complete revamping of ministries. I'm going to be blunt, nothing has gotten done for a while. I see several topics in the Assembly that are ready for vote, simply, not for vote, and other administrator tasks not carried out, like starting up the featured nation/wiki article/wiki picture of the month. The biggest example of that is probably the fact we have EIGHT forums in the "Happening Now" section. We should have only four or five at this point in time. It completely appears that the admins need another hand... and they need it quick.

Then comes the ministries, which, frankly, have always been a disaster. The only minister which seems to be putting even a slight bit of effort, in this term, is Carl. I do see a lot of people with interest in taking the ministries though (i.e. Ying for CAS, Mike for Science and Space) so I think a clean sweep is needed there as well given we have new members.

Okay, now my ranting is over Razz So to the proposal, which is much more simple, and that is to have elections, ASAP. Maybe not a total clean slate, but at least the office of Chancellor and all of the ministries. Then there would be one long term and the ExSec and First Minister would have their normal terms when their elections take place in two months. Alternatively, we could move all terms and election dates back, but I personally don't want that because I don't want it to feel like an impeachment.

I know you guys have noticed a stale cabinet and ministry. It's time to change that. Thank you for your time and I am very sorry for any hurt feelings.

2Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Sat May 26, 2012 3:09 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I'd enjoy being a part of Science and Space! Very Happy

Mikey's blasting off again!

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

3Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Sat May 26, 2012 4:39 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

CAS, is that the Adonian World Heritage Site stuff??? if not then I run for that Committee spot as well xDxD and ask what CAS is xD

edit: Oh Culture Art and Sport, makes sense then xDxD yeh and the Committee space comes with the position of Minister?

4Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Sat May 26, 2012 7:49 am

Were we not having emergency elections?

5Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Sat May 26, 2012 10:01 am

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

I'm in support, I still think Daniel and Kurt have done a hell of a job and hope the return next term but with the size of the union at this point we do need more administration.

6Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Sat May 26, 2012 11:09 am

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

I completely agree. It really takes a while to get things done around here.

7Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Sat May 26, 2012 11:30 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

I agree as well xDxD

8Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Sat May 26, 2012 11:40 am

Escilnavia wrote:Were we not having emergency elections?
That's what this bill will initiate Smile

9Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Sat May 26, 2012 2:49 pm

oh, I'll be voting yes. Smile

10Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Sat May 26, 2012 3:18 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I'm sorry, I've been busy and I haven't been able to do everything that I should have. I just have no idea how to do things as well and it's hard for a first timer whose job isn't even supposed to be managing the elections.

11Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Sat May 26, 2012 4:40 pm

Daniel

Daniel

When were you thinking to hold the emergency vote, and would some or all of the offices be affected?

I support this btw. Smile

12Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Sat May 26, 2012 4:40 pm

Jack

Jack

Kurt wrote:I'm sorry, I've been busy and I haven't been able to do everything that I should have. I just have no idea how to do things as well and it's hard for a first timer whose job isn't even supposed to be managing the elections.
Exactly why you could use some extra help. Razz

13Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Sat May 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Carl

Carl

I support this and I'm pretty upset with the ministries not working D:

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

14Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Sat May 26, 2012 6:30 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

I'm pretty upset as well Carl with that =(

15Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Sat May 26, 2012 8:22 pm

Daniel wrote:When were you thinking to hold the emergency vote, and would some or all of the offices be affected?
The second this bill passes.

16Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Sun May 27, 2012 12:28 am

Jack

Jack

I don't know if there are any specific rules, but can this be put to vote now?

17Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Sun May 27, 2012 3:56 am

I'm 110% in favor of this. I agree things need to get done around here. Kurt and Daniel have done an amazing job, they kept this union together. On a smaller note, I hope I'll be considered for chancellor or some high position. As K50 knows I'm on everyday, and would be a very dedicated admin. (usually on all day and all night haha)

But yes lets get this to vote

18Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Sun May 27, 2012 8:59 am

voted.

19Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Sun May 27, 2012 1:24 pm

The country of Luther has voted upon this referendum.

20Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Sun May 27, 2012 11:57 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Voted. Smile

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

21Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Mon May 28, 2012 2:13 am

I believe this has passed.

Because we need administrators and ministers so bad so quick, I think we should declare what we run for now. Then in a few days we can do elections. Campaigns aren't really necessary because I personally want results sooner than later, I could care less reading and writing a cliché mission statement.

And with that, I will be using my experience as the longest continuous leader of 2COFR/USNW and run for Chancellor and I will also run for the Ministry of Health, Safety, and Education.

22Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Mon May 28, 2012 6:13 am

Daniel

Daniel

Passed. Official Emergency Elections thread coming later today.

Also, it would be helpful if there was a list somewhere of all the unoccupied positions, so I could make the thread quicker Razz

23Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Mon May 28, 2012 8:48 am

Ministry of economics.

24Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Mon May 28, 2012 9:06 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

Ministry of Culture, Arts and Sports and the coinciding job of head of the Adonian World Heritage Committee. Thankies ^_^

25Demand for a Refrendum Empty Re: Demand for a Refrendum Mon May 28, 2012 9:14 am

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

I'll declare myself for Chancellor, I've got plenty of time I can devote to this union between now and our next elections, possibly more than anyone else, and I am completely devoted to this union. I also have plenty of experience navigating the administration areas of a website like this one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum