The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Accepted: Full Membership | Follmeran Chancellery

+5
Daniel
YingBlanc
Will
Fox
Scotch Moen
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Accepted: Full Membership | Follmeran Chancellery Mikeysflag

Accepted: Full Membership | Follmeran Chancellery FollmeraCoatofArmsfinal

Accepted: Full Membership | Follmeran Chancellery Follmerapoliticalmap
(My In-game region does not entirely match the world map of the country)

Accepted: Full Membership | Follmeran Chancellery Follmerapoliticalmap2

Accepted: Full Membership | Follmeran Chancellery FollmeraCapital

Follmera's government is housed in two locations. The City/Regional Governance has a location in downtown New Uniden City along the shorefront, while the Chancellor, Vice Chancellor and High Councilors convene within the compound seen above. The Chancellor and Vice Chancellor however lives in the mansion on the grounds. Although Follmera is a Democratic nation, the Public holds voting only for High Council and Vice Chancellor positions. The right of succession is Family, and has been since the founding of the colony. If the Chancellor has a multi-child family, usually the Oldest is made successor to the seat. The government holds no bias toward gender, as there have been many female Chancellors in Follmera's history.

Accepted: Full Membership | Follmeran Chancellery LeCalmeSerpenterRiver

The Capital city sits on a river delta that has become a natural landmark. Named by a Frank, Le Calme Serpenter translates as The Calm Winding, for its calm and windy flow.

Accepted: Full Membership | Follmeran Chancellery FreightWildnerness

Railways are common throughout Follmera, and tend to blend very well within natural settings.

Accepted: Full Membership | Follmeran Chancellery WaywardNavalStation

One of only few bases, Wayward Naval Station was built on a small island off Follmera's southern shore. It serves coast guard duties and a way-station for Warships.

Accepted: Full Membership | Follmeran Chancellery OfficeofMilitaryIntelligence

All of Follmera's Military Administration is held in this structure. The Office of Military Intelligence coordinates Follmera's entire Armed Forces during Peace and Wartime, and answers only to the Chancellor.

Basic History:
------------------------

Centuries past, Follmera was once a colony port founded by Scandinavian explorers and settlers wanting a new home. The overabundance of forests made logging very lucrative, bringing both building supplies and wealth easily to the colony. As the city expanded, as well as towns further inland and along the coast, a regional government was set up with a Governor at it's head. After one hundred years of steady prosperity, the then current generation grew to believe they had the pull to include themselves in international politics. However, the founding country; who still owned the colony, refused to include them. Learning this, the populace grew outraged that their hard-work meant nothing now if they couldn't get any say in government. Protests soon followed in New Uniden. The port closed without it's workers, and the founding country stopped getting profits from the colony. Wanting to avoid using force on their people, but hurting from the sudden drop in trade, the government decided to give them semi-sovereignty, thus giving them a voice in politics. This success brought peace back to the populace, but the fight didn't stop there. After another generation, and more growth, the people of the colony began to restructure their regional governance. With their new lenience, the Governor was changed to being a Chancellor, with a small council serving under him to help regulate the power over the populace. This was seen as a direct violation to the home country's wants, but quickly discovered Follmera had been secretly building a Militia. Again, wishing to avoid bloodshed, the ruling government had no choice but to grand the colony full sovereignty and recognized it as an Independent nation on the grounds that they still hold strong trade ties with the home country. The people accepted the terms and rejoiced in the streets. The Foll people now had their own nation.

Population: 32,063,500 (Thirty Two Million, Sixty Three Thousand, Five Hundred)

Government Facts: Democratic Chancellery
Head of State: Chancellor
....................: Vice chancellor
Legislative.....: High Council
Regional.......: Mayors & Judges

Economic Facts:

Export:

Heavy Logging
Building Materials
Agriculture
Avionics (Rotor-Wing Aircraft)
Valuable Ore & Gems

Import:

Chemicals
Power Components
Automobiles
Electronics
Other

Other Info:

Follmera has a small standing Army but specializes in Rotor-Wing Aircraft of all sorts. If requesting Military aid, Follmera would be able to grant Transport and Air Support assets.

Accepted: Full Membership | Follmeran Chancellery FollmeraFlagFlat

Fructuosus, Novellus, Infragilis

Last edited by Michael Moen Archean on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:00 am; edited 2 times in total

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

Fox

I love it.

Great History, would love to explore it further as it sounds very interesting.

Love the location and commodities ... I'm in need of agriculture and lumber.

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

no...

way I can't like this Smile Easy yes from me Smile

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

no?

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

you must not have looked at the bottom :p
Will wrote:no...

way I can't like this Smile Easy yes from me Smile

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

Love it =3 yes from me

Daniel

Daniel

I think you put a bit too much of a space between "No..." and "...way I can't like this Smile" there, Will xD

Great application, currently setting up the forum for you in accordance with that AFDES merger law Very Happy

PS: Do you have a non-wavy version of that flag by any chance?

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

maybe Blush

Carl

Carl

Yea Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

Dude love it! Seems you are as good at SC4 as you are on minecraft! Very Happy I'd vote yes, but I can't. Razz

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

OMG, this is great! Smile

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

@Daniel: I actually don't, but I could easily make one if it's needed.

Great to see so much praise! I'm not gonna show the capital proper yet. So much work to be done on it. -_-

Escilnavia, are you and bigro okay with me being your neighbors?

@ Mike: haha, I moved my location to west Althena because Loftindor is more of a euro style country Razz

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Ah, the political map still shows you north of me. Razz

Yeah. Chip hasn't updated it for a while Neutral

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

Chip doesn't exist no more =l Fox and I are attempting to do the map

Thanks Ying Smile, I know he doesn't "exist" anymore.

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

By the way, may i edit "Follmera"s coast a little to match the region i have? It's not drastic.

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

I wouldn't see any reason you couldn't if it's small.

Fox

If it isn't a small change it should go through the cartographic committee for a vote, you'll need to post it in the map forums as a proposal for them to make a decision on it.

If it is only small, then there shouldn't be a problem, it's not as though any of us that actually play have a region that is exactly matching our maps. Just remember that a pixel on the map is roughly the size of a medium city tile, so small changes wouldn't be noticeable really.

residentsim

residentsim

Wonderful entry! I will absolutely vote yes for your submission!

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Ah nevermind about the edit then.

bigro

bigro

bureaucracy ruins everything D:

Daniel

Daniel

ACCEPTED as part of the Union Merger Policy, barring any objections, of which there are none so far. Smile

Your national CJ forum is located here; it will be complete once I have your national motto and a non-wavy form of your flag. Wink

Fox

We don't need to vote any more?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum