The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Demographic and Economic maps of Adonia

+6
stanislavsoltys
Chip
Qorten
Bruce
Carl
Daniel
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Demographic and Economic maps of Adonia Empty Demographic and Economic maps of Adonia Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:34 pm

Okay, so I decided to make some maps where important things like GDP per capita, population density, languages, ethnics and similar things are clearly shown. These things are often in discussion, if something don't suits you, just say, I will think about changing it (depends on importance). You can post there ideas on some new maps. There are shown finished maps.
GDP per Capita:
Demographic and Economic maps of Adonia Gdp
Languages:
Demographic and Economic maps of Adonia Languages
Average life expectancy:
Demographic and Economic maps of Adonia Lifeexpectanct
Natural Resources part I
Demographic and Economic maps of Adonia Grandresources

Last edited by 9988 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:03 am; edited 11 times in total

Daniel

Daniel

I like it! Why is Malo missing though? Razz (Grand may be too small to see on the map, but Malo definitely isn't Razz)

Impressive Smile Love it! HEY IM BACK! yayay! Razz

I think Malo is also very small, and it is quite hard to see on that map(about 6 px in size)

Daniel

Daniel

@9988: Actually Malo is only small compared to its bordering countries (which are very large). It's one of the largest nations in the region (i.e. on that sea), and so would be clearly visible on that map Razz

Okay. So Malo is that tiny dot located near Forgia, I think. It is on these maps.

Carl

Carl

Neutral Maybe we can use insets

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Wait i found an error. I dont speak Trentannian... Thats a 2nd language in Escambia. Our Official is Brüllen, (German)

Daniel

Daniel

Where's Arabic on the map? Razz (Arabic is spoken by Gansbaai, as well as most of the nations around Malo, including Malo)

Bruce

Bruce

My GDP is incorrect Razz Anyway, great work!

https://plus.google.com/111420842954473821448/

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

Dantanaean GDP is definitely above the 20k Enieo mark so it should be blue.

Daniel

Daniel

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure Trentannia's is as well, though I could be wrong Razz

13Demographic and Economic maps of Adonia Empty Re: Demographic and Economic maps of Adonia Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:41 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Etruscan is spoken by a lot more than what is marked, I'll try to get you a list, but most of my commonwealths speak it.

http://www.usnw.net

14Demographic and Economic maps of Adonia Empty Re: Demographic and Economic maps of Adonia Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:13 am

Looks really good, you've done a very good job.

You do have one little issue though, New Chandler isn't that rich (GDP per capita = 10,113.40). We should be the green color, not the bright blue. The bordering countries should also be like that.... so we don't look as bad Razz

But besides that, this map will certainly be a net plus for us, thanks for doing it Smile

Okay, i will fix everything soon. Chip, please provide the list of countries what speak etruscan. Daniel - Arabic is Hedjabian. Qorten - Okay, I will fix it. Bruce - same thing. Saathoff - okay, it will be fixed. K50 - I will fix it soon.

Daniel

Daniel

@9988: In the language registry center, Arabic is registered as "Arabic" (it's called Arabic on Adonia as well) Wink

Both maps are now updated!

Daniel

Daniel

Looks a lot better Smile Can't tell which language Utrova is speaking on the map though Razz (Utrova speaks Utrovan = Slavic languages)

Qorten

Qorten

K50 Dude wrote:Looks really good, you've done a very good job.

You do have one little issue though, New Chandler isn't that rich (GDP per capita = 10,113.40). We should be the green color, not the bright blue. The bordering countries should also be like that.... so we don't look as bad Razz

But besides that, this map will certainly be a net plus for us, thanks for doing it Smile

I'd at least go for purple, K50. Considering how your country looks, it doesn't have to be among the richest, but half or even a bit less of what the richest nations have seems a bit too much of a difference.

Utrovan is some Northern Slavic(Maellachian) language, like russian. Alallavic languages are more Southern Slavic, like Serbian or Slovak.
There is officially spoken more than 150 languages in Adonia, I think.
Also, please vote what map I would make first, possible maps can be found on the first post.

Last edited by 9988 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:29 am; edited 2 times in total

21Demographic and Economic maps of Adonia Empty Re: Demographic and Economic maps of Adonia Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:56 am

Daniel

Daniel

Ok, so since we already have a climate map (check it out), I'd probably go for the life expectancy one Smile

22Demographic and Economic maps of Adonia Empty Re: Demographic and Economic maps of Adonia Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:46 am

Qorten

Qorten

Climate map could probably need an update to conform to what people say the climate is in their country. Mine for instance is a mixture of subtropical in the utmost north, south and east, desert in the middle and west and moderate to cold in the Quluq region (southeast). The Quluq region's climate is due to a cold ocean current coming to the ocean surface right in front of the coast of Quluq and going all the way south to dive under again at the west coast of the island Edolnesia (part of Samastra).

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

Utrovan is Ukrainian, Russian, Polish and Bulgarian combined Wink No where near Arabic. Neutral Also my climate is Great Lakes on the south, and Northwest USA on the southwest of Utrova. Smile

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

Okay, maps updated as we have three new members. Also, I am going to make two more maps, Natural Resources and Energetics one.
For energetics map I will need where do you have major hydroelectric dams in your nation, if you have some of exceptional size, and also if you have deposits of Coal, Oil, Uranium and Natural Gas.
For Natural Resources one, please tell me if you have some of these in your nation. Please don't "overpower" your nation with having huge amounts of all resources. List of choseable resources are there. If you have exceptional amounts of some resource(more than 3% of world reserves), write that too. You can choose:

Bauxite
Lead
Zinc
Chrome
Iron
Gold
Potassium
Copper
Mangane
Nickel
Phosphates
Platinium
Silver
Tungsten
Tin
Diamonds
Marble

Please help me with this and take few minutes to write what resources do you have - we will finally know what nations have deposits of various resources.

Daniel

Daniel

Grand has plenty of gold, silver, lead, and diamonds, but is quite resource-poor in most of those other listed things Razz

Malo has copper and oil, only the latter of which it exports however, using the copper domestically ("domestically" includes Grand Razz)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum