The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marqualis Informer

+3
Carl
ForthWall
Sauberbmw
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:05 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

That's quite a diverse collection of political parties you've got there. Razz

27Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:54 pm

Carl

Carl

Well it's not like in Acadia where Harper is Neutral Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

28Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:05 am

Jack

Jack

Why do you hate Harper so much? What have the conservatives ever done to you?

29Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:07 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Possibly "conserving" against civil liberties? Razz

I'm just uttering nonsense over here. Cake!

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

30Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:24 am

Carl

Carl

Well Jack:

What you Don't Know About NAFTA

Also, Harper is not "Conservative", he is way too right (I mean too Conservative). Harper was once on the extreme right Canadian Alliance Party, which merged with another extreme right Reform Party to form the current Conservative Party, which is misleading to the real Conservative Party, the Progressive Conservative Party, which is not really extreme right. (The PCs suffered a major defeat in 1993 which they lost all but 2 seats).

Also, ending the Long Gun Registry, Proroguing the Parliament, Cutting Jobs to Food Inspectors (Gosh the XL foods fiasco did open our eyes) and also... Bev Oda, etc.

31Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:51 am

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Election Central

As the first week comes to a close, a public poll was taken to see the current standing results. In what can truly be a shocker, the Republicans have come out on top with a dominating lead over rivals. This is the first time in history that a party has dominated so well. More results below.

Election Central

Crises in the East

As the crises in Fraesia winds down, a new threat has been growing east in Nilia and Albian as well as involving Okaiken. In what seems a short period, a small conflict has erupted into a war involving several USNW nations including nearby Folland. Analysts are saying that this dispute would be ended quickly as such a large military force sent by several nations to assist Nilia and Albian would easily take care of such a small force. Some believe however that the world could plunge into another world war. More on this story as it develops. The standing government of Marqualis has stated that it legally cannot be involved with foreign affairs until a new Prime Minister has been elected.

Stock Market Tumble

The stock market took a plunge today amid fears of the growing issues in the East. The market plunged more than 100 points and investor confidence has been shattered in foreign markets. Several large banks as well as financial institutes have begun to recall bonds as fears amount of a stock tumble. The hardest hit however, was of course major industry here that depend on the raw materials coming in from the East. The government could not be reached for comments.

32Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:54 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Hold on to yer butts, here comes the second great Adonian war.

33Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Jack

Jack

^ You know I'll be there. Marqualis Informer - Page 2 555855580

34Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:04 pm

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Mine Explosion

At approximately 8:45 this morning, a large explosion was heard coming from the island in North Valium. The explosion came from the coal mine owned and operated by Mineral Acquisitions Company (MAC) near the centre of the island. The sound was heard as far away as mainland Valium. At first, the citizens of Cedera thought the company was mining, but when plumes of black smoke rose out of the mine, citizens began to evacuate almost immediately. Authorities were quick to respond, shutting down the surrounding area as fire fighters desperately try to subdue the flames. We have received reports that it is in fact, raining ash in what can only be described as hell on Adonia. The company has stated that no workers were present at the facility due to machinery upgrades that were long overdue. Authorities are still investigating the cause, though foul play is expected

Terror Attack!

An explosion has rocked the embassy in Folland today. The target embassies are believed to be the Embassies of Shayden, Acadia and Kaskaskia who are currently involved in the Crises to the East. There have been no official word yet on whether there has been any injuries/deaths, but sources say the damage was extensive. Sources are also saying that this attack was the doing of a pro-communist party operating in Folland. The explosives in question were military grade. More on this as it develops...

Ameka on fire

7 am this morning was a horrific ordeal for the citizens of Ameka. An estimated 50 pre-1970's B52 bombers flew over a nearby forested Island dropping incendiary bombs. Large fires have been reported, mostly to the south however. 240 people are believed to be dead but that number could sky-rocket as fire fighters battle the blaze. There has been reports of toxic gas and smoke in the area which increases hazards for the stricken citizens. This attack is believe to be the work of Ghangijan forces.

Election Central

As each parties campaigning comes to an end, Marqualis citizens will be able to cast their votes tomorrow. Still leading the polls, The Republicans are looking to secure a majority government. If secured, this would be the first time in the history of the party that a majority was formed, and would mark the fifth time it has happened in the history of the nation.

Fifth of November

Security forces are on high alert as today marks the 400th anniversary of Charles de Frank. Charles de Frank was a notorious criminal and an advocate for the separation of the people from the state. Wanted for several crimes, Charles was found and Hung on November 5th 1612. Records have shown that he was a high profile assassin and a thief that robbed the treasury several times. His plans were foiled when he planned to destroy the Parliament using explosive in a tunnel underneath the building.

35Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Lots of good reading to do! So hell on adonia?

Ze Republicans, they be coming! D:

36Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:39 pm

Jack

Jack

Lots of interesting news. That last one is pretty creative! Razz

37Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:16 am

Carl

Carl

Lots of good reads; very newsy even though I'm abroad Razz

38Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:57 am

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Polls Are UP!

Polls are now up and voting has commenced in the nation of Marqualis. Citizens are already flooding in to polling booths to cast their vote for the next Prime Minister. Election Headquarters are allowing Nations of the USNW to vote as well, giving one vote per country. The government has encouraged people to vote by giving a tax relief incentive to help increase voter turn out. The polls are expected to run for 3 days before being tallied up and the winner sworn in. More on this to come.

Election Central

39Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:12 pm

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Just headlines for now as I haven't had time to write proper stories.

Talagua blamed for mine attack.
Republicans win majority government!
Acadia declares war
Marqualis joins space venture.

40Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Jack

Jack

The republicans won?! cheers

41Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:11 am

Carl

Carl

I guess mines (idk which kind) are popular these days Razz

42Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:10 am

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

ArrowHead wrote:I guess mines (idk which kind) are popular these days Razz

Lol Mines like in coal, gold, diamond etc Razz

Sorry guys again as my schedule is hectic so again just headlines Razz

Ghuangji Surrenders.
Folland Carrier Sunk.
Marqualis declares war on Talagua.

43Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:12 am

Carl

Carl

Oh gawd another war xD

Nu all kinds of mines (mines in mining; mines in war, etc. Razz)

44Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Jack

Jack

Talagua? I'm not entirely sure where that is, but it's somewhere near Shayden. I hope we get more information soon so Acadia can do their stuff. Devil

45Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:59 am

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Jack wrote:Talagua? I'm not entirely sure where that is, but it's somewhere near Shayden. I hope we get more information soon so Acadia can do their stuff. Devil

Lol it was the area i was gonna claim earlier in my old application. Ill post pictures soon and look forward for Acadias assistance Razz

46Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:00 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

There better be some detailed background to this. D: I'm so in the dark.

47Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:41 am

Jack

Jack

Yay, war pictures! Don't forget to explain why the war is happening, of course. Razz

48Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Sauberbmw

Sauberbmw

Folland treasury considers switching to Sents

The Folland treasury has been considering switching from Follands long stand Follars, to the Sents. The Sents, Used by Shayden and Acadia, The two largest economies on the Euphemian mainland, will allow easier trade between the nations. Although there is no official word on Folland adopting the Enieo, analysts do predict that Folland will not be adopting it. However, as required by law, the Enieo will have to be accepted at financial institutes. More on this as it develops.

War

Having invaded and occupied the closets islands to the nation, the Marqualis battlegroup is expected to continue the push towards mainland Talagua. Citizens of the islands have not been allowed to leave and are under close watch as to not jeopardize personal on the islands. The Navy has cut all communications and flight to and from the island except for military traffic. The admiral has spoken a few words to the presses.

"....We will continue to push till we reach the heart of the nation that attacked us. We can not allow them to get away with this and nothing will stop us until the job is done"

More on this as it develops

49Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:22 pm

Carl

Carl

LOL I forgot that Talagua war is still going on Razz

Go Sents!

50Marqualis Informer - Page 2 Empty Re: Marqualis Informer Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:51 pm

Jack

Jack

I need a map and an in-order account of events!  I want to understand why this war is happening, lol. Razz

And, yeah my Sents will rule the world. Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum