The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members

+10
kj34
Scotch Moen
Fox
residentsim
Daniel
Carl
stanislavsoltys
YingBlanc
Will
Kurt
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:45 am

I suggest we just transfer all the data to a different site if this chip guy is gonna be "stubborn."

77ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:47 am

Daniel

Daniel

From what I understand, "new union" is probably synonymous with "new site" (which probably isn't going to be used very much anyway until this site goes down). Razz

@Escilnavia: That's what we're doing right now; it's harder than it seems, though. D:

78ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:49 am

@Daniel: I'm sorry, I understand. It's just that I'm not very good with computers and the internet. Razz

79ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:40 am

bigro

bigro

yeah, this is an externally hosted website, it won't be as easy as "copy all the files here, paste them over to here"

It's going to more like "tediously try and replicate ever single damn post ever"

80ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:41 am

@bigro: So it would be like copy and pasting a book a sentence at a time, huh?

81ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:45 am

bigro

bigro

Try a word at a time Very Happy

Because they also need to say WHO made this and that post (possibly by just putting up the top something like "posted by such and such on some date") Also when.

Not to mention some of the other complication involved....

By the time they are done it will be oct 2 Razz

82ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:48 am

Then, yeah, we should just keep the site as it is. Smile

83ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:23 am

Daniel

Daniel

Escilnavia wrote:Then, yeah, we should just keep the site as it is. Smile

That's what we're hoping we will be able to do; if not, we should at least "copy" the most important forums and their info (through printscreens if absolutely nessecary), such as the CJ forums and some administrator-related forums/threads. The rest of them, such as the Application Center, the International Assembly, etc can pretty much be done from scratch (also, some CJers here have also posted their updates on Simtropolis, so for old updates we could just make posts with the ST links). Wink

84ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:58 am

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Maybe consider just copying the main subjects like the map (which isn't Chip's), the new Claimed List, etc. Instead of the whole of the forums. There is plenty on here which is sort of out of date and we could simply use this site as an archive, and if Chip does delete it, then so be it :\

85ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

I think we do need a new site, now. We can't copy every post, though. It would be great if we could make a new website, but not a new union.

And, what's going on with the portal? It looks like some CSS was deleted... Skeptical

86ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:06 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

I agree, doesn't look right. Something fishy
ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Wels-catfish

87ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:10 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

D=D= it's starting to crumble D=D=D=

88ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:19 pm

Daniel

Daniel

The portal has been problematic before if I remember correctly, so let's just hope it's nothing major.

89ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

probably overreacting Smile

90ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:23 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Yeah, it's probably just a badly-timed coincidence. Smile

Also, lol at the fishy pic.

91ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:24 pm

Jack

Jack

As long as nothing with the forum goes wrong its fine. Smile But the problem with the portal is the CSS to make the slider and the nav bar at the top was deleted or maybe accidently deactivated in the admin CP.

92ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:31 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Gotta inject a laugh in there daniel Razz

93ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:40 pm

Jack

Jack

The portal seems to be fixed now! Smile Any updates on the new forum?

94ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:48 am

Carl

Carl

Ummm guys, look at Chip's post D:

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

95ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:27 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

After reading what he had to say, I guess everything discussed about a new site is a moot point now.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

96ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Jack

Jack

After reading his post, I do think we need a new forum. Crying

97ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:11 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Why? The site isn't in danger of deletion anymore. Why still go for a new one?

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

98ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:08 pm

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Look guys, I've been a member of this union since it was founded, heck Jon, K50, and I founded it. Deleting the site or messing with any of your stuff is the last thing I would ever do, you have my word. I've been the trouble of setting up new forums and all that mess, and trust me, you really don't want to go through that, it'll take you weeks if not months to get a forum even close to what you have now. Jon and I put so much work into this the last thing I want to see happen to it is it to go unused.

http://www.usnw.net

99ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:42 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

Hey Chip. ;(

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

100ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 4 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Jack

Jack

Michael Moen Archean wrote:Why? The site isn't in danger of deletion anymore. Why still go for a new one?
I thought that before I finished reading. I thought we needed a new one when I read that he was resigning and won't have time for the site. But he said he will leave it alone and I trust that after posting the entire truth straight-forward like he did.

I'm glad we can continue with USNW and not have to merge or start a new union.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum