The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members

+10
kj34
Scotch Moen
Fox
residentsim
Daniel
Carl
stanislavsoltys
YingBlanc
Will
Kurt
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:25 pm

Thanks Ying + Fox

And does Chip own the Website and the wiki?

27ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:26 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

ah... as I said the other day, make a shared admin account as your main admin account Smile

Esclinavia: Short way of saying it is: Daniel and Kurt are admins but Chip created the site and as such the main admin account, which overrules any other admin account, is Chip's account. So basically yes...

28ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:50 pm

Daniel

Daniel

@Will: Don't forget Jon! He's also an admin Razz

As for the wiki, dunno. Maybe. D:

29ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:52 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

Want me to like have an archive of the wiki pages so we can do it over again?

30ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:55 pm

Daniel

Daniel

Hmmm... as long as you feel like you're up to the task, sounds alright to me Smile

(PS: That's a "backup" wiki you're referring to creating, right? Or did I misunderstand you entirely? xD)

31ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:58 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

just like an army of Notepad documents with the wiki but a backup will be an easier idea, I just have no idea how to make one xDxD

32ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:59 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

could put them on my wiki? I've got a personal one we can use.

33ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:01 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

okays Will ^_^ Still might make a personal back-up archive

34ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:15 pm

You do know that the forums are going to be put into Daniel's name right?

Or has he not told all of you yet? Razz

35ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Make a shared admin account! Razz

36ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Carl

Carl

Yeah Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

37ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:15 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

So wait, if that guy owns the site, can he delete it? You guys said his account overrules the other admins.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

38ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:16 am

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

he could, but we're trying to change that at this point.

39ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:11 am

I feel like the public relations guy..... Daniel and Kurt you need to keep your union in touch with what you're doing. Wink I know this is difficult.

First of all, 30, Will, and the rest, if you want the shared admin account so badly, propose it where you are supposed to. And believe me, it's an incredibly stupid idea. Think about what we've already learned when people get too much power. You let the people who you trust take that power. And you get that chance twice a year in an important event called elections.

Second, Chip will not own the site after this is over with. At this point in time the site could still be deleted, but the odds of that aren't very good. If that does happen Chip is going to get a lot of hot air from all of us, especially me. The most crucial administrator account, the one that can delete the sites, will, if all goes well, be put in either Daniel's or Kurt's name.

Regarding the wiki, Chip has been stripped of any power on it and permanently blocked. The wiki should be completely safe at this point.

40ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:31 am

Fox

Don't worry K50, you're not the public relations guy, but thanks for showing up at a time of crisis, no need to worry about us, we'll be alright as those of us who want the USNW to continue are staying positive and doing our best to get things back to as normal as they can be.

Your words of wisdom the last few days will help Daniel and Kurt, until he leaves for the AIN, and we are already moving on and forward.

Good news on the wiki and Ying .. it is always a good idea to back up your own wiki stuff in notepad or word .. just incase.

41ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:26 am

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

No, like the account on simmania, not as in only one admin account. But I suppose this isn't the best place for that anyway. And thank you K50 for being so helpful during this period.

42ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Carl

Carl

I don't really like a shared admin though, but I like K50s ideas Very Happy

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

43ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:43 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

I don't like a shared admin idea either. Razz

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

44ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:36 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

I still don't understand the concept of a shared admin account Razz

45ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

basically the main account that can delete the site isn't anyone's actual account, but each executive still has an admin account.

46ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:01 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

Oh, no. Now I feel bad that I left the union. I hope admin transfering will all work out. I see no need for starting over; just moving on. I will remain active here as much as I can. Smile I agree with the shared admin idea. Very Happy Hopefully this will all be resolved soon.

Also, this will probably be extremely boring and time consuming, but some of the forum descriptions are still a little misleading.

"Includes: Office of the Chancellor, Charles Brown."

47ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:50 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

Honestly, a shared account makes a lot of sense. There are certain things that the founder account can do that no other account can, and some of them are rather useful, but only one of them that can do any damage (obviously the power to delete the forums). If there is any problem with any of our admins having access to those powers then we're saying there's also a problem with them having access to administrative powers.

48ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:02 am

Daniel

Daniel

Okay, I've finally been directed to the correct person to contact at Forumotion, so I'm sending the message off again for what is hopefully the last time Smile

49ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:24 am

Daniel

Daniel

Well, I've just gotten a reply from Forumotion, and it's not good (for us at least). Neutral

"Hello :hello:

The first thing to know, is that you have a tool to report litigation about other Forumotion's forums : https://www.forumotion.com/en/litigation
So, you don't need to report it to any staff member Wink

Then, I'm sorry but you are reporting things that happened in private discussions, outside of the forum, so there's nothing we can do.

As long as he's the founder of the forum, he can do what he wants unless adding illegal content. So if you're not agree with his behaviour outside of the forum, I suggest that you leave the forum and create a new one.

It's the best way to be sure that you'll not be disturbing by him anymore, because a founder of a forum can't be banned from it Smile

Thanks a lot!"

So... any ideas as to what we should do next about this?

50ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members - Page 2 Empty Re: ATTENTION: Letter to All Union Members Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:30 am

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

could you go in and change his password, email, etc. and username to make it a shared account for all admins? I believe you could...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum